NARS Monoi Body Glow II

Monoi Body Glow II

4.2

on 10/21/2016 6:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I had no idea how incredible this NARS oil would be since I've always thought of them as a makeup brand. Who knew?! I've been using Le Labo bath gels, body lotions and other products for a couple of years now, so this was a roll of the dice, if you will. So glad I gave it a try!

I just ordered my 8th bottle and it's fair to say I am hooked! It's super hydrating, makes my skin look and feel incredibly healthy, and smells like I'm luxuriating in Bora-Bora. Not a bad way to start or end your day. Highly, highly recommended!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this on a whim as I adore the smell of monoi oil and I'm so glad I did.

I don't get on well with silicone primers, and have tried the Smashbox oil primer (which I liked a lot) so as this had a similar texture I decided to try it as a primer.

Holy crap. This stuff is amazing. I have used it twice a day for two weeks now and my skin has never looked or felt better.

In the evening, I cleanse with body shop chamomile balm and then soap. I then massage a few drops of this oil into my face, I try to really massage it in for around ten minutes. I find it really helps my eyes not look puffy in the morning if I do this. I then apply my (prescription) rosacea cream afterwards. This cream is hugely irritating but the oil lessens this. The oil sinks in well and my skin looks and feels glowy and gorgeous.

In the morning, I apply a drop to damp skin and use a damp RT sponge to blend all over. That just stops me over applying. I dry my hair or do something else until it's all sunk in (around 5 mins or so) and then apply make up as normal over the top. Genuinely, I've had so many compliments since I started doing this, that my skin looks so glowy and healthy, even and NOT RED!

For me, I haven't needed any other skin cream (I use powder SPF over the top of my make up) but in the winter I expect I will do. For now, I'm just so pleased to have found something that works so well on my skin!

Other things: the bottle looks pretty but I'd prefer a plastic bottle and dropper for ease. This is nicer than the body shop monoi oil, it smells slightly different and a little less oily if that makes sense.

I haven't used on my body and won't so it should last me a while, I wouldn't have bought this full price (£45!) but for the £14 I got this for I would.

on 11/13/2014 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Ok Let me see by a show of hands of people that just adores this body oil like me. (lol) This is one of the many things at first that did not impress me because I was literally looking for it to serve as a long lasting moisturizer. It is NOT a moisturizer, not that will last all day. So just emotionally prep yourself! It's purpose is to give you an even glow. When I first started using this, I would apply it to nicely waxed legs and arms then a couple hours later I was an "ashe muffin" You have to apply a moisturizer first or mix it. It smells beautiful that lasts all day, at least it does with my body chemistry. Everyone is different. If you're doing any special events and showing skin, try it. It makes your skin look amazing in photographs. Let me know your thoughts....

Try the Bronzing Oil also... beautiful in photos!!!!

www.TheLipstickBubble.com

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Amazing!!!!! Def a pamper yourself splurge item! What sold me on this product was the story behind it! The founder of nars is obsessed with an island in French Polynesia .. He created this beauty by submerging a bud of a tiare flower in pure coconut oil! I'm a nars addict so this is like a collectors item for me. The smell is Devine and for a girl like me who dosent get out much this allows me to escape to a exotic island :)

I got this as a X-Mas gift I had mentioned it to my fiance' and amazingly he found me a bottle. I have been in love with Monoi products from hair butter to other oils I have really found this product to be a very important part of my beauty routine. This oil has a lighter Tiare scent but is delicious none the less. i use it on my face because it's been getting so dry with this cold weather. It absorbs so well into my skin and takes away all the dryness and peeling that Retin A can cause with the cold. I use this anywhere I have a dry spot and it's fantastic.
I love the flower in the bottle it's a little bit of a pain because if you want to use it on your hair you don't want to pour it. So I dab out a little bit at a time. It makes my hair smell so good and soft.It's a great refresher for the hair as well.
I have been using Monoi in my hair for years now but this oil from NARS is just excellent. It's not as heavy as other products I have used. Also the benefits of coconut oil are well known especially for the hair and skin. This product makes my skin baby soft with no breakouts and I have acne prone skin. I find it to be quite soothing actually.
I highly recommend this because it is an excellent oil. For your face,elbows,hair, even as a perfume or base before a body glow like NARS has is perfect for this. Easy 5 lippie product and a must try because it has so many excellent uses. Will buy again but I have barely made a dent a little goes a long way so it is worth the money because it lasts so long.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After repurchasing my 2nd bottle, it was time to update my review. I've had both kinds - glow and the regular oil. I'd give the glow/bronze oil 3.5 stars and the regular oil 4 stars (although I'm leaning for 5!) the scents are both the same but the glow oil is supposed to leave a bronzey shimmery effect. However I have problems with this because unless you give it adequate drying time it stains everything - furniture, clothes.

First off I don't think the Monoi oil is a must have for anyone. I buy and use my NARS one for the occasional pick me up, whenever I feel the need to pamper and indulge. Because of the price I'm not slathering it on everyday - although I wish I could. It's a truly luxurious product.

Packaging - glass bottle which with oils can be a yikes situation. At the very end of my first bottle I finally managed to drop it from my vanity to a hardwood floor. I was shocked to see that only the top was broken - the bottle and remaining oil were still completely usable. The bottle is quite heavy glass. Note that the product does solidify at a certain temperature (I believe around 72 degrees?) but running it under a faucet of running water will bring it back to runny oil.

