3.7

Reviews

3.0
from

6 months ago

I'm sorry that the last reviewer before me got a allergic reaction to this soap Bc it once happened with me when I was a teenager and tried a bar of oil of Olay bath soap once! But anyway back to this kiss my face olive oil soap I was perfectly fine with this it didn't give me any skin issues I bought myself a bar of this from the vitamin shoppe to try as a shower soap & I really liked it Bc it's completely fragrance free Bc I get allergies to any fragrances in my skincare products! & it's so hard to find a good fragrances free bath soap Bc the stuff in the drug stores are loaded with tons of perfume which I despise! But this bar of soap was decent!

About reviewer (235 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal

HairBlack

EyesBlack

a year ago

This soap caused a major rash on my whole body. I am convinced they use something other than what is on the ingredients list.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

I have used Kiss My Face Unscented on and off for years. I’m concerned as I can rarely find it in stores nor online often these days.. am wondering if it is being discontinued. ???? I first tried KMF unscented because it was listed on a skin care forum for people with allergies to coconut, fragrance, nuts and seeds. There are almost no cleansers that fit this criteria. This soap is devoid of all my allergens, and is a godsend for that purpose!!!! This soap is a big, solid, green bar. It smells like pure olive soap. (Some reviewers below didn’t care for the smell. While there is a scented version of KMF, this odor is NORMAL for an olive oil based soap. The odor does not stay on the skin. It’s not an unpleasant smell.). This soap does not not lather much (normal for olive soap) and does not have the slip/emolumentsy (normal) to use shave your legs. Again, this is an olive-based soap w/o coconut—this soap embodies exactly what a true olive-Castille soap is. For those of us that are severely allergic to those other emollient/ fragrant/ slippage ingredients, this is a Godsend!! This soap cleanses my face and body very well. It rinses easily, cleans fully, and lasts a long time if kept on a dry soap dish. It removes any water-based makeup I wear, but it’s not designed to be a makeup remover. On makeup days, I wash my face with this after I remove my makeup with jojoba oil (organic). This soap can be drying (and I have oily skin). During humid days drying isn’t a problem.. but during dry winters (or in arid climates) a moisturizer would be needed afterward. This gem does—and is—exactly what an olive Castille soap is supposed to do/be! I am even able to make my own allergen-free shampoo with it! (Many of us with severe allergies do this.). As it is suddenly hard to find, I’m purchasing as many bars as I can find. I still like the emolliency and slip of some of my other soaps/cleansers.. but they contain small amounts of allergens than my body can no longer tolerate. I fully understand why some reviewers prefer other soaps with rich lather and are so emollient you can shave your legs.. you have other options you are able to enjoy and use without consequence. I highly recommend Kiss My Face Fragrance Free Soap for everyone who has sensitive or highly allergic skin.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOily, Olive, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

I initially bought the Body Shop Olive Soap, which I liked but it got me researching a more natural version. I ordered the three-pack soap. The initial smell is off-putting in comparison to the Body Shop verion. However, this soap, for me is better. I have also used it to wash my hair and it has worked well. The smell lessens with use and does not scent your skin. I will definitely re-purchase.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2.0

2 years ago

Big green bar that will last a long time. Available in drugstores, supermarkets, etc. It didn't lather up that much, but I didn't expect it to-soaps with fewer preservatives and artificial ingredients often don't. I didn't entirely care for the scent-it really does smell like olive oil that has gone slightly off-but I was pretty sure that wouldn't last long. The reason I will not buy this soap again is because I can't use it to shave with-my legs broke out afterward in huge bumps all over the place, and they were ITCHY beyond belief! I am not someone who cares to skip shaving my legs for more than a day or so, unless I want to look like Chewbacca from the knees down, so a gentle, non-irritating soap is a must for me. If you are planning to use this on your face, or anywhere you don't use a razor, it will probably be OK-I will put it in a soapdish and use it to wash hands with-but I don't recommend it for shaving, or use on the entire body. I will probably not purchase this again, because four or five dollars for soap that I can only use on my hands is a bit steep, IMO.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Straight, Medium

EyesOther

from

4 years ago

I've used Kiss My Face olive oil soap so many years, I've lost count. I've tried the big bars, small bars, fragrance-free, and scented. My favorite is the classic fragrance-free version, which has a faint woody scent due to its natural ingredients. It is somewhat like a combination of the scent of an herb garden warming in the sun and high quality extra virgin olive oil, which is hardly a surprise. This soap lasts a very long time, provided it doesn't sit in a puddle of water in your shower or soap dish. When allowed to air out between uses, I have found this soap will last the same amount as 3-4 bars of softer soap such as Dove. In the long run, KMF is no more expensive than more common soaps because of its longevity. I only use this product for hands or body. I have found it is less drying than deodorant or white soap, but not quite as moisturizing as shea butter soap. It is perfect for summer, when my skin is behaving as normal-to-oily. Its mild formula can also be used around sensitive private parts without causing irritation. Regarding comments made by others about soap scum--there is not a bar soap I've tried that doesn't leave soap scum. This doesn't deter me from using KMF. Incidentally, the only way I've found around that is to use shower gel and/or liquid hand soap instead of bar soap. Bottom line, I'm a KMF customer for life--will definitely purchase again and again.

About reviewer (155 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesBrown

4 years ago

I've been using this soap for a few weeks and I like it so much I just bought a 3-pack, so I can keep one bar upstsirs, one in the shower downstairs, and another in my car lest I go camping and want to clean up after hiking! I LOVE that it's pH balanced, natural and doesn't have fragrance added. The bar may smell a little weird but trust me, it doesn't transfer the scent to your skin. It took up to a couple wks for my system to adjust its natural oil production. I don't always need to moisturize after showering w/this but if I do, I'll apply a bit of apricot seed oil while my skin is still moist yet lightly patted w/a towel. I use a soft boar brush to exfoliate every few days. My skin looks healthier since using this olive oil soap.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair

HairOther

EyesBlue

3.0

4 years ago

i used to use this from time to time as a teen when it first hit the market. stopped using it in my 20s because i found it to be too expensive for the results, and i hated the film it left in the tub. bought it again a few years ago for nostalgia when i saw it in my local "healthy" grocery store. still the same problem with the film, but ended up giving the bar to a friend who was having trouble finding something for her daughter with eczema. her daughter loved it, so i'm glad that it went to good use. kiss my face does make a great bath gel -- i love the patchouli-scented one. otherwise, i would never re-purchase this bar, nor would i ever recommend it for use on the face (ironically!).

About reviewer (66 reviews)

SkinNormal, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBrown

4 years ago

If you have acne-prone skin, do not--I repeat--DO NOT use this on your face. This bar gave me the worst acne of my life that took 2 years to clear up. I decided to try this as a facial cleanser when I was switching to more natural products. Unfortunately, I didn't know much about what oils my skin could tolerate at the time, and apparently this was not one of them. My current face cleansing routine now includes jojoba or apricot oil to remove makeup, followed by Arcona White Tea Purifying Cleanser for a second cleanse. My face is totally clear now. I just want to save anyone thinking of using this from the horrible breakouts that I had to endure. I can't comment on this as a body or hand wash, but I'm sure it would be pleasant to use on those areas.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

A very pure soap and reasonably priced but it does not lather in hard water, leaves a film all over everything and smells like motor oil.

About reviewer (100 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool