Created with Sketch.

Reviews

Created with Sketch.
from

14 years ago

I have to start off saying that I am generally no fan of pigments and don't get all the rage on the boards. There are only 2-3 MAC pigments I like, many other shades would appeal to me, but it seems no matter which base I use they disappear on me. The same goes for Stila's loose AOS e/s, they don't show up on me properly and I just didn't put in the effort to try any other brands. So, I was pleasantly surprised with Becca Jewel Dusts. <BR><BR> After purchasing Aspara (see separate review) I got titania and nyx. Nyx is in the same colour family as Stila Poise. It's a purplish plum shade, darker and a tiny bit more brownish than Poise and it has silver shimmer. I think the reason why the effect of these Jewel Dusts is different and more intense than with e/s is that they actually have a darker base pigment that's combined with lighter shimmer. I like Nyx best combined with cool shades like lavendar, lilac and silver, it doesn't look good combined with warm shades. <BR><BR> Consistency: The jewel dusts are easy to apply and blend and they last the whole day on me if I use an e/s base (UD PP, LM metallic cream e/s, MAC paints). You definitely *have* to use a base though! I've applied them wet, but I think it doesn't make much of a difference finishwise. They are *very* pigmented, much more than regular e/s and shimmery. Packaging: This comes in a little cube with srew-top and sifter inside. Actually they're quite easy to handle and not as messy as MAC pigment containers. I make sure to leave the sticker covering half of the sifter though, so you don't even spill much when you knock it over. Price: this retails for $22 in the US and something like Euro 20 in Germany. I don't see myself ever using up one of the jewel dusts, so I think it's a good price/quality relation. <BR><BR> I have sensitive eyes, wear contacts and have experienced no reaction whatsoever to the jewel dusts. I have meanwhile acquired a few more shades and would repurchase them if I should ever run out of any.

About reviewer (202 reviews)

Age25-29