Lancome Lancome Pure Focus Toner

Lancome Lancome Pure Focus Toner
Lancome Pure Focus Toner

3.3

Water . Alcohol Denat . Glycerin . Butylene Glycol . PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor OilSilica . Polymethyl Methacrylate . Salicylic Acid . Zinc Oxide . Menthoxypropanediol . Zinc Gluconate . Kaolin . Methylparaben . Fragrance.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I never imagined I would ever use such alcohol base toner in my life. But this summer in Canada Toronto, the heat was unbearable, and my supposed dehydrated dry skin was completely oily in summer. I read the so-so ingredient list and decide to give it a try. Unlike other alcohol base toner, this doesn't sting after I shaved my face, meaning although alcohol list in 2nd ingredient list, the overall % might be lower then I expected. The powdery feel isn't all that pleasant but it's bearable, and I do like the refreshing cucumber scent.

If you wear foundation, this doesn't hold your foundation long, it is however, better then some of the hydration toner in very humid summer time. This toner also contain BHA Salicylic Acid (not knowing how much %, probably under 1%). The rest short ingredient list are all chemicals. I'd say if you suffer from oily skin in summer, give it a try, but if you no longer have sweaty, oily skin, switch to other toner with better ingredients.

Overall for an alcohol base toner, this is an "okay" option, not the best, but certainly not the worse either. Price wise for it's very simple ingredient list this is still on an expensive side. (2017 june price $39CND). I might only repurchase during summer time!

Note: DO NOT completely take away the seal on the bottle... my trick is to open half of it, so you won't accidentally pour and waste too much product!!

on 10/14/2015 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is an average toner with too much alcohol, very drying and irritating. There are better toners out there that do a better job than this.

on 5/5/2015 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I have extremely oily skin and of course Ill try anything to keep my oil under under control. I like the smell of the toner, very fresh, does not irritate my skin. I use this with the Pure Focus lotion and I can really see a difference in when I get oily, I can make it through most of the day without turning into a grease ball which is nice. What I dont like about this is the opening of the bottle, I feel like its too big and dispenses too much product.

Can find something with the same result but cheaper.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for a new toner...I tried Clean and Clear and I had no positive results. So I decided to splurge a little and nabbed this toner with a discount, which is awesome. The bottle is really cute and gives off a refreshing look. The toner has a lot of powder, which is what controls the oil and creates a matte finish. Before use, you have to shake it. Not a big deal for me. A quick tip: It has a white seal when you get it covering the opening...DO NOT RIP THE WHOLE THING OFF. Just poke a hole in it with one blade of a pair of scissors. Trust me, you'll be glad you did. Even with the small hole I made, a lot still comes out. The product itself worked amazingly well for me. I don't use it everyday because it's SO expensive (I use Clinique's Exfoliating Lotion I believe it's called....about the same price..a little cheaper.. but you get way 20 times the amount.) and so I save it to use before applying makeup. It keeps my face matte and controls the oil amazingly well. It feels really refreshing and it does get makeup and gunk off your face. I wasn't a big fan of the scent...I usually love scented things and have a high tolerance...but I did not like the smell of this toner. It was really strong and gave me a headache. I docked one point because of the price tag and another because it has parabens. You'd think that the higher end brands would be better quality and omit stuff like that. I really loved this toner but I feel that cleansing products etc. should be free of them....therefore, I will be searching for a new toner in the meantime. Other than that, I would recommend this toner if you're willing to splurge a little.

on 1/20/2012 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

Meh, it's an okay product. I got it to help control oil and it does give a matte finish at first, but it doesn't last. It's gentle and smells good, but I don't really get a "wow" factor from this product. It's a bit expensive and you can get more bang for your buck with other toners.

I use a toner in the morning and at night. This is my morning one in hopes that it would help my face from getting oily midday at work. I would only recommend this toner in the morning as I do not think it would be effective at removing dirt/oil after a long day at work or school.

I didn't have any negative side effects such as breakouts or reactions, but I will not be repurchasing.

on 11/19/2011 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pro's:
- gives you a fresh feeling
- not irritating at all
- it mattifies very well
- doesn't dry out your skin (even during winter)
- also takes the last dirt off your face after cleansing
- standard bottle, but easy to use

Con's:
- the price, it's quite expensive for a toner
- (if it really is a con feature) you have to shake it before use

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I use the entire Pure Focus line and have had a miracle and dramatic change in my skin from using it. This toner for sure helps with controlling the oil on my face and I can actually wear my mu all day with out looking like an oil slick after a couple of hours. It contains SA which has helped control my acne prone skin. I highly recommend this line to anyone with super oily skin like myself. It has done wonders for me.

on 1/30/2011 6:34:00 PM

I love this toner. The mattifying powders are great and I do notice a more matte complexion. I find if you hold the cotton pad directly on the bottle and then tip it upside down rather than pouring it you don't waste any, and it is a lot easier- no mess. It doesn;t do much for acne alone but when using the pure focus exfoliance and the lotion as well I do notice a difference. Would reccomend to oily skin girls for sure.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is overall a decent toner and definitely mattifies the skin. I like that it has salicylic acid and it is effective in preventing breakouts. I dislike the packaging as it is very wasteful and prone to spills. I decanted it into a spray bottle and it has saved me a lot of product by spraying the toner on my cotton pad rather than pouring it. It's a little too drying for my combination skin in the winter but I'll try it out again in the summer to see if it will work better then. However, after I'm done this bottle, I won't be repurchasing since there are so many oil control toners with salicylic acid on the market for much lower price.