RIMMEL Natural Bronzer - 21 Sun Light

RIMMEL Natural Bronzer - 21 Sun Light
Natural Bronzer - 21 Sun LightNatural Bronzer - 21 Sun Light

NATURAL BRONZER (SHADES 021, 022) INGREDIENTS: TALC, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, POLYBUTYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, ACRYLATES COPO- LYMER, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, METHYLPARABEN, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, PROPYLPARABEN, ETHY- LENE/VA COPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINERALE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, ALOE METHYLPROPIONAL, BEN- ZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYL- PARABEN [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-:MICA (CI 77019), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)]. NATURAL BRONZER (SHADE 027) INGREDIENTS: TALC, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, METHYLPARABEN, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, PROPYLPARABEN, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINERALE, PARFUM/ FRAGRANCE, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-: MICA (CI 77019), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), ULTRAMARINES (CI77007)].

This product pleasantly surprised me!

It was a great price, you get lots and it lasts for a long time.

Goes on well and lightly, so you can build your bronze, rather than trying to buff some off (as you do with some bronzers).

I like that is barely has any shimmer to it... just the right amount.
Enough to catch the light and look nice without looking like a craft store exploded on your face.
It's matte enough that I even use it as a contour powder (and it is a great colour for it!).

I find the colour is great.
Rimmel seems to really nail true beige-based natural looking neutrals, rather than some other cosmetic lines that are pink or orange based.

The only thing I don't love is the packaging it comes in. I prefer lids that are hinged or attached in some way. I find the lid often comes off and a bit of the loose powder ends up all over the inside of my make up bag and over whatever products are in there with it.

Recommended!

on 9/12/2015 8:10:00 PM

I uploaded comparison photos of this & too faced milk chocolate soleil in case anyone wants to compare, since they are both options that come up a lot when looking for bronzers for fair skin. Also it looks like it comes in different versions? Some with squiggly sun rays (on rimmeel canadas website) and some with straight so I might not have the same version as other reviewers. Mine is actually the same one shown on the ulta website not the rimmel canada website and I bought mine in Canada so that's kind of confusing..

Maybe they changed the formula since I bought mine, some reviews say this is matte but mine is not matte. It doesn't have big pieces of glitter or anything but it deffinately has a sheen and I can see very tiny bits of glitter when swatched or on my face and there is a lot of it. I had been using this bronzer for years and finally hit pan then dropped it and broke it so repurchased, and thought I was getting a matte bronzer because my old one was matte and was the lightest shade so I bought the lightest shade again then noticed that it wasn't matte when I put it on. I thought I must have not gotten the right colour so I went and bought sun bronze too and that one had even more/larger glitter. I gave that one away and kept the sun light one and had been using it until I started looking for a lighter matte bronzer and found too faced milk chocolate. Now I think I will just use the rimmel in the summer if I'm going for a bronzed look. It is a good colour for me, not too orange, I just don't like shimmer in my bronzer.

Packaging is terrible, just a pan on a plastic base with a thin plastic lid that doesn't click or screw on and cracks easily. I think it is the same as rimmels pressed powder package.

It's not super pigmented but easy to build up and applies and blends easily. I'm not sure of the wear time, I never really wear makeup for more then 5 or 6 hours. No fragrance :) and I didn't get any negative reaction to this and I have super sensitive skin that reacts to pretty much anything.

Overall I think it's great for the price, as long as you aren't looking for a matte bronzer :)

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my first bronzer. I purchased it in a desperate attempt to darken my foundation because it makes me look pasty white. I like how it looks really natural with no shimmer (from what I can see) and it isn't too dark for my skin tone either. It's also quite cheap but the only reason why I didn't put 5 lippies for the price is because on the same day, I came across a European brand named Essence (at SDM) that was selling a cheaper bronzer which looked very much like the Rimmel one. I ended up not purchasing the Essence bronzer because I've never heard of the brand before that. I just found reviews saying that Essence's is practically the same as Rimmel's but cheaper and they don't test on animals.

Packaging: 5 lippies because it doesn't have too much packaging. If you don't want the cover getting loose, just tie an elastic around it.

on 9/27/2008 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

one word: YES!

pros: large pan to swirl your brush in
not orangey
not a lot of shimmer
non-breakout causing
cheap
packaging not as crappy as other rimmel products
you get a lot for your money

and I only have a few cons...
doesn't show up too much on me, but that doesn't really count because i'm so tanned already.
no spf. if it did i would love rimmel forever
my sister borrowed it. however, that's not rimmel's fault! ♥

i HIGHLY recommend this bronzer, its my new love ♥♥♥

on 8/4/2006 5:05:00 AM

I bought this without first "consulting" M-Up alley, and was a little nervous! It has worked out great. I am fair, but get a little tan on my arms, but wear a spf on my face daily, so my arms are obviously darker than my face, but yet, my regular makeup looked too heavy and light, so, never using a bronzer before I walked into the walgreens store and picked this up, not knowing if it was a good product or not. I just brush a little all over my face; it's a very natural looking color...I still use my regular makeup, but more lightly, concentrating on the places that need it most (spider veins, redness), powder with a little Coty translucent loose powder(holy grail for years too!!) then lightly with this product and I'm good to go. It was $2.99 at Walgreens...you can't beat that! try it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Found the perfect Bronzer. Perfect in every way. Natural color for my pale skin, thank God it's matte, affordable ($6) and it's WATERPROOF. Also known as sweat-proof. It doesn't go on patchy and blends easily. It's long lasting and has barely any kickback. I've tried a million bronzers, high and low end. This one is going to be the last. The ONLY con, is that the compact doesn't have a hinged lid, and weighs nothing. Be prepared to drop it. I've dropped it three times and it hasn't cracked yet!

on 12/11/2017 2:37:00 PM

I keep coming back for this bronzer every single time. I’m using this bronzer on and off for more than 10 years as tried way more expensive bronzers. The packaging is as simple as can be, nothing fancy. But this stuff just does the trick. It’s a natural sun kissed look, matte, no crazy shimmer what so ever and it’s the perfect shade (not orange on my very pale skin). If you’re looking for a pigmented or more shimmery bronzer, don’t buy this one. If you want a matte, non powdery, healthy glow giving, buildable bronzer? Than you will love this bronzer.

Loved the color and the formula but it broke me out with milia bumps each single time I've tried it. Such a shame. My cheeks are very sensitive btw so not a big surprise. Had to give it away.
Pros: lovely warm bronzing shade suited my olive undertones pretty well; blends quite nicely; very affordable;
So-so: kind of powdery
Cond: broke me out; packaging is too cheap to handle, wouldn't travel with this for sure also there is no mirror

on 10/26/2014 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is an awesome drugstore buy! Great basic bronzer, whether I wanna just throw some on without any other makeup just for a little color or with makeup to make my cheekbones pop! I also use it for my eyelids just to brighten up my eyes real quick without having to take the time to use eyeshadow. I also love how it stays on for so long, no breakouts either. :)

on 10/3/2013 8:40:00 PM

I've tried tons of bronzers and this is probably the most natural looking I've found. Use it for contouring with a duo fiber brush. Works great. Is sheer but can be layered. Not orange and not too brown either. Cheap!