Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly

Filtered by age: 36-43
 Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera GellyEnter TitleLily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly

Ingredients: Certified Organic Aloe Vera Barbadensis Juice (Gel), Lactobacillus/Arundinaria Gigantea Extract (Bamboo), Glucose (Preservative), Carbomer (Thickener), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Polysaccharides (Certified Organic Aloesorb), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) , Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Glucose Oxidase and Lactoperioxidase (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster)

on 10/11/2016 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My favorite brand of aloe gel. It's aloe with not much else added, especially no funny fragrance. I like the tube packaging and it is widely available at a reasonable price at health food stores. I will be repurchasing as long as they make it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This product has become an all-time staple in my beauty regimen. The version that I currently have is of the 2013 (new version) that just came out. I have multiples of the 12 oz. version that I plan to use up and then continue to buy more of.

Here's the current ingredient listing for the new formula (comes with yellow packaging around bottle):

Organic Aloe Vera Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Gel), Carbomer (Thickener), Certified Organic Aloe Leaf Juice (Gel) Concentrate, Organic Aloe Vera Barbadensis Leaf Pollysaccharides (Aloesorb), Tocopheryl Acerate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Disodium EDTA (Preservative), Capryl Glycol (Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Sorbic Acid (Preservative)

I have very sensitive skin. Which is why, I prefer to use products on both my head and body that do not contain added fragrance to them. And, unlike a lot of other aloe vera gels sold on the market, this one doesn't contain any added fragrance to it at all.

It has no real distinct odor to it. It contains no parabens, no artificial coloring, and no animal testing. And, it is totally non-greasy as well.

I am able to use this product in a multitude of ways: as a styling gel, on burns, on insect bites, on rashes, on cuts, etc. The cost of this product for me was relatively cheap (less than $7 a bottle w/o shipping). And, I highly recommend this product to everyone out there (whether you have sensitive skin or not).

I used to use Fruit of the Earth's 100% Aloe Vera Gel. However, the aloe vera in it is not listed as being certified organic. And, it doesn't have any moisturizing properties to it at all. Instead, I do find it to be on the drying side. But, because it's readily available in Wal-Mart and such, that's one of the main reasons why I have stuck with for years. But, since I started using Lily of the Desert's Aloe Vera Jelly, I don't ever plan to go back to using Fruit of the Earth again.

I've been using this product for a year now, and I love it. It really does soothe the skin. In the winter however I find that this product is not moisturizing enough, so I just mix it with a drop of olive oil, and a little Eucerin. I love the fact that it contains anti-oxidants (vitamins A, C, and E).