Philosophy Shear Splendor Age Defying Conditioning Mask

No Image

4.1

on 6/8/2008 11:10:00 AM

This is a great once a week or every two week conditoner. It makes my hair so soft and shiny. And the smell is delicious. Love it!!

on 1/16/2008 11:48:00 AM

ingredients:

Unfortunately the US Philosophy website lists as:

water (aqua), cetearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, glycerin, butytospermum parkii (shea butter), stearyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, behentrimonium chloride, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, phenyl trimethicone, soy amino acids, hydrolyzed soy protein, phytantriol, tocotrieniol, panthenyl ethyl ether, fragrance (parfum), butylene glycol, ppg-26-buteth-26, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, apigenin, oleanolic acid, biotinoyl tripeptide, tetrasodium edta, citric acid, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, yellow 5 (ci 19140) .

But as per the shampoo in this range when I got mine today from QVC UK it also contains Citral to which I am allergic.

Why oh why cant every online seller list the chuffing ingredients. It costs me to buy them and turn them back to them and I cant even use them so am paying for the privellege of seeing a product. BAH!

on 1/13/2008 12:27:00 AM

This is an excellent deep conditioning treatment, definitely on par with my HG, the Healthy Sexy Hair Pumpkin Pure mask. It moisturizes, smoothes and plumps up my hair, killing frizz. My hair responds well to shea butter and Shear Splendor has it. It also has one silicone, if that's an issue for you, but it's mid-way down the ingredient list. The lemon pudding scent makes it a better summer option than the pumpkin mask, which leaves a gingery, pumpkin pie scent on your hair -- nice for fall or winter, but not so great in the high heat and humidity of summer. I'll be keeping both of these deep treatments in my permanent rotation.

on 12/8/2007 9:03:00 PM

This is great on your hair. Just leave it on and I even sleep in it with a cap on. It makes a huge difference. It heals your hair overnight.

on 11/22/2007 1:06:00 PM

This conditioner smells great and leaves my hair silky and smooth. I would not classify this as a deep conditioning treatment, but for my wavy, thick hair it works well for the occasional regular conditioner for me. (I tend to use Kerastese or Bumble & Bumble's deep conditioner). I would recommend this conditioner, but the shampoo did absolutely nothing for me.

I have already repurchased this one! My colored, thick, coarse, wavy/curly/frizzy hair drinks this up.
A bit pricey, I do not use this everyday, only when my hair is parched, like after a day on the beach, etc.

I have to say that this along with the matching shampoo are awesome for your hair. I love the way this conditions my chemically addicted long hair. The shampoo ultra cleans the hair preparing it for this rich yummy conditioner to do it's work, so my suggestion would be to use both of them together as I beleive they are meant to work together. I have been using these two items for about a week and my hair has looked better than it has before and I was using shapoo that cost way more money. So this one is GREAT. I am going to try the marinade next.

on 5/31/2007 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This conditioning mask has a lot of great things to offer someone with damaged or dehydrated hair. First off, I think it smells scrumptuous, like a piece of lemon creme pie, which makes it a luxiously dreamy treat to use. Secondly, for those who are freaked out by silicones (I'm not personally), the only one this contains is phenyl trimethicone which is water-soluble and the 10th ingredient down on the list, so there's not a ton of it. Lastly, this contains some really superb, highly moisturizing ingredients such as glycerin, shea butter, ceteryl and cetyl alcohols, panthenyl ethyl ester (Vit B-5), macadamia oil and behentrimonium methosulfate just to name a few. Is it my very favorite? Not quite yet, but the test of time will tell. :)

on 1/20/2007 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

A very thick mask like conditioner that smells like lemon custard pie...yum. It left my hair sooo soft and finally feeling repaired & healthy. It's not a HG item but it is very very good and way better than the shampoo that comes with it.

I got this cond with the matching shampoo (which is CRAP by the way, horrible drying shampoo) and im sooooo suprised, as the shampoo really is useless. Firstly i love the scent of this but it doesnt last at all, its gone as soon as you've rinsed the cond out. I also like how thick and creamy it is, it did a good job of conditioning my hair (esp after that dreadful sister shampoo) but i wouldnt say its HG, or even close.its just 'ok'. I find a lot of much cheaper conditioners do the same job...my hair was smooth and nice to manage after this, but well, not AS nice as when i use my tigi dumb blonde shampoo and conditioner. they are my HG and this sadly isnt even close.

Popular Conditioners