Bare Escentuals Weather Everything Waterproof Mascara

Bare Escentuals Weather Everything Waterproof Mascara

3.2

on 10/2/2009 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

meh.. I bought this along with the Shiseido and the BB mascaras -- I tend to do marathon shopping and then stop for a breather. I was told that this mascara will hold my curl even in my swimming class and I have tried it for that very purpose.

It passed the test -- I at least look like I have a few lashes while in the pool but it is hard to remove otherwise. I have to use several pads of Bifacil to get it off at night and frankly, it leaves my lashes a bit stiff.

Not bad.. just not great.

Won't purchase it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Made my lashes crunchy - PLUS it is a B**** to take off at the end of the day. No thanks.

on 1/3/2007 4:58:00 AM

This stuff is horrible. The best thing I can say about it is that it darkened my lashes. Sort of. I suppose it does stay on, but why on earth would you want it to? It doesn't lengthen, doesn't separate, doesn't thicken, but it did make my lashes feel unusually crispy. And it's a pain in the you know what to get off. I threw it in the garbage after the last use. I'm usually a big fan of bare escentuals, but they need to work on their mascaras.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i normally HATE waterproof mascaras and didn't even want to try this when i got it with my kit, but i thought what the hell, and i'm glad i did!! I LOVE THIS!!! this mascara doesn't smudge or run and it keeps the curl in my lashes!! i will definitely repurchase!!

*i use Clinique's Take the Day off for lips, lids, and lashes to take it off.

I received the Weather Everything Waterproof Mascara in the latest Bare Escentuals kit I purchased. I don't typically use waterproof mascaras, as they are hard to remove and I don't like to tug at my eyes. But, I usually like BE items and I did like their regular mascara - so I tried this today.
Weather Everything is a brand new mascara offering from BE, and seems to only be available right now via kits. It is a fairly wet formula, but not so much so that you will get it all over when you blink. The first coat gave me decent volume but not a lot of length, so I put on a second coat. The second coat did give me more length, and also increased the volume without clumping. I was impressed with the non-clumping factor when I then attempted to add a third coat. I found if I held the wand vertically I could lengthen a couple of my outer lashes without ruining the rest of the lashes (I like the doe-eyed look). The verdict is out on flaking at this point, because I have only had it on for three hours, but I like the look very much. It's not glam, but since you can add coats without clumping I think you can make it more dramatic if you work at it. All in all, I am quite happy with this mascara and would purchase it again if it was available as a single. I hope BE offers this in interesting colors like Auburn, Peacock etc. which they have in their regular mascara formula. I think they may be onto something with their first foray into the waterproof arena. Nice work, BE!Edited to say: OK, no flaking, but it did smudge after about 9 hours. Not bad!! This is a little tough to remove though unless you use an eye makeup remover. Small price to pay for a WP mascara that doesn't smudge during the workday. continued >>