L'Oreal Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation

L'Oreal Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 3% , Zinc Oxide 5%. Talc, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Carnauba Wax, Cetyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisocetyl Citrate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My skin is oily but sometimes gets very dried out (which is odd). It's like my skin is bipolor. I got a very light color and it kept my skin nice and matte, and looking perfect. Stayed forever and melted on my face but I did notice a bit of breakouts so I won't buy again.

Staying power was terrible. Packaging was the worst!!! Though it went on nicely with good coverage, shine was a problem by lunchtime and at the end of the day it had settled into my pores and creases and just looked tired. Looked absolutely BEAUTIFUL at first but that died out too quick for me to want to repurchase it.

To Read all 1091 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Ivory color was ok but almost too dark for me. By the time I had enough layers on my face for decent coverage, my skin was incredibly cakey and powdery looking. A couple of hours later, oil had taken over and the coverage was gone from my chin, cheeks, and nose, leaving polka-dotted pores behind.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This has been a godsend to my skin! I love the natural look I get from it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I think it should be known that this is called "L'oreal True Match Mineral Foundation" now.
Overall Rating: 4/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Combo, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE: $12-16, which is a bit expensive for a drugstore to be honest :/
COVERAGE: This gives phenomenal coverage for a MMU. Light-High Medium, not quite full, but close. It definitely covers all my scars and discoloration, but as others have said before, this won't cover any large active blemishes- atleast not completely. You really dont need a lot of product to reach the high medium it gives.
FINISH: Very soft-powder matte finish, but still gives that sheen in the sunlight that most MMU's give, which is why I like MMU.
TEXTURE: I know I have claimed other foundations to be "light" and, "I can't even feel its there!" but when i say that, I usually mean that Its barely detectable, but I can still feel it. However, this is TRULY weightless, and soft.
SCENT: No scent
SPF: 19
LASTING POWER: When I used to have really oily skin in highschool, this didnt work for me. It was a greasy, gloppy mess after 2 hours. Now that I have more combination/sensitive skin, it actually lasts a decent amount of time. I put it on at 11 yesterday and it was still there at 8, and i only touched up once. So if you have very oily skin, this probably wont work out for you. And same goes to those with very dry skin, unless you use a thick moisturizer underneath
SHADES: I have W3 natural beige and it works alright, i think this line really could use some more shades.
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: Nope! Gentle formula, just as it claims.
PACKAGING: As everyone else has complained, the brush is pointless. I have no intention of using it. I wish they had skipped the brush and just put the product in a normal jar, with a sifter and a sealer for the sifter.
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: no just because i have found something i like a bit more
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: One other thing I appreciate about this mineral makeup is they do provide quite a bit of product compared to other MMU's. You get 10 grams of product, which is more than Bare Minerals gives you. PLUS a little goes a long way, so this jar should last me a long time!
FINAL VERDICT: I think this is the best drugstore MMU

I think this was my first foray into mineral makeup, and I was disappointed. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Well, when I first used it, I found the built-in brush to be a bit itchy, and it didn't buff the product into my face as well as I would've liked. I got a different brush & it got better. I found that it gave me semi-matte finish but with the alleged "glow" that came with wearing MMU. However, after several hours of wearing it, I saw that it oxidized on me and turned rather orangey. So turns out I was given the wrong shade, despite my telling the SA that I'm acidic. Also, it turned cakey on some areas of my face and broke me out on some parts. I suppose my only consolation is that it wasn't thay expensive, but still, it would take a couple of years after before I tried loose MMU again.

on 2/3/2015 1:16:00 PM

I love this product because it is super easy to use. It lasts quite a long time too. I really like the finish it has on skin. It's luminous but at the same time looking very natural. Only downside is that the bush that comes with it isn't very soft but still quite functional. I totally recommend it to someone who's just starting wearing makeup and also doesn't have too much time to spend on getting ready in the mornings.

on 10/24/2014 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The recent version of this product has been reformulated and the color selection is less than what it was when they introduced it to the market. I used to use W-4 and now it is W-4&5, which is still perfect as it follows the True Match Technology so the shades are basically adaptable to your skin tone. These minerals are the best in the market for oily skins. They do not oxidize and they do not melt away. The ingredients are not completely pure but they contain elements that are good for oily skins. The product does look very natural and perfect in the pictures. On and off, I use a primer underneath but if depending on the season or my skin condition, a primer may not be necessary. The powder is buildable and can cover all of the flaws without the necessity of a concealer. So comparing this with the well known powders of MAC and mineral powders of Bare Minerals, this does a much better job at 1/3 of the price. L'Oreal is a great company and I think it did a great job on this product. Hopefully, they will not discontinue it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The packaging seemed really useful at first, but it quickly became very apparent that it is wasteful and unhygienic instead.

The coverage was ok, nothing special, but the worst part is how badly it dried out my skin. We're talking make-up colored flakes appearing an hour after application. Gross.

The price is average but the amount of make-up seems small for the price. I pay the same amount (about $15) for Neutrogena Mineral Powder and the compact lasts me about 5 months or so. Plus I can easily clean my powder brush without damaging the product.

All in all, nope. Don't recommend for combination skin because it will accentuate your dry areas, even if you moisturized before application.

I love powder foundations but I just don't know what happened with this one. I read all the reviews on here and bought this product in 4 different shades. Regardless of which color I tried, no matter how dark, the all looked like white powder on my face. Essentially very, very chalking. I will be returning tomorrow!