Bare Escentuals Weather Everything Waterproof Mascara

Bare Escentuals Weather Everything Waterproof Mascara

3.5

I received the Weather Everything Waterproof Mascara in the latest Bare Escentuals kit I purchased. I don't typically use waterproof mascaras, as they are hard to remove and I don't like to tug at my eyes. But, I usually like BE items and I did like their regular mascara - so I tried this today.
Weather Everything is a brand new mascara offering from BE, and seems to only be available right now via kits. It is a fairly wet formula, but not so much so that you will get it all over when you blink. The first coat gave me decent volume but not a lot of length, so I put on a second coat. The second coat did give me more length, and also increased the volume without clumping. I was impressed with the non-clumping factor when I then attempted to add a third coat. I found if I held the wand vertically I could lengthen a couple of my outer lashes without ruining the rest of the lashes (I like the doe-eyed look). The verdict is out on flaking at this point, because I have only had it on for three hours, but I like the look very much. It's not glam, but since you can add coats without clumping I think you can make it more dramatic if you work at it. All in all, I am quite happy with this mascara and would purchase it again if it was available as a single. I hope BE offers this in interesting colors like Auburn, Peacock etc. which they have in their regular mascara formula. I think they may be onto something with their first foray into the waterproof arena. Nice work, BE!Edited to say: OK, no flaking, but it did smudge after about 9 hours. Not bad!! This is a little tough to remove though unless you use an eye makeup remover. Small price to pay for a WP mascara that doesn't smudge during the workday. continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I recieved this mascara as a part of a set & I decided to take it on vacation with me. Boy, am I glad I did!

I was able to apply the mascara without wiping the excess of the brush first (which I have to do with almost every mascara I use!).... The mascara applied evenly, without clumps, and I was able to apply two layers without using a comb to seperate. I have black lashes to begin with, and this formula made them darker and more defined. I was able to achieve volume, length, definition (even on outer lashes - a 1st for me - other mascara's smudge), and it all remained clump-free & held the curl very well. As for being waterproof - it did hold up in a rainshower with no problems!

I am seriously considering bumping my L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof off of my HG list & replacing it with this gem from BE. continued >>

on 7/7/2006 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

First, let me say, I am not a regular user of waterproof mascaras. I find they dry out my lashes, and are difficult to remove at the end of the day. I find they come in handy when I will be working out, playing tennis or spending the day at the beach or pool, and do not want my mascara running. I received Weather Everything as part of a QVC kit. I was on my way to a beach vacation when the package arrived, so I literally threw the mascara in my beach bag and got in my car. The next morning I found it, and decided to give it a try. It went on smoothly, and without clumps. One coat gave a nice, natural, yet eye-opening look. I put this mascara to the test! It was 95 plus degrees, a ton of humidity, and I was in and out of the water all day. I was drying off my face with a towel, and wiping off my eyes, totally forgetting that I had applied Weather Everything that morning. When I finally returned to my room to shower, I was stunned to see that my mascara still looked perfect! Not a single flake, clump or smudge! I was impressed! Then I got in the shower to wash my face. My lashes felt like little spikes. My usual makeup remover (Philosophy Purity), which usually removes every trace of m/u, was not making a budge in my mascara. When I got out of the shower, I tried some Lancome Bi-Facial eye makeup remover. It took a lot of rubbing, but I finally removed most of the Weather Everything mascara (and several eyelashes!). The next morning, when I looked in the mirror, I was shocked to see some of the mascara still on my lashes...still not smudged, flaking or clumped! In summary...excellent waterproof mascara, that it a bit drying to the lashes and very difficult to remove.

on 7/16/2006 6:22:00 PM

I could not wait to do a review on this extradorinary mascara! Everytime I apply this I am just in awe! WOW!!! It seperates every lash in a deep rich black natural coat. There are black mascaras and then there is this! The color is "ORIGINAL," none like I have ever seen. It just makes your eyes POP! It reminds me of Pamela Anderson's lashes, only real! I always give my mascara the test of a side-view check. Sometimes a mascara looks great head-on, but, looks awful from the side, from all the flaking, crusty clumping and smudging. This gives you long, intense, whispy, beautiful lashes that stays put, no matter what event your life takes you to. There are two things I absolutely love from Bare Escentuals, and that is, Retro Eyeliner and Weather Everything AMAZING MASCARA! Both are HG beauty must-haves!

on 7/19/2006 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hate to be the lone dissenter here, but this is monumentally unimpressive. Seems waterproof enough, but does diddly for thickening the lashes. Lengthens a bit, but mostly just darkens them. I have yet to find a BE mascara I'm impressed with, and I'm a big BE fan...

on 7/27/2006 10:19:00 AM

This mascara really works for me!! I generally shy away from waterproof mascaras but I received this one in a QVC TSV and thought I'd give it a shot...I was pleasantly surprised. It lengthens and thickens my short lashes and is budge-proof and smudge-proof. I like the brush too, it really seems to hit all my lashes, even the tiny hidden ones. The only con, at least for me, is I have a difficult time removing it at the end of the day. I don't have any make-up remover on hand as I have never needed it but I think now's the time to purchase some. My regular facial cleanser just doesn't do a good job at getting this stuff off.

Eyes: Violet

This is truly the most W-A-T-E-R-P-R-O-O-F mascara I have ever used, and I have tried nearly every one from d/s to high end. It doesn't do much to thicken or lengthen my straight unremarkable lashes, but it does hold a curl very well and add a decent amount of color. Holding a curl is THE big thing with me. If a mascara wilts my lashes, in the recycle box it goes, so if for no other reason this one is a winner for that property alone. I will say it is fairly difficult to remove. I found I have to use my HG Lancme Bi Facil and Ponds cold cream both to effectively get all of this stuff off. I will definitely continue to use this unless I find my fantasy mascara - one that will add volume and length without clumping - AND hold curl. Haven't found it yet...

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i normally HATE waterproof mascaras and didn't even want to try this when i got it with my kit, but i thought what the hell, and i'm glad i did!! I LOVE THIS!!! this mascara doesn't smudge or run and it keeps the curl in my lashes!! i will definitely repurchase!!

*i use Clinique's Take the Day off for lips, lids, and lashes to take it off.

This mascara is a really good waterproof masacara. I use an eyelash curler, and then apply this mascara, and it holds the curl incredibly well for the whole day! I have never had a mascara hold the curl this well. I also noticed that this seems to dry really quickly, but if you apply another coat even when its dry (even a few hours later) it doesnt get freaky and spidery. This doesn't do a whole lot for thickening and lengthening with one or even 2 coats, but if you are willing to go for more coats, I'm sure you can get there with this mascara. I use Ponds cold cream to remove this(which by the way is amazing!) and it glides off.

on 9/24/2006 4:41:00 AM

This is the best mascara for my needs that I have ever used. I have two things that I have searched endlessly for in a mascara. That it looks great making my eyes look wonderful, but in a faily natural way-no endless coats and spider eyes for me- and that it not smear under my eyes. I have tried all types of waterproof mascara in all price ranges and they have all smeared. This one, to be honest, didn't completely wear like iron but it did hold up the best of any that I have ever tried and it went on like a dream giving me nice long dark natural looking lashes. I was shocked actually. I really didn't expect much and hoped only that it might possibly prove to be a good waterproof mascara. The way that it brushed on and looked was a genuine and wonderful surprise. I had never been a daily wearer of mascara because of the smear factor, but I might actually become one now since this makes me look like I have wonderful natural lashes. I don't know how this mascara does with multiple coats etc, but if you want lashes that look and wear like you were born with fantastic lashes, then this is definitely one you should try. I am really thrilled.