Head and Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo

Head and Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo

3.5

Active Ingredients: Pyrithione Zinc (1, Anti Dandruff)Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycol Distearate, Zinc Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, Dimethicone, Sodium Benzoate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Magnesium Carbonate Hydroxide, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Blue 1, Red 33

on 11/2/2016 12:43:00 PM

I have really shitty dandruff problems that have been pretty persistent throughout my teenage years and it's only really gotten worse. I remember using H&S but it not working out that well for me. I've tried pretty much anything from like "natural" shampoos to prescribed medicated treatments but nothing worked.

So in a fit of frustration, I went back and bought the Classic Clean shampoo hoping that it would work. As of right now, I've been using the shampoo for maybe a bit less than two months and it's saved my hair. The dandruff is staying at bay and its not as outrageous as it use to be. Also weirdly enough its been making my hair look way better than it ever has - it looks way healthier and voluminous.

Hopefully this isn't just a temporary thing and I can continue to use this shampoo and getting the same results.

on 8/6/2016 8:54:00 AM

I wash my hair every 2-3 days and am somewhat prone to dandruff, so I use this shampoo every wash to keep my scalp flake-free. It works well for that purpose. I lather, leave in for a couple of minutes, and rinse out. It's not stripping but it's not moisturizing either.

To Read all 118 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This doesn't really work on dandruff. It cleanses my oily hair and scalp really good, without stripping too much moisture. I stopped using it because i grew tired of the smell and it did nothing on my dandruff. It's really cheap though!

on 4/24/2016 8:42:00 AM

I can't believe how this shampoo makes my hair awful. I have been using this for 1 month and now my hair really waxy and has oily residue. And my hair full of build up. I went my hair dresser and he couldn't believe how my hair has horrible condition. He cleaned my hair with l'oreal clarifying shampoo, now my hair feels a little bit better. Sorry for my bad english and don't buy this shampoo please

on 4/11/2016 4:04:00 PM

This seems to help people with dandruff. However, I don't have dandruff, I have seborrheic dermatitis, and this not only doesn't help me, it encourages my scalp to flake. So far, Nizoral seems to be the only product that actually helps this condition, at least in my experience.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

My hair is ridiculously greasy and I don't think it helps that my hairs thick because it seems to cause more build up. I love think shampoo in terms of getting rid of my dandruff however it makes my scalp literally squeaky clean to the point where it's dry and becones itchy

on 10/15/2015 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had a huge 40 ounce pump bottle of this thanks to my ex, so I decided to be cheap and use it. Mistake. The formula of this shampoo changed a few years ago in my opinion. It now builds up on my hair and scalp, leaving it coated with what feels like soap scum. I had horrible hair when I used this regularly, so I wouldn't recommend it. Given that it builds up, I don't even see how it would work for people with dandruff. It didn't make my hair fall out, which saves it from a one lipstick rating.

on 9/23/2015 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have greasy hair and found it stripping. With repeated use it dries out the scalp and roots, creating the itching from dryness. I quite like how my hair is less greasy, and it does leave a clean feeling on the scalp. But it smells cheap, feels cheap, it's a nasty colour and the bottle is awkward. After 75mls use, my hair feels thin, tangled and drab. If you want to cure itchiness try Liz Earle shampoo. If you want to get rid of dandruff try a drop of tea tree oil in your shampoo. If you want quality, volume and shine try Philip Kingsley in the yellow bottle (l don't recommend their anti-dandruff either).

on 8/10/2015 8:57:00 PM

I bought this shampoo cos I've got dundruff around my ears area after using hairdryer every morning. What a mistake!! I used this product every second morning (have very oily hair), stopped using hairdryer and about a two weeks time my scalp was far too dry, incredibly itchy, had red patches and dundruff everywhere! Complete disaster. I was not sure if this shampoo actually caused it, so I continued to using this for extra few weeks..still had the same awful trouble so I just binned it and got back to my Loreal fav shampoo and immediately could feel my scalp stopped being itchy and in few weeks time had no dundruff at all.

So the result - the first dundruff issue was caused by overusing hairdryer. Secondly, the shampoo was the worst I have ever tried, irritated my skin a lot, ironically got even more dundruff by using it, so I do not recommend this product to anyone!!

I got this shampoo one lippy rating but to be honest I wish I could give NO LIPPY at all. That's how bad it was.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Sometimes removes dandruff, sometimes causes it! In fact my head becomes itchy after using it and the minty cooling sensation irritates my head skin a lot. This product is very imperfect and I only use it when I have terrible dandruff and there's nothing left to do. No other brands can help me so I need to rely on it sometimes. In short, it may help if you're lucky enough.