Creative Nail Design Love Stinks

Creative Nail Design Love Stinks

This is a great, great polish! It is a sparkly deep fruit punchy color and I have to admit I love it! I wore this for 2 weeks (which is unusual for me because I do change polish frequently) and it didn't chip or fade. In fact, it looked as vibrant when I went to remove it as it did when I first applied it. Also, it didn't take long to dry at all.

Would buy this again! This might be the first CND polish of mine to become a staple for me! Love, love, love!

on 2/7/2007 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Every time I think of this polish, I hear the J. Geils Band's song "Love Stinks." It's kind of annoying. However, that's really the only annoying thing about this polish. Usually I have a hard time getting Creative polishes to dry. I forgot I was using one and just slapped some Poshe quick-drying topcoat over two coats of Love Stinks on my pinkie. Oddly enough, Love Stinks dried fairly quickly! Now perhaps that was because I used no basecoat, or the fact that it was on my pinkie - less surface area to dry. I couldn't tell you why it dried so quickly and nicely, nor could I tell you that I could do a whole mani of Love Stinks and have it dry quickly, too. But I am heartened by the fact that it did dry quickly, which will encourage me to look forward to trying it again. I've had this on a fingernail that is shorter than the tip of my nail for a few days, and there has been no wear. (Edited to add- you will need to use a basecoat with this polish for sure. It stains the nail quickly and the stain itself is bright and noticable.)

As for the color, Love Stinks looks like a bright true red on me, maybe slightly more orange as opposed to blue. (I am NW 15/Winter/PPP.) It's pretty packed with red shimmer that's a slight bit lighter than the polish itself, but still very close in color. In bright sunlight, this polish really comes alive! The red sparkles sometimes turn fuchsia or silver, and the polish just shimmers wonderfully. I think this is a great polish for any day, not just holidays that stink!

on 5/30/2006 10:23:00 AM

I confess I bought this just for the name (it's just not Valentine's Day til I've heard that song), but it's a great color. This is about 50% bright red , 35% hot pink, 15% coral (in other words fruit punch) with a silvery spark. If you ever wished that OPI Dress to Empress were a bit cooler and had better coverage this one's for you. Good coverage in 2 coats. Creative is notorious for slow drying. I left 15 mins between color coats and used a drying accelerator oil. About 15 mins after applying the oil I felt safe to do most things, but I would not have tried opening a soda can. I'm told that Seche top coat and Creative Speed Dry work even better with this. I have had a slight problem with very tiny edge chips.

Popular Polishes