77%
package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I bought this because I wanted a lip balm with SPF. This stuff is amazing!! I love the scent and the fact that it has NO sweet taste!!!! It moisturized my lips well but i do find that you need to reapply often (which i don't mind). Nice texture and great for wearing alone or under lipstick. This is definitely better than the overrated Smith's rose bud salve and at a fraction of the price. I bought 2 of these and will definitely been getting more when i run out!! And you can't beat the $2 price tag!!!

About reviewer (913 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

2.0

4 years ago

Okay, but smell bad.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

3.0

7 years ago

This is good, but my Softlips in Vanilla is definitely sexier! I like having kissable lips, and I prefer vanilla to this berry flavor.

About reviewer (315 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

7 years ago

This is a very nice quality and inexpensive lipbalm that actually works on my lips. However, this berry fragrance is way too nauseating for me to use.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Dry, Medium

HairBlack

7 years ago

It smells really good. It's fruity with a faint scent of the blistex lip medex. I got it at Family Dollar for $1 and if was def worth it. It makes my lips smooth and I can tell that it really moisturizes them. And it also makes them look great.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesGray

from

8 years ago

I like Blistex in general and have tried many of their lip products, but this is one of my favorites because of the scent. It has the same great moisturizing properties as the regular lipbalm with spf 15 or the mint medicated lip balm, but I will continue to purchase the berry balm over the other two just because I love the scent so much. I also love that it has spf 15 in it and will never wear another lip balm during the day without it.

About reviewer (118 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

8 years ago

I keep losing these so I keep repurchasing. Better than Chapstick by a mile. Immediate effect, berry sweetness, and a cooling mint after sensation. No waxy feeling at all after application. Not much more you can ask for in a lip balm

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBlack

EyesBlack

8 years ago

This is the second best lip chap I've used, the first being the Blistex Medex. It is easy gliding on the lips, making it smooth,soft, and supple after applying. I also love the feeling of this on my lips, for it is not heavy and just feels very natural + matte after using. Great product for dry, cracked, chapped lips and is extremely affordable (bought it for 1.50$). (took off 1 lippie because I do not like the artificial scent that smells sort of like cough syrup but at least it smells better than the medicated ingredients from the Blistex Medex, but overall, both are great lip chaps).

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

3.0
from

8 years ago

<strong>PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:</strong> Blistex Medicated Berry Lip Balm helps temporarily relieve chapped or cracked lips, protect lips from the drying effects of wind and cold weather, and prevent sunburn. Its easy glide formula also soothes irritated lips. Dry, Chapped Lips: Blistex Lip Balm has three long-lasting protectants, and it seals in lip moisture to prevent drying of lip tissue. It glides on comfortably to provide complete coverage and avoid further irritation of chapped lips. Sun Protection: Blistex Lip Balm provides SPF 15 protection. Remember, Lips don't tan, but they do burn. Directions: Use frequently for lip protection against the harmful effects of sun, wind and cold. See carton for details. Caution: Avoid contact with eyes. Discontinue use if signs of rash or irritation appear. Limiting sun exposure, wearing protective clothing, and using sunscreens may reduce the risks of skin aging, skin cancer and other harmful effects of the sun. <strong>MY THOUGHTS:</strong> While organizing the washroom, I discovered an opened package of three assorted 4.25 g Blistex Medicated Lip Balms (Regular, Mint and Berry). Since the Regular was already gone and my boyfriend opted to take the Mint, I was left with the Berry. The packaging consists of an opaque fuschia tube with a screw bottom to control the amount of product dispensed. The salmon pink balm itself is quite slippery, thus a minute amount of product will suffice which also means this balm will last a while. In addition, it contains a subtle chemical fragrance that is suppose to mimic berries, although not successfully. When using this lip balm, I did notice a faint pink stain on the rim of white beverage cups and utensils. So, despite its longevity throughout the day, periodic reapplication will be required. A majority of the ingredients in this formulation are occlusive agents (i.e., petrolatum, waxes, oils and silicones) which increase the moisture in the skin by providing a physical barrier to epidermal water loss. However, when combined with emolients (i.e., lanolin, mineral oil) it reduces the heavy feeling on skin by increasing lubrication. <strong>ACTIVE INGREDIENTS:</strong> Padimate O 6.6% w/w (sunscreen), Oxybenzone 2.5% w/w (sunscreen), Dimethicone 2% w/w (skin protectant). <strong>OTHER INGREDIENTS:</strong> Beeswax, Camphor, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Euphoria Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Flavors, Isopropyl Myristate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Stearate, Lanolin, Lanolin Oil, Menthol, Methylparaben, Mineral Oil, Ozokerite, Paraffin, Petrolatum, Polybutene, Propylparaben, Red 6 Lake, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Titanium Dioxide. <strong>MYSELF:</strong> I'm an Euro-Canadian with combination and sensitive skin that is prone to clogged pores (Baumann skin type: OSPW).

About reviewer (123 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

8 years ago

As expected, Blistex did not disappoint with this product. It's important to have an SPF in a lip balm, and the scent is not, without being over-powering. It glides on smoothly, and doesn't dry out. It keeps my lips mousturized and healthy during the harshest winter weather.

About reviewer (171 reviews)

Age36-43