Kiss My Face Olive Oil Soap

Saponified Olive Oil, Water, Sodium Chloride

on 7/23/2016 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've used Kiss My Face olive oil soap so many years, I've lost count. I've tried the big bars, small bars, fragrance-free, and scented. My favorite is the classic fragrance-free version, which has a faint woody scent due to its natural ingredients. It is somewhat like a combination of the scent of an herb garden warming in the sun and high quality extra virgin olive oil, which is hardly a surprise.

This soap lasts a very long time, provided it doesn't sit in a puddle of water in your shower or soap dish. When allowed to air out between uses, I have found this soap will last the same amount as 3-4 bars of softer soap such as Dove. In the long run, KMF is no more expensive than more common soaps because of its longevity.

I only use this product for hands or body. I have found it is less drying than deodorant or white soap, but not quite as moisturizing as shea butter soap. It is perfect for summer, when my skin is behaving as normal-to-oily. Its mild formula can also be used around sensitive private parts without causing irritation.

Regarding comments made by others about soap scum--there is not a bar soap I've tried that doesn't leave soap scum. This doesn't deter me from using KMF. Incidentally, the only way I've found around that is to use shower gel and/or liquid hand soap instead of bar soap.

Bottom line, I'm a KMF customer for life--will definitely purchase again and again.

I've been using this soap for a few weeks and I like it so much I just bought a 3-pack, so I can keep one bar upstsirs, one in the shower downstairs, and another in my car lest I go camping and want to clean up after hiking! I LOVE that it's pH balanced, natural and doesn't have fragrance added. The bar may smell a little weird but trust me, it doesn't transfer the scent to your skin. It took up to a couple wks for my system to adjust its natural oil production. I don't always need to moisturize after showering w/this but if I do, I'll apply a bit of apricot seed oil while my skin is still moist yet lightly patted w/a towel. I use a soft boar brush to exfoliate every few days. My skin looks healthier since using this olive oil soap.

on 6/27/2015 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

A very pure soap and reasonably priced but it does not lather in hard water, leaves a film all over everything and smells like motor oil.

on 12/19/2015 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

i used to use this from time to time as a teen when it first hit the market. stopped using it in my 20s because i found it to be too expensive for the results, and i hated the film it left in the tub. bought it again a few years ago for nostalgia when i saw it in my local "healthy" grocery store. still the same problem with the film, but ended up giving the bar to a friend who was having trouble finding something for her daughter with eczema. her daughter loved it, so i'm glad that it went to good use. kiss my face does make a great bath gel -- i love the patchouli-scented one. otherwise, i would never re-purchase this bar, nor would i ever recommend it for use on the face (ironically!).

If you have acne-prone skin, do not--I repeat--DO NOT use this on your face. This bar gave me the worst acne of my life that took 2 years to clear up. I decided to try this as a facial cleanser when I was switching to more natural products. Unfortunately, I didn't know much about what oils my skin could tolerate at the time, and apparently this was not one of them. My current face cleansing routine now includes jojoba or apricot oil to remove makeup, followed by Arcona White Tea Purifying Cleanser for a second cleanse. My face is totally clear now. I just want to save anyone thinking of using this from the horrible breakouts that I had to endure. I can't comment on this as a body or hand wash, but I'm sure it would be pleasant to use on those areas.

This dried my skin out, left a film. I was pretty excited to try it out because it has such great ingredients and I love the KMF brand. Sadly didn't work out :/

I used this as a facial cleanser during my latter college years after hearing about the wonders of castile/olive oil-based sosps. It was just...ok. Nothing spectacular. It didn't break me out and I actually liked its very slight scent, but it didn't do anything remarkable to my skin. I was 2+months in using this when I realized it's cumbersome for me to use a soap as a facial wash. I had to toss the remainder and have not repurchased ever since.

This is a great soap with natural ingredients. Doesn't dry my skin and doesn't irritate my boyfriend's eczema prone skin. I wish it was more easy to find so I could use it regularly.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is an effective, but extremely drying soap. My skin looks and feels parched and flakey after each use. I use it to clean my makeup brushes (Real Techniques) and it does a great job on those. I wouldn't be buying this for using on my face/body anymore though.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I actually really love this soap. I have oily skin with pores that clog easily. I started washing with this morning and night so I could keep the number of potentially pore clogging chemicals from my face. I use this and a moisturizer in the AM then use it PM to wash my face before Tazorac. This cleans my face without leaving it tight or dry like every other face wash I have used, and it leaves my oily skin clean with just enough moisture. its really helped to balance my skin! I cut each bar in 4 for easier use :)