Lancome Galatee Confort

Lancome Galatee Confort

AQUA / WATER • BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER • GLYCERIN • DIMETHICONE • POLYETHYLENE • PARAFFIN • PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM / MINERAL OIL • GLYCERYL STEARATE • PEG-1 STEARATE • SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE • ACRYLATES COPOLYMER • CI 172 / RED 33 • TOCOPHEROL • CYCLODEXTRIN • SODIUM HYDROXIDE • HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE • PHENOXYETHANOL • STEARIC ACID• FAEX EXTRACT / YEAST EXTRACT • POLYSORBATE 6 • PALMITIC ACID • MEL / HONEY • MANNITOL • ISOBUTANE • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • CARBOMER • DISODIUM SUCCINATE • CETYL ALCOHOL • METHYLPARABEN • PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS PROTEIN / SWEET ALMOND PROTEIN • HEXYL CINNAMAL • GLYCINE SOJA OIL / SOYBEAN OIL • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE

on 5/5/2018 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I ordered this from Macy's for $30.00 dollars. When it arrived it was labeled as Lait Galatee Confort Makeup Remover. I consulted a Lancome online advisor who assured me it was a name change only, and the product was the same as it had always been. I noticed the directions said to use cotton pads to apply and remove this cleanser. On the website it says it can be tissued off or rinsed off. I tried it both ways, but it definitely needs to be tissued off. The texture is thinner than a cold cream, but it's harder to remove somehow. I felt like I had nothing to grab onto - yet my skin felt greasy. This really is more of a makeup remover than a cleanser. If you like to double cleanse, you might love this as a first cleanse. Personally, I like a cleanser that does most of the work. (I do use eye makeup remover.) I also like something that is fragrance free. Lait Galatee Confort has a pleasing but strong fragrance. This might work for someone who is extremely dry and wears a lot of makeup. It wasn't, however, right for me. I finally gave it away to someone who could love it more than me.

on 2/16/2018 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This isn't a very good cleanser. After one washing, my eye makeup (eyeliner and mascara) were smeared around my eyes. After the second washing, there was less but still obvious eye makeup smeared around my eyes.

This product feels like I took a basic white, lightly scented body lotion and attempted to wash my face with it. It's not much of a cleanser, but it is moisturizing.

...which made me break out, probably because face my is oily anyway.

I think this would make a good product for someone who doesn't wear a lot of makeup (or any) and has dry skin. I'm going to give the rest of my bottle to a gentleman, it would probably be really good for his winter skin.

on 6/8/2017 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I use this as a makeup remover. I don't wear anything waterproof and with a cotton ball at the ready it takes off almost all of my foundation and blusher. I then wash with Jurlique Foaming Cleanser to take off anything left over. It doesn't break me out and it leaves my skin in fairy good condition. You need to use very little of this product and so it lasts a long time. The pump is great. It's easy to sore and the bottle is elegant. So why only the three lippies? The scent is overpowering. To the point where is cloying. I know some of the reviewers love it but I find it way too heavy. If there was a scent-free version of this I'd give it a much higher rating.

on 4/12/2017 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is an amazing cleanser, I stray sometimes and try other products, but keep coming back to this. Even though it has perfume in it, my skin loves it. I get allergic reactions to so many products, but not this one. My sensitive skin loves it and the smell is lovely too ❤️

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Have used this for years, perfect for my dry very sensitive skin. Comes in handy bottle with pump, use four or five pumps and gently rub into skin until it feels like it almost "comes out" again. I have always just rinsed off with water in the cooler months when skin is drier, and in summer just wiped off with a cool wet washcloth. And that's it. It takes off makeup easily, including waterproof mascara, no need for multiple products. I haven't used toner for around 30 years as never found one that didn't make my skin burn and go red. I can honestly say I will keep buying this until they stop making it. Brilliant stuff!!

on 7/5/2016 5:40:00 PM

This product is a tough one for me to review. Why? Because it seemed to have multiple personalities. First off, I feel like maybe it was too much moisture for my normal/combo skin. Because I would break out a bit, but when I wasn't broke out my skin looked the healthiest it has in a long time. I would wash my face at night, and my face would just glow, yet a cotton pad soaked in toner would reveal that this cleanser wasn't getting all of my makeup off. Argh! So I'm really on the fence on this one. I probably won't repurchase because it was pretty pricey. But it's definitely not the worse face wash I've ever used.

5/5 stars - HG product for me!

My skin type: I don't have acne prone skin. My skin is usually pretty dry, and only gets oily when it's SUPER, SUPER dry. Sensitive - especially around the nose and cheek areas.

Pros: light weight formula that doesn't feel like you're slathering a kitchen condiment from the fridge on your face. Smells ah-freaking-mazing and it STAYS. A huge plus to any product is its smell and subsequent lasting power. I've used it only TWICE and I can honestly say that not only does my skin feel absolutely baby soft after, but also when I wake up the following morning, unlike usual facial products that don't have such long lasting after effects. For instance my chin and nose tend to feel really rough because I have large pores. After using this? Pretty close to baby smooth - a real improvement, anyway.

Cons: can't really think of any because I think it's definitely worth the price for the amount that you get - I only require three pumps for my whole face if I'm being generous. Maybe packaging? Seems a little flimsy for travel but whatever.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The first few times I tried it I wasn't sold. I was applying it then using a cotton round to remove it. This really irritated my skin. I have super sensitive skin. The skin expert at Lancôme said I should try rinsing it off. Voila! Worked like a charm! The formula is so gentle and doesn't leave my skin dry in this very harsh winter. She also told me to just use a toner in the morning without washing with cleanser. I use the pink toner by Lancome and my skin feels amazing. No tightness or irritation. It's super pricey but totally worth it if it saves my skin this winter! My skin is so soft too. The packaging is really nice. Lancôme really makes products that work and make you feel beautiful!

on 12/16/2013 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Excellent skin cleanser and makeup remover. I went to Sephora looking for a mild, milky cleanser to counteract the drying effects of my Retin-A cream. I wanted something gentle with no fragrance. I love the smooth feeling of this product; it's like a runny lotion. I need three pumps to coat my face fully and get off my mascara, and the bottle has lasted for a couple of months.

on 10/24/2013 4:59:00 PM

this thing devastated my face...this a pro-acne product, so comedogenic! i had pretty much clear face until I started using this thing and then BAM my face started getting random bumps everywhere, in particular on my chin. I was afraid of getting out of my house...This product is not for acne prone skin, it is extremely comedogenic...if u check the ingredients the first ones are water (ok) AND paraffinum liquidum AND isopropyl miristate (these 2 r so comedogenic)! I couldn't understand why I was all of a sudden getting blemishes so often, I thought my hormones just got crazy but then a pharmacist told me why...!
I must say I bought this last summer when my skin was so dry and this has helped reducing my dryness but on the other side it caused me all those bumps so I'm full of scars on my chin...DO NOT BUY THIS IF U HAVE ACNE PRONE SKIN...also, the price is ridicolously small for 400 ml so now I understand why, this **** is only meant to cause u acne. BIG disappointment.