MAC MAC Liquid Liner

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

2.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When I was looking for a new eyeliner that would stay put all day long, a lot of girls recommended the MAC Liquid Liner to me. It's true - this product has a great staying power and won't smudge - you can basically go for a swim without worrying about it. Unfortunately, this also makes it pretty hard to take it off, even with an oil-based makeup remover. Every evening when taking my eye makeup off this would cost me a few lashes. Which is pretty tragic if you're Asian and thus not blessed with the most voluminous set of lashes.
I really liked the color of this - a real deep black, not watery at all.
However, there were SO many things that annoyed me about this product! First of all, the consistency becomes kind of gooey after a really short time. After only a few weeks, it became so gooey, it became more and more difficult to use it to draw a precise line. Also, anytime I would use this eyeliner it basically glued my lashes together.

For this price, I expected a much better product and was really disappointed.

Gladly, I've found my absolute HG eyeliner now - the Kanebo Kate Super Sharp Eyeliner S which I wholeheartedly recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought three of these for I believe $30 a piece and I cannot tell you how unhappy I was. I had the worst break out of LIFE. I put it on over top my eye shadow and after 10 minutes I find myself clawing my eyes out then after I take it off my eyes swell to the point I cannot see... Horrible. Whatever is in it is very very horrible. * NOT SUGGESTED FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN OR ALLERGIES! *

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oh my god this eyeliner is horrible. The felt tip feels hard and I had to retrace the line over and over to get it dark. Also hard to get a thin line. It smudges like crazy throughout the entire day as if it never dries fully. Ever. The $1 E.l.f liquid liner from Target works better than this stuff. It sits in the back of my makeup drawer and I will probably never use it again. Very disappointed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this and hated it! Left it in my draw because I prefer to use L'oreal carbon gloss. However, I came back to it recently and what put me off in the first place was how hard the tip was but I find that the hardness provides straighter lines. The actual liner hasn't really got much on other brands but it doesn't flake and like I say you can do really good flicks etc. with it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Yay! I'm glad I wasn't swayed by the bad reviews. I love this stuff! Wore it twice so far- once for an 8 hour waitressing shift and the second time out shopping (was out all day long) and it didn't smudge! Pretty easy to apply (damn my shaky hands) but easy to fix before it dries if you make a mistake. Also, I know this is dumb, but I LOVE the container. It's just so pretty and classic looking. So happy that this works better than MAC's eye pencil, which was wayyy too smudgy and ended up below my eyes by the end of the day.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I got these liner years ago (Leatherette, dark drown and discontinued). I was looking to give it another try, but in Boot Black, hoping that they would have formulated it much better than the older version. After reading the reviews, I think I'll steer clear from this and try something much different. Looks like nothings changed about this product. I know for me, I loved it in the beginning, went on smooth (but smudged) and the color had a nice payoff. But after several uses, it started to dry out. That said, I won't be heading to the MAC counter to get this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am very pleased with this product.. Reasonable price,very very easy to apply, good perfomance, lasts for long time and it has the prettiest black ever. Not to mention the number of times i got stopped by ladies in malls, asking me from which liner i use...

This is very hard to apply. With a steady hand and eyebrush, you can achieve a nice look with this eyeliner. ( I have it in boot black.) If I had a choice, I would choose the fluidline over this.