Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorizing Body Spray- lavender

No Image

Not tested on animals
Tom's of Maine is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/11/2013 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Does not work. I think I smell worse when wearing vs. Not wearing deodorant. I do not understand how this product is still on shelves.

on 8/6/2007 8:46:00 PM

I was so thrilled to find this at a grocery outlet that I bought two without ever having seen it before. I love natural deodorants, and I love lavender, so I assumed it would be a new staple for me. HOWEVER, I have found that this product is quite caustic--both when breathed in, as mentioned by both reviewers below, and when applied; it gave my skin a terrible burn. It's impossible not to cough and run away after you've sprayed it, and it burns my eyes, too. The lavender scent is not a true, herbal lavender like I was hoping for at all--if it was, I would consider putting up with the throat-closing attacks it induces. Second, after using it for 3 days (I like to spray with lavender body spray before bed) it gave both armpits an extremely uncomfortable, dark red rash that peeled and was raw--it only healed after a few days of applying Neosporin. Awful! Last, the packaging is crappy--there's a tiny hole on the backside of the nozzle head, I think to pressurize it, and it leaks like crazy after one or two squirts. I will stay far, far away from this in the future.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I use this as my overall deoderant. IT works well for me. Only problem I have is if you breathe it in it catches the back of your throat. Not a great feeling. You adjust after awhile. But I like the fact it works to control underarm and body odor and keeps the bacteria level low with the zinc sulfate. It's a great smart natural product. NO aluminum and cancer causing additives. I have tried the Calendula and the Apricot which are both good too, but the Lavendar is my favorite. Good to keep with you too when you need a little freshing up. It's a very small bottle but lasts a long long time.

on 5/13/2006 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really like this spray- I keep it in my glove compartment. It does a good job of dissipating odor midday if needed, and leaves behind a nice springy lavender scent, not too strong or suffocating. The only problem is that when I spray this I have to roll down the windows or the fumes start getting to me. Overall nice product, though I will try Weleda's sprays next time.