Everyday Minerals Free Sample Makeup Kit [DISCONTINUED/REPLACED]

Not tested on animals

Mica, Lauroyl Lysine. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 3/29/2011 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Agreed with TheShe. I love EDM, a long time user but I do wish they had the old system where you chose your own sample colors and formulas. I'm generally light olive but my color does change with the seasons and the new sample packs is of no use to me because I only use intensive. The color actually changes quite alot depending on the formula you choose so keep that in mind. I would recommend getting your free sample and adding a mini of the colors you want to try in your chosen formulas. The minis are only $2.50.

on 12/27/2010 5:06:00 AM

To the reviewer below: it's not back.
This listing is for their OLD sample kit, which included three foundation samples of your choice, plus one concealer and a face powder. The new kits are considerably less useful, in my opinion, since the customer doesn't get to customize which samples they get. As any EM user knows, the finish (glo/matte/semi-matte/intensive) makes a big difference when it comes to what shade works for you. If I had tried to find my shade under this new sample system, I would have given up way before I found one that worked.

Its back!! I just got mine in the mail today. You get 5 free sample pots so you can find the color that matches your skin tone. Its great they also give you each color in a different type of base so you can figure out which one suits your skin better. I think this is a great idea and really helpful if you are clueless and to what color to chose!
P.S. This beats Bare Minerals so far, better coverage, better price!

I have to second the previous reviewer. This kit was an excellent idea, such a shame they discontinued it! BRING IT BACK! I didn't quite manage to find my shade and formula before they d/c it, and i prob wouldn't bother trying, the way it works now. Right now,there's NO choice about what's in them , u can't just choose matte and intensive..they have to throw u original glo when u don't need it..it's like they're forcing some formulas and colors on u when u already wanna make more detailed choices. Dear Carina, do let EDM offer some choice in the new kits, before everyone else flocks to other equally good *if not better* brands like Meow, Fyrinnae etc. I'm already placing orders with Meow and Fyrinnae and looking at other options till i find my HG shade.

on 10/12/2009 8:19:00 AM

This kit was an excellent idea, such a shame they discontinued it! Luckily I'd managed to find my shade and formula before they did, but if I hadn't I probably wouldn't bother trying, the way it works now. There are free kits still, available when you place an order, but there's NO choice about what's in them and unfortunately they're worthless to me. I understand that it might have got too expensive to offer such a brilliant sample kit free, but why couldn't they at least offer some choice in their new kits?

My aunt sent me to get this kit because she loves EDM make up but the kit isn't available anymore. They have kits, but they pick the colors and finishes and none of the kits have the colors my aunt told me would work for me. I'm sad. I really wanted to try these.

on 8/17/2009 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

its soo great. EDM did good on this, they give you three choices of foundation to see which will match you! An its last very long, i got it in january, still havent ran out an it august!!

on 8/16/2009 7:30:00 PM

Love it! I was pleasently surprised by the generous sample amounts, awesome packaging and great products. Since they were free samples I was expecting them to come in plain simple zippie bags or something but instead they came in really cute little jars, like miniature versions of the real thing, that are perfect for travel and/or the purse. As for the products, I love them. The foundations give a very natural look, with light to medium coverage, go on smooth and feel great. The blush is richly pigmented and will last forver since only a tiny bit is needed for a great flush. Shipping was also super fast (7 business days to Canada).

How can anyone complain about a sample kit that is virtually free? For less than $1 each sample ($3+ for shipping) you can try 3 mineral foundations and 1 concealer that last 2-3 weeks each, 1 blush that feels like it's bottomless because all you need are a few grains. In fact, the blush is sooo pigmented that I tell people, if you can't count how many specks are on the lid, you will have too much on your brush.

Love love love. Perfect for travel too. I have big and little containers. The sample size is perfect for vacation unless you are going away for a month, then maybe you should take 2 containers of foundation. You don't have to worry about them cracking open and spilling everywhere. You can leave the big container at home. Definately give the samples a try, then you'll definately want the full size products.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I gave this a reasonable amount of time to try few months ago and I didn't realize it was the culprit behind the little red breakouts I got. I tried it again the other day and it gave me the same breakout. I only had it for at least 5 hours. I liked the finish on it but since it's breaking me out I can't use it. I wanted something light for the summer because my Revlon colorstay liquid foundation feels a bit heavy for summer... but I guess I'll have to suck it up.