Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
 Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera GellyEnter TitleLily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly

4.7

Ingredients: Certified Organic Aloe Vera Barbadensis Juice (Gel), Lactobacillus/Arundinaria Gigantea Extract (Bamboo), Glucose (Preservative), Carbomer (Thickener), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Polysaccharides (Certified Organic Aloesorb), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) , Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Glucose Oxidase and Lactoperioxidase (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster)

This is a great aloe gel, it works well on my face (where others make it red and angry), works great for burns, acne and really light moisture. My only gripe with it, is I bought the bottle, and it was kind of difficult to squeeze.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great product! Been using for inflamed skin, acne scarring/pigmentation for years. Really helps bring down redness and irritation after waxing or applying an intense mask. Great for those with rosacea as well. Very affordable price.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This is seriously THE best product ever. I don't know how I found it, but I did. I was using a sephora sheet mask my friend was telling me about and it burned my face like hell. Thank Christ I had this because I rinsed my burning face with water and used at least half of the bottle all over my face. Within the next 15 minutes my skin was instantly cooled and didn't have the allergic reaction it was going to have if I didn't use this. Moral of the story is having this is like having bread in your house. It's a staple. Allergic reaction? You need this. Sunburn (which i had over the summer and this helped)? You need this. I kind of don't value this as much as I really should, but I will be using it again religiously as a facial moisturiser. Btw, if it is a tad bit drying, not too bad but mix a tsp of this with a few drops of any oil or use this over a serum and you won't ever need to buy a moisturiser again. ALSO i mixed this with my natural yet oily sunscreen and my skin is matte all day. I LOVE THIS STUFF SERIOUSLY.
- I forgot to mention that it's insanely cheap, the tube version is about $4 at my grocery store (don't go to whole foods it's too expensive) and it's worth it

on 8/18/2016 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using aloe vera for years. This summer, I have been using it more as a facial moisturizer since it's been hot and humid. Absorbs quickly and acts as a great base for sunscreen. I have normal skin that tends to become more dry in the winter so this does not cut it. I will use it all year round post-hair removal.

Aloe vera is absolutely fantastic for bug bites and sunburns. The mosquitoes love me so after I get bit, I slather aloe on, and it calms the redness and itching right away. It speeds up healing time too.

This is my favourite brand of aloe vera. I also use the Fruit of the Earth brand since it is cheap and readily available at Wal-Mart. The main difference find between the two is that immediately after putting the Fruit of the Earth on my face, I have to keep my eyes closed briefly since the cooling sensation tends to sting around my eye area. This does not happen with Lily of the Valley much if at all. Other than that, I think both are mostly the same in other areas. I'll use Lily more on my face and repurchase it for that.

Great product that is an HG for me in many ways.

good stuff

on 1/20/2015 12:14:00 AM

Last week I had a very bad acne/rash reaction to a `higher end` brand. My skin was going crazy, blemishes, rash, redness under the skin`s surface. The next day got worse. I panicked and looked up how to naturally treat rashes and acne. Aloe came up a lot. I ran to Whole Foods and got the cheapest (?) brand, Lily of the D, thinking that `I have had tried aloe a long time ago and didn`t do much just disappeared in my skin`, so to be honest I didn`t wanna spend too much IF it didn`t work out. I also got a tea tree cleanser in a blemish kit. Anyway I ran home and put this on my face, later again, and OMG, my redness was calmed down a lot, my skin felt like `ooooh, thank you!`. Now, 2 days later my skin is almost completely clear! I can`t believe this, but yes, my skin is poreless, beautil, feels and looks healthy. I am amazed by this product! Not only I will use this for any acne or redness, but I will use this only and a cleanser, toner. Unlike the aloe I tried years ago, THIS brand is much better, it made a difference in my skin immediately and it is moisturizing enough, to a point that I don`t need a moisturizer... Under $5, and it worked (works) like a miracle. :-)))

A good aloe vera choice for those who do not want added fragrance or color. A note though: this contains ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) and hyaluranic acid (not sure about spelling) Both used as natural preservatives; however, for those familiar with antioxidants and anti-aging ingredients, Vitamin C and hyaluranic acid are the main components to fighting off free radical change and plumping the skin. Both are great for your skin. This aloe packs a double punch with natural aloe as well as a natural preservative that fights off aging. Highly recommended.

on 5/29/2013 1:18:00 AM

Makes my skin incredibly soft and keeps oil away for most of the day, after using it for a month the fine lines on my forehead have disappeared

on 10/1/2011 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This is MUCH better than the old gel, much more gentle. I guess they changed something. I love this. My skin is going crazy, and If I don't put this on it is very uncomfortable. This helps my face stay matte for longer, its soothing, protects my skin from the wind, helps heal my rashes, I think its even helping with acne. LOVE IT.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have the new formula. I bought it just in case I needed it for a sunburn, but with this summer's heat waves, my usual "light" night cream was too greasy. I figured I'd try replacing my night cream with this stuff and I swear it's changed my life. Keeps my skin matte but hydrated and has definitely, definitely, cleared up some spots. I'll never be without this again. I don't think it's right for winter use if you get dry that time of year (as I do), but it's the best thing to happen to my summer skincare regime since sticking ice cubes down my shirt. It's thin, so it spreads evenly, meaning you don't need to use a whole lot, so it's great value. Just be wary of the squeeze tube -- it wants to let out more than you actually need.