Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cream

Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cream

3.6

This has been an excellent winter moisturizer. It hasn't clogged my pores of led to breakouts. I don't use nightly, so that may not hold true for people who are more prone to clogged pores. It feels thick, but soaks in really quickly and doesn't lead to an oil slick meltdown in my oilier t-zone. I haven't worn it under makeup, so I can't attest to how well it goes over the top of this.

on 11/9/2016 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Rich and moisturising but light enough not to create any problems for my combo/oily skin. I find that this moisturiser sinks in quite well but does leave a slight tacky feeling so I only use at night. It is fairly expensive and I didn't see any other benefits to my skin besides hydration so I wouldn't purchase again.

on 7/14/2016 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I had a couple of generous samples of the Goat's Milk Cream. For your reference, I have dry skin, aging-well. This cream burned upon application. That sensation went away quickly but this did not sink in like I would have expected. After 20 minutes, my face felt tight, definitely not moisturized.

on 6/17/2016 2:34:00 PM

Excellent product, my combo-oily skin loves this.

This cream is wonderful. Rich and hydrating without being greasy. Never irritating. Never clogs my pores. And it's light enough on my skin that I can use it in the day as well as at night.

At first, I thought this was just a basic and straightforward moisturizer. But over time, my skin started to look smoother, brighter, just prettier! Great stuff.

I would absolutely buy this again. Highly Recommended!

on 5/21/2016 6:16:00 AM

I deleted my old five star review for this, used to be a nice very gentle soothing basic cream with good ingredients. Well they changed the formula and quite frankly cheapened it. They added water it smells funny and burned-- hated it. Returned.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I was recommended this by a friend who has beautiful skin and uses this. I have pretty dry dehydrated skin, but not so dry that it flakes or anything, it's just dull and feels dry. I cringed at the price but I am so happy I got it. The dispenser is a bit weird but it's clean and stops oxygen from getting in and spoiling the product, so that's a good thing. The packaging is really cute, good for travelling as it is under the 100ml mark. A little goes a long way with this, it is quite thin but super hydrating and feels really nice. Fantastic to use at night, if you use it during the day I would recommend giving it a little bit of time to soak in and if you're wearing make up, just blot away any excess that is left on your skin. I believe this would be fine to use on sensitive skin and not cause breakouts, perhaps don't apply a huge amount if you have oily skin. Will be repurchasing!

on 3/25/2016 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I liked the moisture provided, but I broke out big-time from this moisturizer. Stopped using, and tried once more with the same result.

on 2/21/2016 6:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using this for a month now and it's just ok on my dry/sensitive skin. I can use it at night and it's fine. But I cannot wear this in the morning. My foundations just don't go on smoothly over this. Right now I'm using Bobbi Brown stick foundation.

on 12/20/2015 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Started out great but after a week, my skin was dry and hurting. Awful.

This is the only moisturizer I have found to calm my skin. I have perioral dermatitis and constant underlying redness and dehydration. So many products either inflame my skin, cause it to break out or both. This only breaks me out when used alone in the heat of summer (CA, dry and hot). If I need to thin it down a bit (because it is quite rich), I mix it with my everyday moisturizer (First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Oil-Free Mattifying Gel Moisturizer). With this combination, my skin is sufficiently nourished, but not clogged. Plus something in this actually moderately reduces some inflammation. As long as this is available, I am happy to keep purchasing.
Edit: Does slightly clog pores after several continued days of use. Really good for dry weather and switching with lighter moisturizers in between uses.