MAC MAC Liquid Liner

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.6

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is so bad, I have no words to explain what rubbish this is. It's everything I hate in a liquid liner.

So I went to the Mac counter for the usual long lasting liquid eyeliner I love but the sales lady advised it was sold out. Being the optimist that I am I let her sell this to me.

I tried it the very next day, so this is where I start. The applicator does not pick up the the product, it applies very streaky on the lids. If you want uneven colour and tugging on your eye whilst swearing in frustration then this is for you. I struggled so hard to put this evenly and when I finally did I found out it didn't even last a normal winters work day. Pathetic, OMG I better stop typing i think I am going to kill my computer by slamming so hard on the keyboards!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I regularly use liquid or gel black eyeliner and this product has been the best one I have used so far. I have tried several other similar products but personally I find that none of them are of the same quality as this one. Whereas the other products I've used (can't remember their names at the moment) apply like dried out whiteboard markers and make shaky, semi-opaque lines that peel off and run throughout the day, this one applies thickly with a solid, dark pigment and stays on the skin throughout the day. The product also generally does not run out for a while--however I wouldn't say it lasts forever, either. The brush tip makes it difficult to apply (especially when doing winged eyeliner) but I prefer it to other marker or felt tip eyeliners since I find it offers more precision. With practice it becomes easy and natural, and this is definitely one of my favourite makeup products that I usually don't leave the house without.

I'd like to start off by saying that when it comes to liquid liners I am very picky! The first time I applies this liner I thought I wasn't going to like it because it went on sheer and I had to apply two layers. It's turns out I didn't shake the bottle. I did so for my second eye and the color was as black as can be. It was beautiful! This formula is thin (like most liquid liners) and dries to a matte which I love. The applicator is a pointy felt tip which I prefer as well. I did not have any allergic reactions or smudging issues. I actually really like ths product and have been using it every time I want a bold liner look.

Thought I'd give the MAC liner a go as I fancied a change from using the Loreal one.
Its ...OK... , but cant say I've been converted or think its worth the extra money tbh.
It's pretty easy to apply but the colour smudges easily, and when doing a winged liner look it wears off at the corners quickly so you need to reapply. Also as its only a tiny applicator tip you need to keep re-dipping it into the product when applying.
I usually love MAC so I'm a bit disappointed - just goes to show that some products are worth paying extra for and some just arent!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Not a fan of this - mainly due to the applicator brush/tip thing - difficult to control/painful. It is incredibly stabby and is not conducive to an even fluid line. Also as someone else said previously, I found that to achieve an opaque black the line needed to be traced back and forth a few times...which just creates blobs anyway. Unless you feel the urge to own/use liquid, I would definitely recommend Mac's Fluidline in Blacktrack.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was completely disappointed with this eyeliner. This came as quite a shock to me as I love most of MAC's makeup that I try. Unfortunately, this product was awful. I had to go over the line several times to build the color. The tip was not that bad, the formula was quite watery. Might try another Mac liner, but this I would not reccomend to anyone.

When I first bought this liner I wasn't too impressed as I was using the Prestige liquid liner before hand and much preferred that one. It needs layering to get the colour right otherwise it just looks a bit watery. The staying power is good and also doesn't sting my eyes, I don't think I will repurchase as I can get much better ones for a fraction of the price. I think the best thing about this product is the packaging, simple & compact.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love MAC but i don't like this! I thought i was going to get my perfect liquid liner in this but no way!

The appplicator is terrible. It is way too stiff for my liking and so there is not much flexibility in application. It does last once its on but i found it a nightmare to get a nice medium smooth line and so this is not for me. I will probably end up giving this away.

**If you prefer a more flexible applicator then try Lancome Artliner as it is brilliant**

One of the better eyeliner around. I wear it to work everyday from 8 to 5 and I would have to say the smudging doesn't start till 4? Although I think it's highly due to my oily eyes more than anything else. Would definitely buy again and again till I can find a much better one easy application and I've received so many compliments wearing it.

My best friend bought this for me...and I do love it, although I wish the applicator were smaller. It's great for thin or a winged eyeliner look, but to get really precise, I suppose I will have to learn how to use the flat eyeliner brush. Will repurchase, as this works better than any other liquid liner I've tried.