DevaCurl One Condition

DevaCurl One Condition

3.9

Aqueous extracts of; achilea millefolium (yarrow), chamomilla recutita (matricaria), cymbopogon schoenanthus (camel grass), humulus lupulus (hops), melissa offcinalis (balm mint), rosmarinus offcinalis (rosemary); cetearyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, glycerin, amodimethicone, olive oil, cetrimonium chloride, cetyl esters, propylene glycol, trideceth-12, diazolidinyl urea, methyl paraben, propyl paraben, fragrance.

I used this conditioner with the NO POO shampoo. It felt nice and moisturizing in the shower but my hair didn't look any extra moisturized or healthy after my usual routine....I'm surprised since it felt so good in the shower?!?! It did brush thru a lot easier (I usually have tangles since my hair is so thin)....not sure if I would repurchase

on 8/1/2016 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This product leaves me with mixed feelings about it. If it was less expensive or Ulta put it on sale during their liter sales I might have considered this a keeper. This is overall a good product for me (the new formula). It detangled well, although I don't struggle with this. It left my hair moisturized and a good in between of soft and enough texture to hold my waves/curls. It isn't heavy and isn't super thick so it spreads well and easily. I liked that it is not a greasy or oily product, so I didn't have any reside and hair felt clean for many days. The smell reminds me of dove soap (not strong, but still soapy smelling). Where it lacked a wow factor for me was what it delivers for the price. I still had frizz (my hair is seriously fluffy and frizzy), which is what I'm looking to eliminate without a complicated routine. For the incredibly expensive price tag, I expect major results. While I did like this product, the value for what it is just isn't there for me. Maybe if money was no issue or if I found it on sale I'd repurchase in the future.

To Read all 95 Reviews, Login or Join

This product changed my hair (in a good way!) It was there for me when I begun the transition to no sulfates/silicones in my routine, and I love that there is none of those nasties in this product. I find best results by using it as an in-shower detangler and conditioner, applied from the ears down. Toward the end of the shower I scrunch it through, rinsing sparingly with water until there is a little left in my hair as a tiny bit of leave in. This product gave my curls definition I didn't know they were capable of!

It is, however, ludicrously expensive, especially because I live in Australia and have to scour for it on eBay. The scent is fruity and sweet, in a chemically way, which is not really my cup of tea, but I don't find it lingers.

I highly recommend this, if you're not adverse to splurging a little - treat yourselves, curly girls.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

For something so expensive, it was def NOT worth it!
the conditioner was nice, provided an okay slip but was not the best conditioner out there!
i felt like it dried my hair out and i had to use a lot to feel any moisture what so ever.
Def not worth the price!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Did DevaCurl reformulate this product? I remember trying it a few years ago and didn't really like it, but I decided to try it again a few months ago...and I haven't stopped using it. I believe the scent is also different, and I like it way better now. I use One Condition in conjunction with No Poo -- One Condition is very light, and I find that No Poo is so moisturizing that I don't need a very heavy conditioner. I will definitely repurchase.

on 3/13/2016 11:06:00 AM

I am only a fan of one product by this company, and this is not it. What is the deal with the smell? It smells positively horrid, and the smell is strong and lingers until the next hair washing. It really does smell like toilet cleaner. And it dries out my hair more, if that is even possible.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

While the No Poo Cleanser is fabulous, I find the One Condition to be virtually worthless :(

This product came highly recommended by everyone- including my hairdresser- but I just don't get the hype. This conditioner provides almost no moisture for my hair and leaves it feeling rough afterward. I hate to say it, but I've had better moisture from drug store conditioners. On top of not providing much moisture, this product is a little pricey. That said, I plan on finishing the bottle, but will not purchase again.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I hate this conditioner!

The smell is like Toilet Duck cleaner and it has a weird glue-y texture. Luckily I bought this from the wholesaler for $35 CAD for the huge pump bottle. I don't like that this conditioner has lanolin in it. I'm assuming it's for shine, but it made my scalp break out in little pustules. Yuck.

I really, really, REALLY wanted to love this product. I've read so many rave reviews of it and have been hearing about it forever on the Naturally Curly boards. I was so excited when it came to Canadian salons. I find my drugstore conditioner (Down Under Naturals) does a better job at detangling my hair and smells better to boot.

Definitely would not repurchase. I've spent a year trying to get through the pump bottle and I'm almost there. I rotate it with 3 other conditioners and hate the day I use it.

I would suggest buying the smaller size bottle first and seeing how you like it. I can see how this would be better for coarse hair than fine hair like mine.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've been using this product for almost a year now and I completely love it! I have 2c-3a chest length curls, my hair is color treated and tends to be extremely dry. My best friend at the time introduced me to this product and I used it every time I went to her house and I totally loved it. The thing I didn't love was the price, so I never purchased it for myself. My mom's hair stylist introduced her to the DevaCurl line and she loved it. I have pretty thick hair and at the beginning of the year I noticed I was losing A LOT more hair than usual, so my mom gave me hers to try and I remembered why I loved it so much. I have naturally blonde hair and about two years ago I decided I wanted to try something new and go brunette, and I dyed it brown probably 4 times. Eventually I just wasn't happy with how it was turning out and decided I wanted to go back to blonde. I dyed it about 2 or 3 times and it was just coming out really orange! I couldn't have my hair orange, so the day before prom I took a HUGE risk and bleached my whole head and toned it and it came out this beautiful bright blonde and I was IN LOVE! I originally just wanted to go back to my normal blonde but I fell in love with what I came out with. The only problem was this KILLED my hair. It was very healthy before I started dying it and very strong and it just became very dry, it was getting thinner, it was just a disaster! And this product has completely SAVED my hair! I use this in conjunction with DevaCurl no poo and it makes my hair extremely soft, bouncy, and beautiful! You can't even tell how much my hair has been though when I use this product, it just looks amazing. The product itself has a sweet, sort of lemony smell. It's hard to describe, I've heard some say it smells like skittles and I can sort of agree. Personally I LOVE the smell, but in case you don't, don't worry, it doesn't linger in your hair. It's a very light product but it has amazing slip and provides so much moisture. It's literally heaven in a bottle. The price is pretty steep, it ranges anywhere from $20 to about $40-$50, if you look on amazon you can get a pretty good deal on it though (just don't jump on the first one you see, compare prices cause some are wayyy more expensive then others for the same size). I absolutely LOVE this product and have repurchased countless times. It's truly my holy grail conditioner!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a great conditioner for my dry, porous, 2b-c hair. It's moisturizing without weighing my hair down, has an addictive sweet, citrus, almost Skittles-like smell, and my comb slips quickly and effortlessly through my hair when I comb it wet while it is saturated with this conditioner. Only drawback is that it can be hard to get the last amount out of the bottle so I wish this came with a pump.