I buy this mainly for the scent. It's so luxurious. It smells like the upscale classy version of coconuts. You get that Hawaii coconut smell mixed in with gardenia and flowers and its so sexy and exotic. Next time you are at a NARS counter smell it!

While I've heard of girls using this on their face I personally don't. I use it as a body moisturizer and afterwards I use the excess on my hands to swipe through my hair. Honestly, while the NARS Monoi oil may be lavishly moisturizing so are many products - the Body Shop Monoi Oil, Dr Hauschka rose oil, Kiehl Creme de Corps, etc.

The scent lasts decently well - but I'm not expecting longevity here since its not a perfume. However I still catch whiffs of the Monoi oil after its been on my skin for 6 or so hours.

Overall, you probably don't need this. You can try the Body Shop Monoi Oil which is very much the same thing (minus the beautiful glass bottle) for a fraction of the price. But if you want to indulge and feel lavish, then buy the NARS for those special occasions.

Tip - The Body Shop sells a very very similar monoi oil - in the Spa Polynesian collection. It's about 25 dollars or so and a lovely daily use alternative of the NARS. Try it :)

on 7/24/2012 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Intensely delicious scent! But very expensive. It's the scent of gardenia mixed w/something else I can't quite pinpoint. Maybe that's the pure scent of monoi oil, but since I noticed that all monoi products have added fragrance to them, it's hard to tell what real monoi (or tiare flower) is supposed to smell like - I was disappointed to find that various monoi products all smell different. For instance, Yves Rocher Monoi de Tahiti smells close to Nars but it has a sharper gardenia scent - something about Nars is different. And other monoi products smell like bright florals such as lilac & hyacinth, strangely enough.

The first monoi I ever smelled was Nars & that's what I fell in love with - all other monoi alternatives have to measure up to it. So far, none surpass the delicate yet sultry fragrance of Nars. The oil is very lightweight, non-greasy, & absorbs into the skin quickly. Very enjoyable to use on skin (have yet to try it in my hair), feels like a rich experience, but unpleasantly expensive....hence my hunt for less costly alternatives....none of which smell exactly like it. I love the little tiare flowers in the bottle.

I received a delux sample of this a couple of weeks ago and its wonderful. I'm a user of Elemis Moisture Melt but I find that this tends to sit on the skin. The Nars Monoi Body Glow sinks into the skin straight away and doesn't leave it greasy at all. The smell is subtle but every now and again you get a whiff of it and it reminds you of a hot day on the beach. At first its quite warm and woody however when it settles it smells more creamy which I love.

The delux sample that I received is actually a really good size and considering you don't need to use a lot I think it will last me a long time - long enough for me to save up for the full size version!

LOVE this product!!! <3 This is great for all over the body, hair, face, etc... The smell is Beautiful and not overbearing. I recommend this to all my customers ~ Living in HAWAII we know that the Polynesian's have some of the BEST kept Beauty Secrets... Monoi is a product of the Coconut. And coconut is proven to do wonders for the body and skin.

on 11/26/2011 4:19:00 PM

I cannot recommend this product highly enough; it has done wonders for my skin. A traveling NARS makeup artist was visiting my local counters, and I asked her what her favorite products were; this was one she recommended that I never, ever would have considered purchasing on my own. A $60 body oil? No thanks, I'd used Neutrogena's for years and was plenty happy with it. I can't explain what happened next, but long story short, I walked out of the store with it, curious and with a bit of buyer's remorse.

That didn't last long. This stuff smells like heaven, but the scent fades quickly enough to let me use whichever perfume I prefer. And it makes my skin so incredibly soft without clogging my pores or breaking me out; some body oils break me out on my upper arms, and forget about using them on my face. At the suggestion of the woman who recommended this product to me, I used a tiny bit on my dry facial skin. It did not break me out, and in fact, has been preventing breakouts since I started using it! She said that it has antimicrobial properties, and I'm willing to believe her, since my skin has been amazingly clear since I started using this. I've also used a few drops of it in my hair with excellent results.

Because of the price, I've stopped using it on my entire body. However, it has become an indispensable part of my skincare regimen. I am blessed with great skin, but as I get a little older, it takes more and more to keep it looking its best; it has a tendency to dry out, and I used to get a pimple about once a month or so, and it was always a whopper. I started using this every night under my moisturizer, and it has helped my skin so much! Sometimes I'll fall out of the habit for a few days, and without fail, the first morning I wake up after using it again, I notice how glowing and fresh my skin looks. Using the oil this way, one bottle lasts me more than a year, making this much more affordable. I try to get my backup during Sephora's VIB 20% sale. I've tried The Body Shop's Monoi Oil as a dupe, and it's too thick to use on my face, although it's great on areas that aren't prone to breakouts. The scent is stronger, too, which is great if you like it, not as great if you prefer your own perfumes.

Ok, sorry for the long review, but I love this product! It is seriously underrated. Even if you can't justify spending this kind of money on a bath or body oil (the most common complaint I hear about it), please consider its other applications; if you have dry skin but are concerned about clogging your pores with heavy moisturizers, this may be an HG product. I've tried a bunch of similar products, and this is incomparably gentle and effective.

Popular Body Skincare Products