Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly

Filtered by skin type : Dry
 Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera GellyEnter TitleLily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly

3.8

Ingredients: Certified Organic Aloe Vera Barbadensis Juice (Gel), Lactobacillus/Arundinaria Gigantea Extract (Bamboo), Glucose (Preservative), Carbomer (Thickener), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Polysaccharides (Certified Organic Aloesorb), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) , Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Glucose Oxidase and Lactoperioxidase (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster)

on 10/11/2016 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My favorite brand of aloe gel. It's aloe with not much else added, especially no funny fragrance. I like the tube packaging and it is widely available at a reasonable price at health food stores. I will be repurchasing as long as they make it.

on 8/18/2016 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using aloe vera for years. This summer, I have been using it more as a facial moisturizer since it's been hot and humid. Absorbs quickly and acts as a great base for sunscreen. I have normal skin that tends to become more dry in the winter so this does not cut it. I will use it all year round post-hair removal.

Aloe vera is absolutely fantastic for bug bites and sunburns. The mosquitoes love me so after I get bit, I slather aloe on, and it calms the redness and itching right away. It speeds up healing time too.

This is my favourite brand of aloe vera. I also use the Fruit of the Earth brand since it is cheap and readily available at Wal-Mart. The main difference find between the two is that immediately after putting the Fruit of the Earth on my face, I have to keep my eyes closed briefly since the cooling sensation tends to sting around my eye area. This does not happen with Lily of the Valley much if at all. Other than that, I think both are mostly the same in other areas. I'll use Lily more on my face and repurchase it for that.

Great product that is an HG for me in many ways.

on 9/6/2010 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Natural does not always translates into something good for you. This dries over time and I don't need anything that will dry me out further, especially since I'm using it to sooth a sunburn. I tried Lily of the Desert Aloe during our vacation at the shore and while it cooled and soothed on contact, it was drying and itchy once it absorbed into the skin. I put it on my face after I healed but still the same dry tightness and I used other Aloe Vera products without ill effects. Perhaps the concentration of "pure" aloe is not working for me but to the trash it went.

on 5/12/2010 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I LOVED the first tube that I bought of this. And then they changed the formulation. My "new" tube (purchased several months ago) has a funny smell to it, almost like yogurt. hmm...
I don't get sunburned very often, and so my primary use of this is on my face to soothe my sensitive, irritable skin, especially after using a scrub or face mask. However, I found that the new formulation only made my skin more red and irritated. So then I looked at the ingredients... this gelly has all kinds of things in it that aren't aloe, and it's not less than 1% as I was led to believe by the front of the bottle: 99% of the ingredients are "natural," which does not have a standard definition in the cosmetics industry. I'm sure this would be a lovely product just for sunburns (how I intend to use it from now on) or for those with less sensitive skin, but it just didn't really work for me the way I wanted it to. Off to find an aloe gel that won't burn my skin!