Bare Escentuals Weather Everything Waterproof Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Bare Escentuals Weather Everything Waterproof Mascara

3.8

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This was just awful! The brush was terrible. The "hairs" sat so close together, I could not get them between my lashes!! I ended up just "painting" under them. It looked just weird. I threw it in the garbage after trying it now and again with no luck!

I bought this mascara two times. The first time i fell in love with it, I had no clumps and made my lashes look natural and amazing. However the second time I bought this product, I was really disappointed. The second bottle was a defect because the brush would carry so much product (that never happened with my first bottle) and it got super messy when trying to put the applicator back in with mascara formula oozing out. After this experience I was reluctant to buy this mascara again and decided to try other mascaras, which was for the better found cheaper mascaras (covergirl) that worked better than this product.

I purchased this as part of a QVC BE TSV awhile back. I'm not a big wearer of mascara, but I had an event to go to, and just incase I was going to cry, I wanted to wear a waterproof mascara. It works very well, (I mostly use light coats) and it didn't flake nor clump. For the removal, I used a Clinique eye make-up remover that I had on hand. Any eye make-up remover will work, provided that you get one that removes waterproof (not just water resistant) mascara. For people who only wear mascara occassionally, you can't go wrong with this one from BE. Look for it in a kit for the best value.

on 4/28/2008 11:46:00 AM

I agree with the last reviewer. This mascara looks very pretty and lasts through everything. I had a baby last year, and I happened to be wearing this mascara, along with my other BE make-up when I went into labor. This mascara was still on me 48 hours later (after having a baby), in fact I had to have my husband bring eye makeup remover to the hospital for me so I could remove it.

on 1/15/2008 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I Love this Mascara! Another 10 for BE. The first time I used this it didn't seem to give off a look for me. It seemed to not build on my lashes like a dollar store mascara. But after reading a couple reviews I realized that the trick was to use lots of quick strokes from the base of lashes to the ends (especially working at the base). Then I use eyelash curler to set the curl. I know all this seems like to much but it is worth it for me because I have eye allergies especially in my right eye and regular mascaras irritate my eye. Even though other mascaras claim to be waterproof, they eventually do start to run after so much water touches the lashes. I used to use Covergirl Fantastic Lash Waterproof, then Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof, and sometimes Maybelline Full and Soft Waterproof. All these claimed to be WATERPROOF but after the day goes on by it starts to smudge and your lashes start to feel like goo! To my surprise BE WE Mascara stays on even if water is on them (And your lashes are safe to touch. No matter how much you touch or rub the the mascara does not come off and your lashes don't clump together). I grabbed my lashes and picked up my eye lid and the mascara still didn't budge. I even did a go to sleep in it test. And to my surprise once again, when I woke up the next morning, the mascara was still on my lashes but not with a goo look or feel like the other brands (it looked sooo natural). I even too a warm towel and vigorously kept rubbing to remove the mascara but it did not come off (and it was not gooey or clumpy, it looked like real dark lashes). I was jokingly like, maybe I only have to put on mascara once a week now. But in all seriousness, to remove the mascara you would definitely have to use eye makeup remover.

I have eye allergies, so I'm forever on the quest for the perfect mascara that will not smear/smudge as I tear throughout the day. I have to say that this mascara does *not* smudge, much to my surprise as I truly believe BE is mostly hype (and I can say that because I used BE for over two years before I finally gave up on trying to make it work for me). I can honestly tell you that this is better lasting power than the infamous DiorShow (the waterproof one too!). I don't have any problems with clumping because I always wipe my mascara wand first before applyng, even though I know it's wasting a lot of product. I bought this in a set so the price is very reasonable. However, I'm not too sure if I'd buy it again because I'm not completely convinced that I can't find something better. I wish there's a category for "Maybe". :)

on 11/6/2007 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

True, this mascara will hold up for the entire day w/o smudging, however, it made my lashes really dry and brittle looking. In addition, it's horrible to take off!

on 8/21/2007 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Wow - this stuff is amazing. It requires multiple quick, short strokes to apply, but it gives me wonderfully full, soft lashes that don't look fake or clumped. No smudging problems. It takes a bit of work to get it off. Yay, BE!

on 3/13/2007 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like this stuff for the most part. I wear it to the gym since it's waterproof (I CANNOT go out in public w/o mascara). I love how it makes my lashes curlier and defines them. Not a dramatic type of mascara, but good for a natural look. However, I don't know if it's just me or what, but for some reason the brush hurts my eyelashes when I put it on. I have no idea what's up with that. Plus it is so hard getting it off at night (which I don't have much to complain about with that since it is a waterproof mascara after all).

on 1/9/2007 7:23:00 PM

Been using this for about 6 months and repurchased extra tubes. LOVE this mascara. Makes my eyelashes curl. It may be a pain to take off, but I use Ponds eyemake-up remover which I love.