Jane Iredale Oyster

2.5

Not tested on animals

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

So I was at a medspa and the counter lady had amazing looking eyeshadow. We started talking and she showed me the display of these eye shadows. She did my makeup and I loved it so I got the duo eyeshadow in oyster/supernova. I was excited since it was my first pressed mineral eye shadows. Well.. that was until I used it a couple of times. They seem to look wonderful at first but then they fade quickly. The packaging wasn't great and from opening and closing the lid it broke supernova. :-(... now I just have Oyster and I don't reach for it often. It's actually been a long time. I won't repurchase this again and I don't think it's worth the money. I might as well go to MAC.

Based on the great reviews of JI eyeshadows, I was sadly unimpressed by Oyster. It is the perfect color for me - offwhite with very fine multi-colored shimmer, that is not too silver and not too gold. It is my first mineral eyeshadow, and I tried many different application techniques, and the it worked the best when I first applied the Pure Pressed Base to my eyelid. The staying power was average, and it didn't really crease, but it seemed to just disappear from my crease. It also made my lids look crepey in the inner corners. Cargo eyeshadows do not do that to me. If anyone has any tips for me, I'd appreciate it - I so wanted to LOVE this!