The Body Shop Moisture White Toning Essence

The Body Shop Moisture White Toning Essence

3.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Dipropylene Glycol (Humectant), Butylene Glycol (Humectant), Glycerin (Humectant), PEG-75 (Binder), Sodium Citrate (pH Adjuster), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), PPG-6-Decyltetradeceth-30 (S

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It was kind of useless, and overdrying, dont buy this toner. its not worth it. You are better off goin to the drug store. I think it was a cop out so they could make more money by making it a "3 step program" like most other brands use: cleanser, toner and serum

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I knew there'd be trouble whan i saw that it had alcohol, but i red theis to work. It dried out my oily skin-in a bad way, and didn't even brighten it.

on 12/10/2006 3:59:00 PM

Seems like a decent toner. I took off one lippie due to the slight alcohol content. I prefer my toners alcohol free. This seems good however at removing residual makeup and dirt from my skin. Doesn't seem to irritate nor dry out my complexion. Hopefully, this will carry out its promise of lightening and brightening my skin. Will update soon.

on 7/9/2006 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

*sigh* I am so saddened by this whole Moisture White line (except for the poweder) it all seems worthless. The toner for starters has alcohol in it, and that can be very problematic. It doesn't cause breakouts, which is awesome but it doesn't brighten at all. In fact it seems to 'remove' the glow that the cleansing powder gives (almost like its stripping away everything, which it is really with all that alcohol!). It was really a garbage product, also the packaging is horrible...its clear and that causes sunlight and other radicals to bounce off the vitamin c and liquorice, which can make them instantly deffective. So sad...

I bought this toner along with the serum and the cleansing powder. The whole set (starter kit) was $75 CAD but if you buy separately I believe it comes to around $90. I agree with one of the reviewers below; I don't really know if this toner is necessary, since my skin doesn't feel tight or dry after using the cleansing powder, but it's a good product to use with other cleansers too. The scent is very, very subtle, and my face does feel more refreshed after using this. My only complaint is the small hole on the top makes it kind of hard to get the product onto a cotton ball; I think a larger hole would be better. However, this comes in a pretty frosted glass bottle and I will definitely buy the whole set again once I run out.

on 5/13/2006 1:15:00 AM

This skincare line has made a big difference in my complexion, I've definitely noticed that my skin looks brighter and feels smoother. The toner is really gentle, not at all drying or oily, and has a nice fragrance. I'll be buying again.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this in a set with the cleansing powder, serum, and toner. I have used all 3 together, twice a day for 2 weeks and seen a 50% reduction in my darker patches (which I belive are caused by hormones and located on my forehead and upper lip--possibly melasma). I have used other bleaching/whitening products and not seen results this fast. The toner, although I am not sure is necessary, makes my skin feel very soft and not tight after using it. It does not sting in the slightest bit, nor is it drying. I will continue to purchase this set while seeing these results! The set sells for $60 and the products purchased ala carte are about $80 or so. I do think $22 for a toner is a bit much, however.