Kanebo Face Brush

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

💖 If you wish:
(1) to feel beautiful in cloudy plushness when getting ready to look your best;
(2) to blend your loose/pressed powder for a refine natural look,

AND you don't have the luxury/opportunity to buy the uber premium brushes like Chikuhodo, Suqqu or RMK, then you should invest in this Lunasol Powder Brush N [RM220 back in 2011, now RM233 in 2017].

I read that Kanebo's Lunasol Powder Brush N is made from hair collected on the ground from blue squirrel (then in 2011 when i first bought it) and now in April 2017 from mixture of gray squirrel and goat according to ther their website: www.lunasol-net.com. i can't feel the difference between the two types of natural-bristles brushes because they are both super soft. After 6 more years of hard-earned cash, i budgeted and bought the 2nd brush as backup set for when i wash the first set of brush (including others) & lay flat for 2 days before keeping them on standby until I need to wash the backup set.

Personally i love this brush because the length is comfortable yet travel-size handy and most importantly, it gives me a more softer application as if my skin is ivory-smooth without obvious powder on 😍

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Seriously - this is high quality stuff. I am not kidding - I have had this brush (actually 2 of them so I had already re-purchased) since the late 1980ies (sic!) and used it extensively (this goes for the eye shadow brush as well). At that time the handle was made from a transparent china red plastic, very 80ies indeed. It still looks like new. I take very good care of my brushes, but still - we are talking about 20 years of heavy duty use... In my stash I also have brushes from other brands (e.g. MAC, Bobbi Brown, Chanel, Youngblood) as well. It will be interesting to see how they compare when I have had them as long as the Kanebo ones :-). This brush is a natural hair brush (I cannot remember what hair but it could be sable) and I have used in primarily as a blush brush.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This brush is great. It looks quite small, so I bought it initially to use for blush. The bristles are super soft and the long handle looks very elegant, although I could live with it being slightly shorter, since it's kind of hard to fit it into my makeup bags. Anyway, I've started using this brush for my mineral foundation (Everyday Minerals, great, great products). I felt doubtful it would work at first, since this brush is nothing like a kabuki, nor is it very big. But I was wrong. This works great as a face brush for minerals, and its small size is actually ideal to use in the EM lid. I "pump" the bristles full of minerals and then apply like I would do with a kabuki, only this brush actually controlls application much better. Despite its size it can hold the same amount of minerals as the EM kabuki. I'm so glad I gave it a go with EM!

Popular Makeup Brushes