Bare Escentuals Weather Everything Waterproof Mascara

Bare Escentuals Weather Everything Waterproof Mascara

4.5

on 1/15/2008 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I Love this Mascara! Another 10 for BE. The first time I used this it didn't seem to give off a look for me. It seemed to not build on my lashes like a dollar store mascara. But after reading a couple reviews I realized that the trick was to use lots of quick strokes from the base of lashes to the ends (especially working at the base). Then I use eyelash curler to set the curl. I know all this seems like to much but it is worth it for me because I have eye allergies especially in my right eye and regular mascaras irritate my eye. Even though other mascaras claim to be waterproof, they eventually do start to run after so much water touches the lashes. I used to use Covergirl Fantastic Lash Waterproof, then Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof, and sometimes Maybelline Full and Soft Waterproof. All these claimed to be WATERPROOF but after the day goes on by it starts to smudge and your lashes start to feel like goo! To my surprise BE WE Mascara stays on even if water is on them (And your lashes are safe to touch. No matter how much you touch or rub the the mascara does not come off and your lashes don't clump together). I grabbed my lashes and picked up my eye lid and the mascara still didn't budge. I even did a go to sleep in it test. And to my surprise once again, when I woke up the next morning, the mascara was still on my lashes but not with a goo look or feel like the other brands (it looked sooo natural). I even too a warm towel and vigorously kept rubbing to remove the mascara but it did not come off (and it was not gooey or clumpy, it looked like real dark lashes). I was jokingly like, maybe I only have to put on mascara once a week now. But in all seriousness, to remove the mascara you would definitely have to use eye makeup remover.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I recieved this mascara as a part of a set & I decided to take it on vacation with me. Boy, am I glad I did!

I was able to apply the mascara without wiping the excess of the brush first (which I have to do with almost every mascara I use!).... The mascara applied evenly, without clumps, and I was able to apply two layers without using a comb to seperate. I have black lashes to begin with, and this formula made them darker and more defined. I was able to achieve volume, length, definition (even on outer lashes - a 1st for me - other mascara's smudge), and it all remained clump-free & held the curl very well. As for being waterproof - it did hold up in a rainshower with no problems!

I am seriously considering bumping my L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof off of my HG list & replacing it with this gem from BE. continued >>