DevaCurl One Condition

DevaCurl One Condition

3.8

Aqueous extracts of; achilea millefolium (yarrow), chamomilla recutita (matricaria), cymbopogon schoenanthus (camel grass), humulus lupulus (hops), melissa offcinalis (balm mint), rosmarinus offcinalis (rosemary); cetearyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, glycerin, amodimethicone, olive oil, cetrimonium chloride, cetyl esters, propylene glycol, trideceth-12, diazolidinyl urea, methyl paraben, propyl paraben, fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This works best as a leave in conditioner. No silicones but good slip. No protein.

My hair: 2b/2c wavy. Fine. Bleached platinum/white. Length is past shoulder length.

Since my hair is bleached from a level 3 to a level 10, it obviously has some damage (but not much). This works best for my hair as a leave in conditioner with a few drops of pure argan oil. That combo makes my hair absolutely silky smooth with no frizz.

For a rinse-out conditioner it's not moisturizing enough, for my hair, own it's own. This one isn't horrible, just not as moisturizing as I expected.

As a leave in conditioner though, it's *excellent*. Since I don't need much the bottle has lasted me a long time. Will repurchase because it's the best conditioner I've used as a leave in. It doesn't weigh my hair down, leaves no sticky or coated feeling on my hair like a lot of leave in's do. It simply moisturize's my hair perfectly.

I like that this has no protein in it. My hair needs a good amount of protein but I like to control when I put protein in my hair. I use the Aphogee 2-step every 4-8 weeks (which for me is HG status and has been for years).

I love One Condition. It's my go-to protein-free conditioner. It leaves my hair feeling soft and moisturized but it doesn't weigh it down. The price is high at $22 for 12 oz. but I find that the bottle lasts a while. I know a lot of people hate the scent, but I love it. It reminds me of citrus and chlorine and it makes me feel like I'm at the pool. I also like the fact that One Condition is silicone free but still has decent slip. Overall it's a great conditioner. I will be repurchasing.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This review is for DevaCurl One Condition Original.

One of the challenges with DevaCurl is that they change the names of products frequently, and the names of the products are way too similar. That however, is an aesthetic objection.

My first observation of this product is that it smells terrible. It has the lemon lime deodorant smell that you have probably smelled in cleaning products such as urinal cakes.

The second observation is that this stuff gives my hair a straw like consistency. I don't know why this is, but I don't like my 2c low porosity hair to be any more coarse and dry than it already tends to be.

The third thing to note is that this stuff costs $24 for 12 ounces. That's $2 an ounce. And my hair generally needs more than an ounce per washing.

I suggest you try the Generic Value Products Conditioning Balm instead. I found DevaCurl products because I wanted to start taking care of my wavy hair properly. I have now learned that I get better results with much cheaper products, like the GVP balm and SheaMoisture products.

Run far from this stuff. It's not worth your money.

on 3/1/2017 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I used this and the DevaCurl Low Poo shampoo for months on my frizzy/wavy/curly fine hair, and I can tell you that they are completely horrific products. Avoid at all costs. My hair is now absolutely parched. It's dull with no shine, and made me break out on my scalp and around my hairline. My scalp and hair were also greasy the day after washing, which doesn't usually happen, and the style falls out after a day. The day after washing with these two, I look as if I haven't done anything to my hair for a week. I've been going round looking dreadful at work, which has been really embarrassing.

Worst "conditioner" ever. My hair is like STRAW.

Same experience with the DevaCurl Heavenly Hair Mask. I have no idea how they get away with making such horrendously bad products.

on 10/1/2016 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I just feel like this isn't that moisturizing, the price is quite high, and I really don't like the smell - kind of like hand lotion. This is just a miss for me.

on 9/27/2016 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Eh. I was looking forward to using this along with one condition so that I could start wearing my hair curly again. I understand you don't want to weigh your hair down when you're wearing it curly, but this wasn't moisturizing at all, leading to frazzled looking curls. It also smelled weird. I mean, I'm all about my herbal scented products, but this smelled like stale curry.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I do not feel that this moisturizes my hair well. Also, the smell is unpleasant.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Smells amazing- like sweet tarts candy. If you use a drying shampoo that leaves the hair feeling like hay just use this and your hair will be immediately revived. Love this stuff. I usually use about 1 oz on my thick hair after each shampoo, so get the jumbo size if you have a lot of hair.

I used this conditioner with the NO POO shampoo. It felt nice and moisturizing in the shower but my hair didn't look any extra moisturized or healthy after my usual routine....I'm surprised since it felt so good in the shower?!?! It did brush thru a lot easier (I usually have tangles since my hair is so thin)....not sure if I would repurchase

on 8/1/2016 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This product leaves me with mixed feelings about it. If it was less expensive or Ulta put it on sale during their liter sales I might have considered this a keeper. This is overall a good product for me (the new formula). It detangled well, although I don't struggle with this. It left my hair moisturized and a good in between of soft and enough texture to hold my waves/curls. It isn't heavy and isn't super thick so it spreads well and easily. I liked that it is not a greasy or oily product, so I didn't have any reside and hair felt clean for many days. The smell reminds me of dove soap (not strong, but still soapy smelling). Where it lacked a wow factor for me was what it delivers for the price. I still had frizz (my hair is seriously fluffy and frizzy), which is what I'm looking to eliminate without a complicated routine. For the incredibly expensive price tag, I expect major results. While I did like this product, the value for what it is just isn't there for me. Maybe if money was no issue or if I found it on sale I'd repurchase in the future.