3.6

price range

Reviews

3.0

5 days ago

This has such a good reputation within skincare blogs but I don't see what all the fuss is about. I didn't find it thick, I thought it was quite light. Liked the packaging which was hygienic meaning you don't have to out your hands in pot. Just an average mosturiser, not worth the £55 I paid for it!

About reviewer (54 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

2.0

a year ago

This wasn't a hit for me, but most moisturizers aren't. This is overpriced. I enjoyed the smell, clean light, and floral. It worked great on my lips and made my fine lines soften, but ultimately broke me out. This is a HEAVY moisturizer. Beware. The packaging is chic. I returned.

About reviewer (236 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

2.0

a year ago

I LOVE other products in the Kate Somerville line but not this. I was very disappointed as I wanted to try this for a long time. There are so many cheaper ranges for sensitive skin. I imagine that people who do not want to benefit from technology and progress would like this kind of basic 1980s/'natural' because its poorly absorbing and poorly hydrating cream. Definetely not worth the price.

About reviewer (182 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

First let me clarify that there have been two formulations of this product. I like the NEW formulation of the product because it does not contain fragrance like the first formulation did. Just beware of the two formulations before you purchase because they can have some major differences: the original formula contained aloe as it's first ingredient, and actual goat milk as the second. The new formula contains water as the main ingredient and Ethylhexyl Palmitate as the second. The new formula doesn't quite feature the &quot;Goat Milk&quot; as the star of the product anymore. This is fine with me because goat milk really hasn't been proven to be more hydrating than any other ingredients out there. This is a nice cream hydrator that is great for me to use during the long Minnesota winter. For those with more oily skin this may be too much to use during the day but perhaps at nighttime or before bed would work. I am a huge fan of the airless jar packaging which protects the product and its ingredients from air and light exposure. The one thing I am not certain of is if Goat Milk actually has more benefits than other ingredients. I couldn't find much actual research about it's benefits. Thankfully they have added several oils such as jojoba, sunflower seed, avocado, and coconut so this is a well rounded moisturizer. This definitely a nice hydrating cream, especially for people that have very dry skin. For those that are prone to breakouts or acne, I would be very careful when using this because this does contain so many oils that could cause breakouts. My video review is here: <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/hab-wf-5qb0"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/hab-wf-5qb0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (702 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

3 years ago

Like this especially for night time, it is a bit thick for day but not too bad under a powder/powder foundation and concealer. I have not tried this under a liquid foundation or liquid BB/Tinted moisturizer. No breakouts at all, my combo/breakout prone skin feels very soft and moisturized. Not sure how I feel about the scent, it doesn't seem to be purposely added scent, it's like a weird chemical/light alcohol smell that disappears almost immediately. Didn't go well layered with any other moisturizer (tried it with my clinique pore refiner and my t zone was way too greasy) as it's too rich for this. Great for use alone or as a night cream. Would repurchase.

About reviewer (966 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

3 years ago

This has been an excellent winter moisturizer. It hasn't clogged my pores of led to breakouts. I don't use nightly, so that may not hold true for people who are more prone to clogged pores. It feels thick, but soaks in really quickly and doesn't lead to an oil slick meltdown in my oilier t-zone. I haven't worn it under makeup, so I can't attest to how well it goes over the top of this.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3.0

3 years ago

Rich and moisturising but light enough not to create any problems for my combo/oily skin. I find that this moisturiser sinks in quite well but does leave a slight tacky feeling so I only use at night. It is fairly expensive and I didn't see any other benefits to my skin besides hydration so I wouldn't purchase again.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

1.0

4 years ago

I had a couple of generous samples of the Goat's Milk Cream. For your reference, I have dry skin, aging-well. This cream burned upon application. That sensation went away quickly but this did not sink in like I would have expected. After 20 minutes, my face felt tight, definitely not moisturized.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

1.0

4 years ago

I deleted my old five star review for this, used to be a nice very gentle soothing basic cream with good ingredients. Well they changed the formula and quite frankly cheapened it. They added water it smells funny and burned-- hated it. Returned.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

4 years ago

I was recommended this by a friend who has beautiful skin and uses this. I have pretty dry dehydrated skin, but not so dry that it flakes or anything, it's just dull and feels dry. I cringed at the price but I am so happy I got it. The dispenser is a bit weird but it's clean and stops oxygen from getting in and spoiling the product, so that's a good thing. The packaging is really cute, good for travelling as it is under the 100ml mark. A little goes a long way with this, it is quite thin but super hydrating and feels really nice. Fantastic to use at night, if you use it during the day I would recommend giving it a little bit of time to soak in and if you're wearing make up, just blot away any excess that is left on your skin. I believe this would be fine to use on sensitive skin and not cause breakouts, perhaps don't apply a huge amount if you have oily skin. Will be repurchasing!

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool