Avon Wash off Waterproof mascara

Avon Wash off Waterproof mascara
Wash off Waterproof mascaraWash off Waterproof mascara

WASH-OFF WATERPROOF Mascara WATER/EAU AMMONIUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER KAOLIN COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA HYDROGENATED SOY GLYCERIDES BUTYLENE GLYCOL BEESWAX/CIRE D'ABEILLE SORBETH-20 BEESWAX PROPYLENE GLYCOL STEARIC ACID EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX/CIRE DE CANDELILLA HYDROXYLATED LANOLIN HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE TALC ACRYLATES COPOLYMER SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE PARAFFIN AMMONIUM HYDROXIDE IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA METHYLPARABEN ETHYLPARABEN MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES MICA ULTRAMARINES TITANIUM DIOXIDE CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS BLUE 1 LAKE CARMINE BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE MANGANESE VIOLET FERRIC FERROCYANIDE

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a nice, basic, waterproof mascara. It does a bit of lengthening/darkening but doesn't add much volume. It gives more of a natural masara look.

It has a 'classic' style spiral mascara brush that is easy to use, but if you let your first coat dry, it will be nearly impossible to get the brush into your lashes for a second coat.

The smaller (relatively) brush makes it easy to use on lower lashes where I don't want as much volume as I have on top. It's very good for getting emotional (meeeee) or just even watery eyes.

I tried it as a brow gel and it works really well on my black brows! It is pigmented enough to fill in my sparse spots, has great hold for brow hairs, and won't run away. It is a bit crunchy to the touch though (fair warning).

This goes on sale for $5 CAD fairly regularly.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this mascara and have been buying it for almost 10 years. It's light, pretty (I use the navy blue shade), never rubs off, and washes off easily. I hope this mascara never gets discontinued because it's the best.

on 1/27/2017 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a really great everyday mascara. One coat gives a clean done look that wears all day without flaking. I don't recommend a lot of coats of this mascara though. It can get a little clumpy if you do that. This is more for a natural look. One or two coats is enough, This always seems to be on sale too. I only paid $4.00 dollars for my last tube. It's also not hard to remove. Although, I do use makeup remover to take it off. I like Avon's Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover for that purpose.

on 3/10/2016 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This mascara is not for me. I thought it looked good but then my curl went down. I need a mascara that won't weigh down my curl.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This mascara did not impress me and was just kind of meh. I used the whole tube over a period of a couple months, but had to do a lot of coats to get any length out of it. I want to put just one (maybe two) coats on and go.
Far as being waterproof it is somewhat, but a true waterproof mascara should hold up well while swimming. This came off and when done swimming barely any of it was left.
I have tried several Avon mascaras and am not impressed with any of them. This one was just another bummer.

on 12/2/2015 11:10:00 PM

I don't know why I keep reaching for this every dang morning when I have a stockpile of other mascaras waiting to be used...but I do. Its the cheapest mascara...the cheapest even of all the avon mascaras...doesn't even have a fancy name. Like, I usually buy this for about $2.99 from the catalog. Anyhoo, its not amazing or anything but its a good basic mascara to have for regular daytime eyes...and I love that I don't have to worry about it throughout the day, doesn't flake or smudge and very waterproof. Comes off pretty easy, I usually wipe at my eyes with my regular makeup remover/wipe watever I normally use and then wash my face...gone, no big deal. Gives decent volume and length after a couple coats, seperates really well...as in it fans out my teeny tiny lashes and makes me look like I have some.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hardly any product payoff, have to work it hard to get any coverage, does not give any volume.

on 10/25/2014 9:26:00 PM

I wanted sooo much to like this mascara, because it's important to me that the product wash off easily. I find it difficult to apply; flakes quite a bit, and I have to waste a lot of time early in the morning, cleaning up undereye flakes before I can leave the house. As soon as I can find something better (maybe a L'Oreal or Maybelline one), I aim to toss this one. I also find it quite difficult to remove, even using a very creamy Avon remover product. Was disappointed. Price was awful too; $7- was not even a bargain.

It was waterproof in the pool but not in a hot tub or shower or hot springs. I don't think I would buy it again since it was average for thickening, average for smudging, average for lengthening, and average for being waterproof.

on 8/5/2014 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just ordered some from my avon lady!!!
I've been using this for the last three years since getting a pool.
It's great, stays on while you swim. Then washes off with soap and water. Usually there are a few crumbs after washing off. I just take a make up pad and a dab of Vaseline Cocoa butter and swipe under my eye and all the black mascara crumbs are gone!!
I'd buy it again and again.

Popular Mascaras