L'Oreal Loreal Professionnel Silver shampoo

L'Oreal Loreal Professionnel Silver shampoo

3.8

on 3/21/2017 7:42:00 PM

Great for blond strips in darker hair!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Since going blonde in March last year, I've tried several purple shampoos and nothing compares to this!
My hair is dyed a very light ash blonde so brassiness is very noticeable. It was driving me crazy and I was almost at the point of changing my hair colour when I finally discovered this shampoo.

I wash my hair once a week (that's all it needs, and my hair is in much better condition since I started washing it less often) and I apply this shampoo to dry hair then leave it on for about 20 minutes before rinsing and conditioning. It does make my scalp feel ever so slightly itchy for about a day, but I've had no problems whatsoever with it drying my hair out.

That being said, my hair is in very good condition considering it has been processed, and I'm very strict with myself in terms of using quality products and using as little heat as possible. What I'm getting at is that your mileage may vary - I would definitely recommend doing a strand test to figure out how long to leave this product in your hair! If you have very porous hair, it's likely to turn lilac or very ashy.

In terms of price, I find it to be pretty good value. I have long, thick hair and the 500ml pump bottle lasted me 6 months.

I'm already on my 2nd bottle and will definitely repurchase again when I run out.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

It didn't really work that well the first couple of times I had it on. I did get some greyish silvery spots in my hair but not through out all of the areas that I had applied it. I might not have used it correctly though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this with high hopes being a professional shampoo. However I saw no difference in colour despite leaving it on for ages. It is extremely drying for my hair which is the last thing I need having dyed hair.

on 6/14/2016 8:09:00 AM

I have used this for about 2 weeks, and im left with very mixed feelings. There is no doubt that this is a really effective silvershampoo, and you will see results just by having it in your hair for 1-2 minutes.

My hair is very long and thin, but in good shape, after using this for the first time i swore i would never use it again, as my hair started to crumble due to dryness. This is really destroying my before beautiful ends.. I now only use it maybe once a week mixed with my matrix oil shampoo and a lot of conditioner afterwards! This is tough stuff!

The price is really fair though, and this does an amazing job for blondes, but to me, this is way to damaging to use often.

I have naturally sandy blonde hair but I've been dying it very light blonde for a while now. So i only bought this yesterday but i decided to give it a review already since I've used it once.

I had a bath last night and washed my hair with this and let it sit for 15 mins. I was going for silver/grey with a lilac undertone and it was perfect!!! The colour change was fairly subtle but still quite noticable. I really loved the result!

On one hand it did dry out my hair ever so slightly but i used a hair mask afterwards and it was silky smooth and the colour was gorgeous. Im going to use this again next time i wash and leave it in for maybe 10 mins and see if i can get that true silver/lilac/grey colour!
So far so good!

on 10/14/2015 4:42:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I have never used a silver shampoo before so I can't really compare this to any other product but I'll just tell my opinion about this. I got 500ml product for 17e so the price was on point but I guess it's way more expencive if it's not on sale. I held it in my hair for 1-2min and I could tell the difference after both times I used it, my hair had definitely a colder tint to it (I have naturally quite blonde hair but I have a lot of highlights to make it brighter). It didn't feel like it left my hair any drier after using the product which I've heard some silver shampoos do. So yeah I think I'll be repurchasing this one after I run out.

THIS IS THE ONE. Ive tried every blue shampoo and this one is better than the others. Its gentler on hair too. How long you leave it on is dependent on how porous your hair is. My pale blond hairhas been bleached for years and is very porous so I leave this on for maximum 5 minutes and, I use a timer to make sure!
Its a superb product and lasts a long time. Its actually for grey hair but works amazingly well for blind hair that has become a bit orangy or yellow...

Holy Jesus! I do prefer to but joico.. And well, joico does the job, but can be Hard to get all over your hair because of the texure.. This LOVELY schampoo i used for the first time today, and i was chocked by the texture, feels like a regulare schampoo = Easy to get in to you hair! Hurrrraaaay!
Did it damage my hair? LESS than joico. But as we All know.. After use of a silverschampo, you MUST use conditioner.
Did the yellow Tones go away? My boyfriend asked if i toned my hair - says it all to me.
Did use it as a regular schampoo, didn't leave it in for mor than 1 minute. THANK god, otherwise i might got a platina-blonde hair.)
If you are allergic (like me), be careful though.. You might get a itchy scalp otherwise.
I LOVE this schampoo!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I had my hair salon dyed platinum blonde (practically white), around 7 weeks ago. After a few washes, my hair began to get a yellowish tone to it. I tried out a few conditioners, none seemed to get my hair to the same white/platinum color that it was when I initially got it colored. After reading several rave reviews about Loreal silver shampoo, I decided to try it… let me just say, and I've only used it during one wash, it was not at all what I was expecting. The lathering process was fine, I think I left the shampoo on for about 2-3 minutes. I rinsed the shampoo out with no problem - I feared that my hair would be extremely dry/brittle etc - but it wasn't. My hair felt silky smooth and soft. The horror came when I looked in the mirror. My hair was completely lavender! This shampoo literally removed every trace of my platinum/yellowish blonde and replaced it with a lavender color. I was in complete shock. I had no idea that a shampoo could be potent enough to change a bleach blonde into a purple/lavenderish. I tried another shampoo, to remove the color - no such luck. Now, I can only hope that with time, plenty of sun, and a few wash sessions, I can get my hair back to the salon color that I purchased 7 weeks ago. Ugh.

Popular Shampoos