MAC MAC Liquid Liner

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.0

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is so bad, I have no words to explain what rubbish this is. It's everything I hate in a liquid liner.

So I went to the Mac counter for the usual long lasting liquid eyeliner I love but the sales lady advised it was sold out. Being the optimist that I am I let her sell this to me.

I tried it the very next day, so this is where I start. The applicator does not pick up the the product, it applies very streaky on the lids. If you want uneven colour and tugging on your eye whilst swearing in frustration then this is for you. I struggled so hard to put this evenly and when I finally did I found out it didn't even last a normal winters work day. Pathetic, OMG I better stop typing i think I am going to kill my computer by slamming so hard on the keyboards!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Not a fan of this one. Hard to apply and not worth what you pay. I have it in the color boot black and I like the color but the consistency is not the best. Not easy to remove and it stings a bit on my sensitive skin. It might work if you have a really steady hand but i asked for a liquid eyeliner that was easy to apply and this isnt.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When I was looking for a new eyeliner that would stay put all day long, a lot of girls recommended the MAC Liquid Liner to me. It's true - this product has a great staying power and won't smudge - you can basically go for a swim without worrying about it. Unfortunately, this also makes it pretty hard to take it off, even with an oil-based makeup remover. Every evening when taking my eye makeup off this would cost me a few lashes. Which is pretty tragic if you're Asian and thus not blessed with the most voluminous set of lashes.
I really liked the color of this - a real deep black, not watery at all.
However, there were SO many things that annoyed me about this product! First of all, the consistency becomes kind of gooey after a really short time. After only a few weeks, it became so gooey, it became more and more difficult to use it to draw a precise line. Also, anytime I would use this eyeliner it basically glued my lashes together.

For this price, I expected a much better product and was really disappointed.

Gladly, I've found my absolute HG eyeliner now - the Kanebo Kate Super Sharp Eyeliner S which I wholeheartedly recommend.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Not a fan of this - mainly due to the applicator brush/tip thing - difficult to control/painful. It is incredibly stabby and is not conducive to an even fluid line. Also as someone else said previously, I found that to achieve an opaque black the line needed to be traced back and forth a few times...which just creates blobs anyway. Unless you feel the urge to own/use liquid, I would definitely recommend Mac's Fluidline in Blacktrack.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love MAC but i don't like this! I thought i was going to get my perfect liquid liner in this but no way!

The appplicator is terrible. It is way too stiff for my liking and so there is not much flexibility in application. It does last once its on but i found it a nightmare to get a nice medium smooth line and so this is not for me. I will probably end up giving this away.

**If you prefer a more flexible applicator then try Lancome Artliner as it is brilliant**

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this and hated it! Left it in my draw because I prefer to use L'oreal carbon gloss. However, I came back to it recently and what put me off in the first place was how hard the tip was but I find that the hardness provides straighter lines. The actual liner hasn't really got much on other brands but it doesn't flake and like I say you can do really good flicks etc. with it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

LOVE this product! I have it in boot black-I think that's the only color it comes in. It's kind of pricey but lasts a really long time doesn't dry out, burn my eyes, or smudge. I have sensitve eyes and other products I've tried make my eyes itch. It's easy to apply, not runny, doesn't fade at all. I work nights and it lasts from the time I put it on in the afternoon until the next morning when I get off work. Will continue to buy because I love the product why waste money on a cheaper product I don't like/can't use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Horrible product!! Not only is it EXTREMELY expensive, but it is so watery that you have a hard time keeping it from running down your face. It didn't stay on all day, came off in a few hours. It actually irritated my eyes. I'm a contact wearer and warn those who wear as well to be very catious when using this product. There are SO many other cheaper liners out there that work so much better. I have very oily lids and a liquid liner is pretty much the only thing that will stay throughout the day(8+)!! Just not this liquid liner!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm big fan of Lancome artliner, i've been using that for 3 years. Then i think i would give this product a try. I was very disappointed! After 5-7 hours, i have to wipe the weird flakes off, it would smear. It wore off quick and didn't last all day. So I'm using the Lancome artliner and Chanel automatic eyeliner now. The Chanel one is pretty good, too. But the Lancome artliner is the best :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This eyeliner was ok but definitely not worth $20.
I was surprised at how grayish it was. It had a nice brush and no smell but overall it was not any better than drugstore liquid liners.