MAC MAC Liquid Liner

Filtered by skin type : Other

2.9

I normally love MAC, but this eyeliner is not good, mostly because the packaging is poorly designed. The liquid liner is so thick that it kind of gushes up out of the tube when you re-insert the brush. The result are clumps of black eyeliner around the edge of the opening. It gets on your fingers and your clothes- I've had to change my top more than once.

If you can manage to get this product on your eyelid, it's simply too thick - nearly impossible to get thin, clean symmetrical lines on your lids.

I received two of these liners as a gift. When I realized I did not want to use it anymore (Are you paying my dry cleaning bill, MAC?), I took both of them into a MAC store - one used and one unopened - and explained my problem to a sales associate. I thought a refund on the unopened one would have been fair, but I didn't really expect it. But I did think an exchange for another product, or some sort of store credit, was warranted. I was offered nothing.

These are high end cosmetics and I am (was) a loyal MAC user. I still love the lipstick, but I don't use any other MAC products any more.

Way to do business, MAC. Make a crap product (which is forgive-able; it happens) and then alienate a loyal customer, who is now very much liking her Clinique Pretty Easy Liquid Eyelining Pen.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Not my favorite at all. I was using the liquidlast liner before but decided to try this out and see how I liked it. I don't like it at all it takes forever to dry and the applicators to stiff. Compared to the liquid last I would recommend the liquid last for sure especially if your looking for a more flexible applicator and liner that drys way faster!!

I'm going to return it. I have Asian eyes with no lids and this thing just smudges all over.

I personally LOVE this but didnt give it great points because i believe there are better ones out there. I have repurchased this before and will continue to until i found something better. i love the consistency and formula. The felt tip is pretty good too, i dont need to press really hard. I have only tried the loreal liquid eyeliner other than this one. By the way, it was HORRIBLE! The mac one is great! if it was waterproof then it was be AWESOME! but it isnt so bad and does not easily smudge. Ive went clubbing with this before and my eyeliner stayed on all night.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After hearing raves about this eyeliner, I decided to give it a go- I have oily lids and really sensitive eyes and I tear very easily too (smoke, dust, if the air is too dry.. you get the gist). I made the mistake of not trying it on my lids at the counter. I only drew a line on the back of my hand and after it dried, I tried to smudge it off. The lasting power was good and it didnt smudge so I didnt bother testing it out on my eyes and just bought it.

The first time I used it, as soon as I drew close to the lash line, my eyes started to sting just a little (maybe from the smell/fumes?) but it subsided after a while so I ignored it. A few hours into the night, my oily lids made this liner smudge and not only that, it also made me tear and it really stung my eyes. I had to use a tissue to blot my eyelids (couldnt wash it all off because I was at a function) and it was actually a little sticky. Inititally I didnt think it was the liner, maybe the place was smoky so I tried using it on a few other occassions, clubbing, school, dinners and my eyes would have the same reaction.

One time it hurt so bad and I had my contacts in, I actually had to remove my contacts. Though it was a new bottle, I couldnt bear to use it anymore because it kept making my eyes tear so I threw it out after a while and switched to Bobbi Brown's gel liner. Havent looked back since. For those of you who have sensitive eyes, just remember to try it on at the counters before you buy this.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

black boot has a great applicator and goes on dark i get lots of compliments when i wear it very rich and intense

I love this eyeliner. So far it's the only liquid black liner that works for me. I've tried a few other brands at the drugstore but they were too runny and ran out too fast. I might be weird but I really like the applicator, it's the only kind I can use. I've also got a liquidlast liner in point black (the blackest black) but I just can't handle that little brush. I make a mess.This one is quick and easy for me to vary the line thickness.The other thing I like is that it stays on all day as long as I don't rub my eyes. I only use it on the top lashline though. Sure, it will smudge if you rub your eyes. The plus side of that is it's easy to fix mistakes with a damp q-tip and it comes off easily at night. The downside is that it's a bit pricey and if I accidentally fall asleep while wearing it I wake up with black gunky stuff in my eyes. Otherwise I think it's great

i never had the techinique of drawing a fine line on my upper lids (thk cat eyes) so this boot black liner became nearly extinct. i fished it out on sat and POW WOW, i could draw a straight line with this! the brush tip's not too fluffy / stiff so u can get a fine line with some practice. also, this hardly budges. i went through a romantic saturday evening -wink wink- with the bf and this stayed on my uber-oily lids! it's a WINNER!

Got this in boot black. I have a rather moist eye, and this runs/spreads in a hour or so. CaNNot be set with powder. If you want a dramatic eyeliner, get the creme liner which is longer lasting, can be set with powder e/s and can double as a liquid e/s or e/s base.