RIMMEL Natural Bronzer - 21 Sun Light

Filtered by hair type : Straight
RIMMEL Natural Bronzer - 21 Sun Light
Natural Bronzer - 21 Sun LightNatural Bronzer - 21 Sun Light

4.2

NATURAL BRONZER (SHADES 021, 022) INGREDIENTS: TALC, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, POLYBUTYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, ACRYLATES COPO- LYMER, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, METHYLPARABEN, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, PROPYLPARABEN, ETHY- LENE/VA COPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINERALE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, ALOE METHYLPROPIONAL, BEN- ZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYL- PARABEN [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-:MICA (CI 77019), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)]. NATURAL BRONZER (SHADE 027) INGREDIENTS: TALC, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, METHYLPARABEN, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, PROPYLPARABEN, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINERALE, PARFUM/ FRAGRANCE, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-: MICA (CI 77019), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), ULTRAMARINES (CI77007)].

Loved the color and the formula but it broke me out with milia bumps each single time I've tried it. Such a shame. My cheeks are very sensitive btw so not a big surprise. Had to give it away.
Pros: lovely warm bronzing shade suited my olive undertones pretty well; blends quite nicely; very affordable;
So-so: kind of powdery
Cond: broke me out; packaging is too cheap to handle, wouldn't travel with this for sure also there is no mirror

This bronzer creates such a beautiful glow! Loooooove it!

PACKAGING: Cheap feeling, but it looks nice and works well. No complaints.

FORMULA: Easy to apply, super easy to blend, not patchy, streaky, chalky, or powdery. This adds a gorgeous, sun kissed warm look to the face. (I guess that's why Rimmel based the names on the Sun) Pigmented, but not harsh. Not something that will work as a contouring product.

LONGEVITY: Very impressed. It doesn't fade at all until around 10 hours of wear, which I consider to be all day. For reference, I have normal-oily, acne prone skin.

COLOR & SCENT: Really happy with this color in Sun Light. It's more of an orangey toned bronzer, and it complements my skin tone very well! (Fair, neutral undertones) It smells like powder haha but in a pleasant, subtle way.

Overall, this is such a nice bronzer! Natural, sun kissed, and glowy.

on 6/3/2015 4:44:00 PM

I'm going to keep this short and... not so sweet.

1. The shade does not appear on my skin at all, even if I pile it on. Sometimes it does show up, but it happens once every full moon haha. It's too sheer for my liking.

2. The shade is slightly too orange for my liking,

3. Definitely not matte. I don't know if different countries have different formulations but in Finland the product does have some shimmer in it (which you can't really detect on the skin but I'd want it to be completely matte)

4. It feels very waxy to touch. Now I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing but I personally don't like it.

I'll still use it because I'm far too lazy to buy an overpriced bronzer right now (seriously, Finland needs to step its drugstore game up! High street and luxury are basically the same price everywhere smh) but if I could be bothered I'd definitely throw this in the trash and buy something else. Such a disappointment especially after hearing Lisa Eldridge say that this is a great bronzer in one of her latest tutorials.

on 6/2/2015 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am happy with this bronzer but I definitely haven't found my holy grail bronzer yet. 😓I love the price point, around $8, you can't beat it for the amount of product you get. Can be used for a light, natural glow or built up for a more intense contour. Looks great on fair- skinned beauties, not sure if it'd even show up on darker skin tones. My guess is no. I like the fact it's not a glitter bomb. Very natural. I'm happy but I'm still on the hunt for something... More perfect I guess you could say. This compact is great for traveling. Overall great value! I've had mine quite awhile and there's still a ton left even though I've hit the middle of the pan. Pick it up!! You won't regret it!!

on 1/11/2015 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love it! Had to try it seeing as I'm a bronzer junkie and it had such great reviews. It's a matte bronzer, which I love, and this is the lightest shade but it's actually not that light, but it's great for pink/cool toned skin types. Not sure if this is light enough for very fair skin (try physicians formula "light bronzer" mosaic compact , also matte and very light and natural).

The packaging is not my fav because it's cheap and flimsy but I just use a different bronzer compact for travel/in my purse for touch ups. It's a great product and very affordable ($8CADapprox) so I don't mind the fact that it's not travel-friendly, I don't usually touch up my bronzer anyways!:)

on 10/26/2014 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is an awesome drugstore buy! Great basic bronzer, whether I wanna just throw some on without any other makeup just for a little color or with makeup to make my cheekbones pop! I also use it for my eyelids just to brighten up my eyes real quick without having to take the time to use eyeshadow. I also love how it stays on for so long, no breakouts either. :)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Perfect bronzer....reasonably priced, in fact, downright cheap! (I got mine with a coupon at CVS for under $5!) finely milled bronzer that imparts a soft glow to the skin. I am certain that the pigment isn't as intense as Guerlain, but this color is buildable and long lasting. I am a N20-25 and Sun Light is the most natural with my tone. Love it and will repurchase.

Seriously, why pay a fortune for a bronzer, when you can just nip down to your local drugstore and pick up this little gem? Yes, the packaging sucks and is very flimsy. I'm often afraid it'll crack or break when I open it, but for the price, the product cannot be beat. It can be quite dark on my pale skin if I am not careful, but if applied lightly, it just looks so lovely.

on 3/11/2014 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this bronzer. It was one of the first bronzers I ever bought and honestly I keep reaching for it again and again even though I've acquired supposedly better (more expensive) stuff. It's great for an all-over bronze or for contouring because it's not too muddy or orange-looking. Very "natural" as the product promises!! It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin either and it's dirt cheap -- those two qualities are hard to find in one product.

The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging (lid always comes off; hard to travel with; flimsy). Also, it's the perfect not too dark shade for me, as a super pale N10-15 or so, but if you're much darker you might find that this isn't too pigmented. You can just pick up one of the darker shades though if that's the case!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a great bronzer for my fair skin. It's matte, and just a little on the warm side. I'm pretty sure it's the lightest of Rimmel's matte bronzers. I like to use it as a true bronzer, to warm up my face a bit where the sun would hit. (back of cheekbones, temples, touch on nose and chin) It's easy to apply with a fluffy brush and blends out easily. It's soft but not too powdery, and not as dry as NYC Sunny. The only thing I don't like is the packaging, I would much prefer a flip open top, and it feels a little cheap. I use it pretty much daily, and I would definitely repurchase.