Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gelly

Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gelly
Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera GellyEnter Title

4.5

Ingredients: Certified Organic Aloe Vera Barbadensis Juice (Gel), Lactobacillus/Arundinaria Gigantea Extract (Bamboo), Glucose (Preservative), Carbomer (Thickener), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Polysaccharides (Certified Organic Aloesorb), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) , Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Glucose Oxidase and Lactoperioxidase (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This is seriously THE best product ever. I don't know how I found it, but I did. I was using a sephora sheet mask my friend was telling me about and it burned my face like hell. Thank Christ I had this because I rinsed my burning face with water and used at least half of the bottle all over my face. Within the next 15 minutes my skin was instantly cooled and didn't have the allergic reaction it was going to have if I didn't use this. Moral of the story is having this is like having bread in your house. It's a staple. Allergic reaction? You need this. Sunburn (which i had over the summer and this helped)? You need this. I kind of don't value this as much as I really should, but I will be using it again religiously as a facial moisturiser. Btw, if it is a tad bit drying, not too bad but mix a tsp of this with a few drops of any oil or use this over a serum and you won't ever need to buy a moisturiser again. ALSO i mixed this with my natural yet oily sunscreen and my skin is matte all day. I LOVE THIS STUFF SERIOUSLY.
- I forgot to mention that it's insanely cheap, the tube version is about $4 at my grocery store (don't go to whole foods it's too expensive) and it's worth it

on 10/11/2016 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My favorite brand of aloe gel. It's aloe with not much else added, especially no funny fragrance. I like the tube packaging and it is widely available at a reasonable price at health food stores. I will be repurchasing as long as they make it.

on 8/18/2016 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using aloe vera for years. This summer, I have been using it more as a facial moisturizer since it's been hot and humid. Absorbs quickly and acts as a great base for sunscreen. I have normal skin that tends to become more dry in the winter so this does not cut it. I will use it all year round post-hair removal.

Aloe vera is absolutely fantastic for bug bites and sunburns. The mosquitoes love me so after I get bit, I slather aloe on, and it calms the redness and itching right away. It speeds up healing time too.

This is my favourite brand of aloe vera. I also use the Fruit of the Earth brand since it is cheap and readily available at Wal-Mart. The main difference find between the two is that immediately after putting the Fruit of the Earth on my face, I have to keep my eyes closed briefly since the cooling sensation tends to sting around my eye area. This does not happen with Lily of the Valley much if at all. Other than that, I think both are mostly the same in other areas. I'll use Lily more on my face and repurchase it for that.

Great product that is an HG for me in many ways.

on 1/20/2015 12:14:00 AM

Last week I had a very bad acne/rash reaction to a `higher end` brand. My skin was going crazy, blemishes, rash, redness under the skin`s surface. The next day got worse. I panicked and looked up how to naturally treat rashes and acne. Aloe came up a lot. I ran to Whole Foods and got the cheapest (?) brand, Lily of the D, thinking that `I have had tried aloe a long time ago and didn`t do much just disappeared in my skin`, so to be honest I didn`t wanna spend too much IF it didn`t work out. I also got a tea tree cleanser in a blemish kit. Anyway I ran home and put this on my face, later again, and OMG, my redness was calmed down a lot, my skin felt like `ooooh, thank you!`. Now, 2 days later my skin is almost completely clear! I can`t believe this, but yes, my skin is poreless, beautil, feels and looks healthy. I am amazed by this product! Not only I will use this for any acne or redness, but I will use this only and a cleanser, toner. Unlike the aloe I tried years ago, THIS brand is much better, it made a difference in my skin immediately and it is moisturizing enough, to a point that I don`t need a moisturizer... Under $5, and it worked (works) like a miracle. :-)))

on 11/27/2013 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've gone through one tube of Lily of the Desert aloe vera gelly and am now working on my second. This is a great product for acne prone skin types. I use it morning and night under my ss/moisturizer. It really helps heal any blemishes I have faster. AND it does not clog my pores one bit or cause breakouts!

good stuff

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This product has become an all-time staple in my beauty regimen. The version that I currently have is of the 2013 (new version) that just came out. I have multiples of the 12 oz. version that I plan to use up and then continue to buy more of.

Here's the current ingredient listing for the new formula (comes with yellow packaging around bottle):

Organic Aloe Vera Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Gel), Carbomer (Thickener), Certified Organic Aloe Leaf Juice (Gel) Concentrate, Organic Aloe Vera Barbadensis Leaf Pollysaccharides (Aloesorb), Tocopheryl Acerate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Disodium EDTA (Preservative), Capryl Glycol (Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Sorbic Acid (Preservative)

I have very sensitive skin. Which is why, I prefer to use products on both my head and body that do not contain added fragrance to them. And, unlike a lot of other aloe vera gels sold on the market, this one doesn't contain any added fragrance to it at all.

It has no real distinct odor to it. It contains no parabens, no artificial coloring, and no animal testing. And, it is totally non-greasy as well.

I am able to use this product in a multitude of ways: as a styling gel, on burns, on insect bites, on rashes, on cuts, etc. The cost of this product for me was relatively cheap (less than $7 a bottle w/o shipping). And, I highly recommend this product to everyone out there (whether you have sensitive skin or not).

I used to use Fruit of the Earth's 100% Aloe Vera Gel. However, the aloe vera in it is not listed as being certified organic. And, it doesn't have any moisturizing properties to it at all. Instead, I do find it to be on the drying side. But, because it's readily available in Wal-Mart and such, that's one of the main reasons why I have stuck with for years. But, since I started using Lily of the Desert's Aloe Vera Jelly, I don't ever plan to go back to using Fruit of the Earth again.

on 5/29/2013 1:18:00 AM

Makes my skin incredibly soft and keeps oil away for most of the day, after using it for a month the fine lines on my forehead have disappeared

A good aloe vera choice for those who do not want added fragrance or color. A note though: this contains ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) and hyaluranic acid (not sure about spelling) Both used as natural preservatives; however, for those familiar with antioxidants and anti-aging ingredients, Vitamin C and hyaluranic acid are the main components to fighting off free radical change and plumping the skin. Both are great for your skin. This aloe packs a double punch with natural aloe as well as a natural preservative that fights off aging. Highly recommended.

on 6/30/2013 10:30:00 AM

In the morning, after massaging in some grapeseed oil and blotting any excess, I've been smoothing a layer of lily of the desert aloe over my face--not rubbing it in--and letting it dry before applying mineral makeup. It's the best primer I've found so far, makes my skin look/feel dewy and smooth, and does not seem to promote shine. I have oil-prone skin, and even walking around at midday yesterday in the hot and humid June weather, shine was at a minimum. It also soothes any seriously inflamed acne, which is helpful in forgetting about it and living your life (read: NOT touching it). I would recommend using it over a light oil or other moisturizer, because it can feel a little drying otherwise. Also been using it at night over a neem/rosehip seed oil combo and wake up with soft, smooth skin.

Edit: forgot to add that the important detail that this has made me break out zero much.