Bare Escentuals Weather Everything Waterproof Mascara

Bare Escentuals Weather Everything Waterproof Mascara

3.0

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

It's perfecto. Anything from this barnd is perfect. It has great legnth and volume, better than Clinique, MAC, and other drugstore brands. It has high quality and is made out of great minerals. It is natural, and my favorite brand. I have a matching eyeliner and a Bare Escenruals
(Bare Minerals) set at home. It looks nattural and neutral as if there no makeup being worn on my face at all, thats they kay and magic of makeup. This mscara isn't very clumpy and definatley waterproof. It stays on for the day and even night.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This was just awful! The brush was terrible. The "hairs" sat so close together, I could not get them between my lashes!! I ended up just "painting" under them. It looked just weird. I threw it in the garbage after trying it now and again with no luck!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I used this mascara for about 2 years.

PROS:
It's water resistant
Darkens your lashes
Doesn't smudge when dry
Doesn't clump

CONS:
It was so hard to take off! I had to wash and use make-up removers a couple times to get it off.
Doesn't separate lashes
Doesn't lengthen
It doesn't enhance lashes very well

I think this mascara would work better for just the bottom lashes because of the thinner wand.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

There are no polite words to describe how much I HATE this mascara. Gosh, I get angry just by thinking about it! It doesn't do anything for me - no length, no volume, doesn't separate my lashes, the staying power sucks. The brush itself is so harsh that I could do my dirty dishes with it. I bought this off eBay and payed $15 - too much money for crap. And yes, I have tried the tips I've read here about some different techniques to make this work .. But no, no, no. This sucks, from the beginning to the end. I will give this away to my mom, who isn't that concerned with what kind of mascara she uses.
And yes, one more thing - the black in this mascara is more of a pale, greyish black; it's not even near a true va-va-voom black. Buy it only if you really feel like you don't know what to waste your money on! (You can always give the money to the homeless. Just don't give them this mascara .. )

on 8/21/2007 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Wow - this stuff is amazing. It requires multiple quick, short strokes to apply, but it gives me wonderfully full, soft lashes that don't look fake or clumped. No smudging problems. It takes a bit of work to get it off. Yay, BE!

on 3/13/2007 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like this stuff for the most part. I wear it to the gym since it's waterproof (I CANNOT go out in public w/o mascara). I love how it makes my lashes curlier and defines them. Not a dramatic type of mascara, but good for a natural look. However, I don't know if it's just me or what, but for some reason the brush hurts my eyelashes when I put it on. I have no idea what's up with that. Plus it is so hard getting it off at night (which I don't have much to complain about with that since it is a waterproof mascara after all).

*Since YMMV w/ mascara, I have dark long lashes that are about medium thick, and the tips are very light. I live in a VERY dry climate, & have sensitive eyes prone to watering*
I got this mascara in a set, which is good because I'd be bummed if I spent full price on it. It's not an awful mascara- it just doesn't do much. It has about a million *tiny* soft bristles, so right away you know this thing won't give you a ton of length. The formula is very light, so there's also no real thickening.
However if you are going to have an active day so you don't want a bunch of mascara running but do want some lash definition/color, this would be a really good one. I still keep me tube for rainy days and when I don't feel like having much on my lashes- but otherwise I just can't recommend this. It's like the definiton of "blah" :( continued >>

on 7/19/2006 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hate to be the lone dissenter here, but this is monumentally unimpressive. Seems waterproof enough, but does diddly for thickening the lashes. Lengthens a bit, but mostly just darkens them. I have yet to find a BE mascara I'm impressed with, and I'm a big BE fan...

on 7/7/2006 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

First, let me say, I am not a regular user of waterproof mascaras. I find they dry out my lashes, and are difficult to remove at the end of the day. I find they come in handy when I will be working out, playing tennis or spending the day at the beach or pool, and do not want my mascara running. I received Weather Everything as part of a QVC kit. I was on my way to a beach vacation when the package arrived, so I literally threw the mascara in my beach bag and got in my car. The next morning I found it, and decided to give it a try. It went on smoothly, and without clumps. One coat gave a nice, natural, yet eye-opening look. I put this mascara to the test! It was 95 plus degrees, a ton of humidity, and I was in and out of the water all day. I was drying off my face with a towel, and wiping off my eyes, totally forgetting that I had applied Weather Everything that morning. When I finally returned to my room to shower, I was stunned to see that my mascara still looked perfect! Not a single flake, clump or smudge! I was impressed! Then I got in the shower to wash my face. My lashes felt like little spikes. My usual makeup remover (Philosophy Purity), which usually removes every trace of m/u, was not making a budge in my mascara. When I got out of the shower, I tried some Lancome Bi-Facial eye makeup remover. It took a lot of rubbing, but I finally removed most of the Weather Everything mascara (and several eyelashes!). The next morning, when I looked in the mirror, I was shocked to see some of the mascara still on my lashes...still not smudged, flaking or clumped! In summary...excellent waterproof mascara, that it a bit drying to the lashes and very difficult to remove.