MAC MAC Liquid Liner

3.4

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Oh Boy.I wish I would of read these reviews before I bout this.Well I did not pay much.I made an offer on e bay.The felt tip is only good for wings I'm thinking..It comes of in patches...Today I used another brush in it.I don't want to waste it.So far so good.I like that it's Matte.I am not into felt tips.I am good with the soft brushes..I've been doing eyeliner for a long time and an experienced at make up.Learned at an early age and I'm an artist and makeup is like doing art to me.Felt tips have their place but not with my makeup style.I'm hoping this will work out using another brush.I will come back if it stays all day...lol.I just Love soft brushes...more flexibility.like painting..I would never have paid the full price for this..Ever..You can get this cheaper in like drugstore..wal mart felt tips....

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

loooooooooove it. it glides on so easy its great and it lasts well and wont bleed on oily eyelids

To Read all 139 Reviews, Login or Join

I normally love MAC, but this eyeliner is not good, mostly because the packaging is poorly designed. The liquid liner is so thick that it kind of gushes up out of the tube when you re-insert the brush. The result are clumps of black eyeliner around the edge of the opening. It gets on your fingers and your clothes- I've had to change my top more than once.

If you can manage to get this product on your eyelid, it's simply too thick - nearly impossible to get thin, clean symmetrical lines on your lids.

I received two of these liners as a gift. When I realized I did not want to use it anymore (Are you paying my dry cleaning bill, MAC?), I took both of them into a MAC store - one used and one unopened - and explained my problem to a sales associate. I thought a refund on the unopened one would have been fair, but I didn't really expect it. But I did think an exchange for another product, or some sort of store credit, was warranted. I was offered nothing.

These are high end cosmetics and I am (was) a loyal MAC user. I still love the lipstick, but I don't use any other MAC products any more.

Way to do business, MAC. Make a crap product (which is forgive-able; it happens) and then alienate a loyal customer, who is now very much liking her Clinique Pretty Easy Liquid Eyelining Pen.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is so bad, I have no words to explain what rubbish this is. It's everything I hate in a liquid liner.

So I went to the Mac counter for the usual long lasting liquid eyeliner I love but the sales lady advised it was sold out. Being the optimist that I am I let her sell this to me.

I tried it the very next day, so this is where I start. The applicator does not pick up the the product, it applies very streaky on the lids. If you want uneven colour and tugging on your eye whilst swearing in frustration then this is for you. I struggled so hard to put this evenly and when I finally did I found out it didn't even last a normal winters work day. Pathetic, OMG I better stop typing i think I am going to kill my computer by slamming so hard on the keyboards!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

You have to shake the bottle to get the color to be black. Or else you'll get a runny grey consistency. the brush is good for laying the basic color in between the lashes to get a thick liner look. But not ideal for the thin eyeliner look. If you want a thin line with this, the brush is quiet bulky for the look so it will take longer to do your thin eyeliner. I'm don't get oily but I do notice the line smudge a bit at the end of the day. The smudging is pretty normal for my naturally puffy eye bags.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this product in the blackest color they had, and it's not black at all. You have to go over multiple coats to get a decent dark gray. Also, the formula is water and comes off in 2 hours. Please do not waste your money on this mediocre product and buy MAC liquidlast liner instead, it's 10x darker and lasts all day.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I regularly use liquid or gel black eyeliner and this product has been the best one I have used so far. I have tried several other similar products but personally I find that none of them are of the same quality as this one. Whereas the other products I've used (can't remember their names at the moment) apply like dried out whiteboard markers and make shaky, semi-opaque lines that peel off and run throughout the day, this one applies thickly with a solid, dark pigment and stays on the skin throughout the day. The product also generally does not run out for a while--however I wouldn't say it lasts forever, either. The brush tip makes it difficult to apply (especially when doing winged eyeliner) but I prefer it to other marker or felt tip eyeliners since I find it offers more precision. With practice it becomes easy and natural, and this is definitely one of my favourite makeup products that I usually don't leave the house without.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Not a fan of this one. Hard to apply and not worth what you pay. I have it in the color boot black and I like the color but the consistency is not the best. Not easy to remove and it stings a bit on my sensitive skin. It might work if you have a really steady hand but i asked for a liquid eyeliner that was easy to apply and this isnīt.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When I was looking for a new eyeliner that would stay put all day long, a lot of girls recommended the MAC Liquid Liner to me. It's true - this product has a great staying power and won't smudge - you can basically go for a swim without worrying about it. Unfortunately, this also makes it pretty hard to take it off, even with an oil-based makeup remover. Every evening when taking my eye makeup off this would cost me a few lashes. Which is pretty tragic if you're Asian and thus not blessed with the most voluminous set of lashes.
I really liked the color of this - a real deep black, not watery at all.
However, there were SO many things that annoyed me about this product! First of all, the consistency becomes kind of gooey after a really short time. After only a few weeks, it became so gooey, it became more and more difficult to use it to draw a precise line. Also, anytime I would use this eyeliner it basically glued my lashes together.

For this price, I expected a much better product and was really disappointed.

Gladly, I've found my absolute HG eyeliner now - the Kanebo Kate Super Sharp Eyeliner S which I wholeheartedly recommend.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I was reccomended this by a sales lady in the black color.

I just really dislike this eyeliner, and I'm a mac junkie. The tip of the applicator broke quickly. The consistency is typical, but its quite a grey black which annoys me. It fades so easily throughout the day. It stings my eyes. I'm not sure if this is a waterproof formula, but I told the SA specifically I had very watery eyes and this doesn't work at all. It all comes streaking down. Ug!

The one thing I do like about it is that it is matte, not shiny.