DevaCurl Low Poo

DevaCurl Low Poo

3.3

Aqueous Extracts of: Achilea Millefolium, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Cymbopogon Schoenanthus, Humulus Lupulus (Hops), Melissa Offcinalis (Balm Mint), Rosmarinus Offcinalis (Rosemary), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, PEG-75 Lanolin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG-7 Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-10, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyquaternium-7, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance.

I love this product! Granted, I've only used it once (this morning), but I'm really pleased with the result. I used it conjunction with the light defining gel and one condition conditioner. I have wavy, hard to control, frizzy, dry...etc hair. It's dark brown, but I dyed it blonde a year ago and it is still recovering. Its quite long as well, half way down my back. I had been using OGX Moroccan oil shampoo/conditioner, which worked really well for a month or so. I traded it in for more drugstore products, but I really wanted to get away from using so many products in my hair. (curl creme, serum, mouse, oil, moisture spray, and then hair spray on top of it all, and keeping it braided at night to keep the frizz down!)
So I splurged on this line last night, with the reassurance I could return it if it didn't work out.
I think using all the products together is really important. There are some great youtube videos on how to apply the conditioner and gel. I would have been lost trying to put gel in my hair in the shower without some instruction first.
My hair dried with lovely touchable, soft, Botticelli curls! No frizz, and no tangles. I would recommend any lost curly/wavy ladies give this a try.
It is pricey, but considering I pick up something new to try in hopes that it will work every time I go to the store, it's really not that bad. Oh I dried my hair with a tee shirt too, I think that helped a bit too :)

on 5/25/2016 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This shampoo is a huge nope for my naturally curly hair!!

The pros for me are-the fruity dreamsicle scent,makes my curls pop & doesn't dry out my scalp.

The cons-After 3 washes I'm already halfway through the bottle and I have to use a lot of the shampoo just to make my hair feel clean. This does lather up easily but working it through my hair is hard and I don't have a huge mass of hair lol but I have to always use more shampoo. After shampooing with this I have knot city wich is something I usually don't experience with any od my other shampoos wether theyre sulfate free or not. I use this with the DevaCare One Condition and detangling was still a nightmare and again something that I normally don't experience.

This along with the conditioner make my hair feel extremely dried out wich is so disappointing because my hair looks great it just doesn't feel it. At 1st I thought it was the DevaCurl styling products causing the dryness so I used my other non DevaCurl styling products and still got the same dryness...I used the DevaCurl styling products when using other sulfate and sulfate free shampoos and conditioners and didn't experience the dryness at all it was a total opposite.

Whatever is in this shampoo (and conditioner) my hair hates.

To Read all 46 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Meh.

This product is just okay in my opinion. I bought the huge pump bottle from a friend who got it from a wholesaler so I paid $35 CAD for the salon size. I've been reading about DevaCurl FOREVER on the Naturally Curly boards and was mega-stoked to see it in Vancouver salons. It's pretty expensive ($30 for the small sized bottle) so I was happy to get it at the wholesale price. I purchased this with One Condition.

I didn't mind the smell, it was pretty pleasant. I don't know how to describe it. Not fruity, maybe a bit floral perfume-y.

It lathers up way more than I thought it would and gives a good clean. It leaves my hair feeling manageable, soft, and tangle-free. It rinses out clean. However, I'm not stoked on it. I use natural and drug store brand shampoos for a third of the price and get similar if not better results.

I wouldn't repurchase this product. It's fancy, but not worth it.

I was hoping it wasn't this product but I started using DevaCurl Products back in March and I noticed my hair started falling out in clumps - I mean handfuls in one wash! At first I just thought it was getting use to the whole CG method but it hadn't stopped - Last week I decided I wanted to go back and try the WEN I was using - used it for a week and my hair stopped falling out - ok - still, thought maybe it was just getting use to everything - started using DevaCurl products again and guess what, my hair started falling out in clumps again. So guess I won't be using their products again -

on 11/29/2014 1:51:00 PM

I really had high expectations for this. I've been using DevaCurl's Styling Creme and Gel for a while and LOVE them, so I figured, why not try their Low-Poo? Big mistake. While it smells nice, and has a slight lather (more than I expected, actually), it left my hair feeling like slightly slimy straw. I also was left with a HUGE matted clump in the back (I didn't wash my hair any differently than usual. I gently squeeze the suds through the hair). I have never had any shampoo leave my hair in such awful shape.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product isn't anything special. I have a hair stylist friend who raves and raves and pretty much demanded that I get this for my 3A/3B curly hair. Never have a spent this much on a shampoo (for such a little quantity) but I decided to give it a try because I had an ULTA giftcard.

At first I thought it must just be that your hair had to get used to it. But after using up my conditioner (I still have about 1/3 of a bottle of shampoo left) I know I won't be repurchasing. It did nothing special for my hair, and I just cannot wrap my mind around spending all that money for such a small bottle. I use the Pantene Curl line and it works much better for me and I get twice as much for less than half the cost.

on 4/7/2014 10:52:00 AM

I bought this at a time when I was still ironing my hair straight, and felt guilty about it since it isn't the best thing for my hair. Eventually, I stopped feeling guilty, then I stopped ironing altogether because I decided it was too time-consuming and the results weren't particularly good. So even though I've had this shampoo for a while, I thought I might like it better now that I'm embracing my curls. I don't. First, the smell is weird. It smells like an alcoholic beverage. Second, my hair feels slippery after I use it. I don't necessarily expect it to be squeaky but it doesn't feel clean. Third, my curls don't look any different than when I use any other shampoo. If I'm inspired to use shampoo for curly hair again, I would go with either Ouidad, Bumble & Bumble or Aveda.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have pretty curly hair (type 3B) that is often dry and frizzy. I've been using this shampoo now for almost a month and my hair is much less frizzy and more moisturized! It doesn't have a great lather (hence the Low Poo) and it's taken some getting used to, but I think it's been helpful. My curls are more defined.

The smell is a bit funky, but nothing too bad. I have noticed that my scalp and the hair on my scalp can be a bit greasy if I don't scrub well. The shampoo isn't too moisturizing either, so use a good conditioner. However, it is way less drying than "traditional" drugstore shampoos. Overall I'd buy again.

Love the way my hair feels in the shower after I wash the shampoo out. Doesn't feel tangly, stripped our dry. Make sure to use one conditioner right after. Makes such a difference. My curls love this stuff!!

Edit: I'd like to put in a follow up review after using this for 3 months noticed my hair starting to fall out! Not sure why????

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have used 2/3 of the bottle of One conditioner and have had a horrible experience! At first I thought the extra dry scalp was due to weather, but the weather warmed and my scalp only got drier and drier. Then my hair started falling out in clumps! I have a couple of bald spots and very thin hair that resembles someone who has been having radiation treatments! It feels like straw and my scalp feels like it has been burned. I am horrified! I moved to an Alterna product 4 days ago and the clumps of hair loss has become less, but still far more than in a usual bathing.

Popular Shampoos