MAC Cosmetics Dig It eye kohl [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

4.5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Love it! I'm a hazel-eyed, cool-toned PPP and Dig It brings out my eye color without looking orange against my skintone or too dark. It's a 'just right' shade that opens my eyes up! Perfect with pinks, taupes, greys. I wish the texture was a bit smoother but it still goes on easy enough and lasts well throughout the day.

on 1/4/2006 11:47:00 AM

This is a silvery-taupe color, with a pearly (the shine is not really bold enough to be metallic) finish. I dig Dig It (dork) because it's silvery but not cool-toned, more neutral-leaning-away-from-cool, which works much better with my complexion (AAb). It's not very dark, but it shows up fine on me (PPP-MMM, depending on the time of the year)--it's really best as a way to subtly define your lower lashline. Something similar is Stila's Diamond Li'l eyeshadow used as a liner (though Dig It is subtler). The one thing I dislike is the texture. It is not quite as creamy as others I've tried (Tarnished, Teddy) and doesn't glide on as smoothly. Lasting power could also be better. Expensive at around 14 USD for a pencil, but useful if you like doing subtle, natural makeup.

on 10/27/2005 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can't believe that there was a time when I actually HATED this eye pencil! This sat with my stash for well over a year- unused (except for one time). I thought it was too light and shimmery, and regretted purchasing this pencil. Well, not anymore!I feel like I have rediscovered this kohl, and I am really lovin' it! Glad I didn't throw it away like alot of other eyepencils that didn't meet with my approval. (But then again... this one IS a MAC pencil, so it deserves a second chance.) :o) Glad I was feelin' forgiving! This pencil rocks! Better than MAC's Buttery, Heirloom, HandForged, and Gilded White for highlighting under the eye. Dig It! is a more natural color, and it blends well with alot of other darker eye pencils. I use this for under my eyes, with a darker color on the outer third corners. This one and Powersurge are my two fave eye kohls from MAC. Powersurge being more "gold," Dig It being more "silver." continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the PERFECT color to pair with this season's metallic neutral eyecolors. Not too light or too dark, this will add enough OOMPH to your lashline for a sultry summertime look. Easy to apply and blends without evaporating.

on 4/19/2005 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a great eye khol, it's so versatile. The colour is a slightly shimmery grey-taupe. I really like it for lining under my eyes, which is something I don't normally do. This gives just enough definition and thickness to the lower lashline without looking harsh or giving me an owl-round shape. Also, if you have a problem with runny eyeliner (I'm oily and use a lot of eye creme in the morning) for some reason this doesn't run underneath. It might be because the colour is so subtle as oppsed to black or brown, it doesn't notice. In any case, this is a lovely colour, brings out my eyes and works with many different eyeshadows. I especially like it with neutral pinks like Naked Lunch and Malt. Will re-buy this for sure. continued >>

Dig It reminds me of Chanel's Vega e/s. It is a greyish taupe that works well for blue eyes. It is a great color for daytime or nighttime looks. Like with all MAC kohls, once warmed up a bit it glides on smooth and stays all day.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Had a mini eye makeover at the MAC counter during autumn and I liked the overall effect so I bought some of the products including the Dig It! kohl the SA had used.
Then I tried using Dig It! myself several times during ensuing months and it always seemed deadening to my FFF NC30-40 green eyes coloring!
Suddenly we've plunged into sweltering hot summer weather here. After changing to my cooler looking silver bangles etc., I was searching my stash for an eyeliner that would not enhance my overheated look and feeling. Spied the greyish end of my Dig It! kohl pencil. Tried it out and immediately achieved the cool looking effect I was seeking. Have been wearing it every day since throughout this hot spell.
Amazing how useful this soft grey-taupe eyeliner has become for me in this hot weather.

on 12/29/2004 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I prefer this as an bottom of the eye lash liner, as on the top the shimmer is really intense and shiny, and to me it looks odd. I've tried it several times and always end up feeling the same about this. It's a pretty color, and since it's taupe it would probably work for many people!

on 12/29/2004 10:57:00 AM

I've recently rediscovered this silvery taupe eye khol somewhere in my stash. I love wearing it with light shimmery eyeshadows as it makes my eyes looked well-defined but does not make it look smaller. Perfect for that fresh and polished summer look.

on 12/12/2004 11:21:00 AM

I felt compelled to write a review on Dig It as I love it so much & needed to share. It is so versatile! It imparts such a soft, yet defined look to my blue-gray eyes esp. when used with purple, mauve, or blue-green eyeshadows -- better for daytime than a black liner. Texture is nice like all the MAC kohl liners. I definitely recommend this one & would certainly repurchase if I ever use it up (highly likely at this point!)