Kanebo Face Brush

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

💖 I use this brush as a finishing blush because of its wider coverage and the cloudy plushness that just makes me smile. Because it is less dense that Chikuhodo Z-1, it is more feathery so you have to do the circular motion quite a few times unless you have heavier pigmented blush colour. Lunasol Powder Brush N is made from hair collected on the ground from blue squirrel (in 2011) and now in April 2017 [RM254] from mixture of gray squirrel and goat according to ther their website: www.lunasol-net.com. Difference is in the colour of the bristles whereby the mixed hair is dyed pitch balck compared to just pure dark brown/hazel blue squirrel hair only. Softness wise you can only feel the difference if you forcibly tap the tip against your cheeks, otherwise in strippling or circular motions, more psychological difference in softnest i guess 😍

My recommendations if you wish to feel:-
Velvety medium dense brush: Chikuhodo Z-1 (US$146), Z-8 (US$96)
Super soft yet heavenly dense brush: koyudo Fu-pa 14 (US$110) and 01 (US$39)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Seriously - this is high quality stuff. I am not kidding - I have had this brush (actually 2 of them so I had already re-purchased) since the late 1980ies (sic!) and used it extensively (this goes for the eye shadow brush as well). At that time the handle was made from a transparent china red plastic, very 80ies indeed. It still looks like new. I take very good care of my brushes, but still - we are talking about 20 years of heavy duty use... In my stash I also have brushes from other brands (e.g. MAC, Bobbi Brown, Chanel, Youngblood) as well. It will be interesting to see how they compare when I have had them as long as the Kanebo ones :-). This brush is a natural hair brush (I cannot remember what hair but it could be sable) and I have used in primarily as a blush brush.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This brush is great. It looks quite small, so I bought it initially to use for blush. The bristles are super soft and the long handle looks very elegant, although I could live with it being slightly shorter, since it's kind of hard to fit it into my makeup bags. Anyway, I've started using this brush for my mineral foundation (Everyday Minerals, great, great products). I felt doubtful it would work at first, since this brush is nothing like a kabuki, nor is it very big. But I was wrong. This works great as a face brush for minerals, and its small size is actually ideal to use in the EM lid. I "pump" the bristles full of minerals and then apply like I would do with a kabuki, only this brush actually controlls application much better. Despite its size it can hold the same amount of minerals as the EM kabuki. I'm so glad I gave it a go with EM!

Popular Makeup Brushes