Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
 Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera GellyEnter TitleLily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly

Ingredients: Certified Organic Aloe Vera Barbadensis Juice (Gel), Lactobacillus/Arundinaria Gigantea Extract (Bamboo), Glucose (Preservative), Carbomer (Thickener), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Polysaccharides (Certified Organic Aloesorb), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) , Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Glucose Oxidase and Lactoperioxidase (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster)

on 10/11/2016 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My favorite brand of aloe gel. It's aloe with not much else added, especially no funny fragrance. I like the tube packaging and it is widely available at a reasonable price at health food stores. I will be repurchasing as long as they make it.

on 10/1/2011 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This is MUCH better than the old gel, much more gentle. I guess they changed something. I love this. My skin is going crazy, and If I don't put this on it is very uncomfortable. This helps my face stay matte for longer, its soothing, protects my skin from the wind, helps heal my rashes, I think its even helping with acne. LOVE IT.

on 7/7/2011 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

FYI - the ingredients for this product have changed. It no longer has silicone and isn't completely clear anymore. Personally, I love the change in formula. I find it to be more soothing and moisturizing. Its a great basic skin treatment for irritation, and works a light moisturizer. I mix it in with my hair gel, and I get wonderful definition for my curls, and have even used it alone on my hair in a pinch.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This seems to fade my acne scars lightly. Not in a crazy fast way though. I'v heard that using it straight from an aloe vera plant works way better though. haven't tried that yet.

on 5/12/2010 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I LOVED the first tube that I bought of this. And then they changed the formulation. My "new" tube (purchased several months ago) has a funny smell to it, almost like yogurt. hmm...
I don't get sunburned very often, and so my primary use of this is on my face to soothe my sensitive, irritable skin, especially after using a scrub or face mask. However, I found that the new formulation only made my skin more red and irritated. So then I looked at the ingredients... this gelly has all kinds of things in it that aren't aloe, and it's not less than 1% as I was led to believe by the front of the bottle: 99% of the ingredients are "natural," which does not have a standard definition in the cosmetics industry. I'm sure this would be a lovely product just for sunburns (how I intend to use it from now on) or for those with less sensitive skin, but it just didn't really work for me the way I wanted it to. Off to find an aloe gel that won't burn my skin!

I use this aloe vera gelly as an eyeshadow primer (yes!) and I still cant get over how well it works. When I first apply it on my eyelids, it feels very sticky and wet, but it dries in a matter of seconds and then I apply my e/s & liner. Considering that 99% of this product consists of pure organically grown aloe vera, it feels safer for my eyes... It's also a cheap solution but works just as well and even better than some primers I tried!

I also make my own moisturizer using this gelly as a thickener, mixed with favourite plant- and essential oils. Basically it's the only moisturizer that won't make my skin overreact. It acts very soothing and cooling. I make enough for 1-2 weeks, so it's always fresh and keep the gel in a mini plastic container.

Yes, LotD changed the ingredients recently, and I prefer the older version, but a whole 99% of aloe vera juice is still good enough for me. I have also tried aloeonline.se's Jelly, which contains 99,6% aloe vera, and works just as good, but I prefer Lily of the Desert because it's labeled organic.
This is definitely one of my HG must-have beauty products. continued >>

on 2/22/2009 12:57:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I thought this would be nice as a light face moisturizer, but I don't feel that it moisturizes and is just like putting water on my face. I bet it would be great for sunburns, though. I bought my tube last July (2008) and the expiration date on it is this July (2009), so that's kind of annoying that it seems like the shelf life is not very long.

My tube has different ingredients on it than the ones that are listed previously. Maybe they changed them recently.

Ingredients:

Certified Organic Aloe Vera Gel, PEG-33 (and) PEG-8 Dimethicone (and) PEG-14, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A),
Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Acrylates/C10-20 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Butylene Glycol (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol (and) Sorbic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide.