Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly

Filtered by hair type : Straight
 Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera GellyEnter TitleLily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly

4.6

Ingredients: Certified Organic Aloe Vera Barbadensis Juice (Gel), Lactobacillus/Arundinaria Gigantea Extract (Bamboo), Glucose (Preservative), Carbomer (Thickener), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Polysaccharides (Certified Organic Aloesorb), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) , Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Glucose Oxidase and Lactoperioxidase (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great product! Been using for inflamed skin, acne scarring/pigmentation for years. Really helps bring down redness and irritation after waxing or applying an intense mask. Great for those with rosacea as well. Very affordable price.

on 8/18/2016 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using aloe vera for years. This summer, I have been using it more as a facial moisturizer since it's been hot and humid. Absorbs quickly and acts as a great base for sunscreen. I have normal skin that tends to become more dry in the winter so this does not cut it. I will use it all year round post-hair removal.

Aloe vera is absolutely fantastic for bug bites and sunburns. The mosquitoes love me so after I get bit, I slather aloe on, and it calms the redness and itching right away. It speeds up healing time too.

This is my favourite brand of aloe vera. I also use the Fruit of the Earth brand since it is cheap and readily available at Wal-Mart. The main difference find between the two is that immediately after putting the Fruit of the Earth on my face, I have to keep my eyes closed briefly since the cooling sensation tends to sting around my eye area. This does not happen with Lily of the Valley much if at all. Other than that, I think both are mostly the same in other areas. I'll use Lily more on my face and repurchase it for that.

Great product that is an HG for me in many ways.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is great as a moisturizer/primer. You can even use it on cuts or sunburned skin, like it says on the back. I've used it everyday for the past few weeks, and I really think it's helped my acne and my skin looks a lot better, so I recommended it to my brother, and it's helped his skin, too. Great product, great value. :)
EDIT: After a few months, I've really noticed a difference. I used to have a pretty big acne scar on my forehead, but now it's almost gone! My acne is significantly better. I'm really happy. :)

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I bought this for a trip to Hawaii since I heard that aloe helps to soothe sunburns, I sunburn really easily so I thought it'd be a good idea for me to pick one up. I have to say that for the price (around $5.99 CAD) it was quite a good deal. It didn't irritate my skin, was moisturizing and had a very soothing quality to it. I also enjoyed the cooling sensation it left on my skin.

Only two downsides for me: First the scent- it smells a bit plastic-like and synthetic to me, in a very strong way. Secondly, it didn't sink into my skin very well, I would wake up the next morning with some of it still splattered here and there.

Overall, it was alright but I prefer Burt's Bees "Aloe & Linden Flower After Sun Soother" as it had a more pleasant scent and sunk into my skin more easily.

Ingredients: Certified Organic Aloe Vera Barbadensis Juice (Gel), Lacctobacillus/Arundinaria Gigantea Extract (Bamboo), Glucose (Preservative), Carbomer (Thickener), Aloe Barbedensis Leaf Polysaccharides (Certified Organic Aloesorb), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster)

on 10/12/2006 1:41:00 AM

Overall, I like this stuff a lot. It makes for a light moisturizer, is free of random chemicals, has no scent, absorbs quickly, makes my combination skin feel smooth but not taut or uncomfortable, and somehow leaves a semi-matte finish. No miracles insofar as my skin is concerned, but it hasn't dried it out or done anything bad either. You also get quite a lot in the tube and it's a handy little multi-purpose item. I would definitely repurchase.