Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
Ultra Facial Cream

Aqua, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Squalane, Bis-PEG-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Sucrose Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Stearate, Urea, Myristyl Myristate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Imperata Cylindrica, Stearic Acid, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-8, Glycine Soja Oil, Tocopherol, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Myristyl Alcohol, Collagen, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine ,Chitosan, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate.

on 2/24/2018 9:06:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

This cream is amazing! Not too greasy and you only need to apply a small amount. My face feels so soft after applying and I have also notice my complexion is brighter

on 12/9/2016 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

a very basic moisturizer.. if you are looking for a basic moisturizer then this can be the one

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I regularly change my skincare products around and am by no means a loyalist when it comes to any skincare or beauty brands and so generally I'm not biased towards any product and give all of them a pretty fair chance at the get-go. On this note, I have a love/hate relationship with most of Kiehl's products (and believe me, I've tried nearly all of them), but this moisturizer can probably be considered close to HG status in terms of hydrating and improving my overall skin texture.

I have pretty erratic but normal skin, at the best of times I don't get any pimples and it's just average (i.e. neither oily nor dry), at the worst I break out suddenly in little random bumps across my face (these are not so bad, they are never big and pus-like, and are usually either hormonal or an allergic reaction to a new product) and have dry patches around my cheeks and on my nose.

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream has been one of those moisturizers that have always produced consistently great results for me but just kind of fade into the background the minute I get bored with my skincare regimen and its products. That being said, it has always been a reliable moisturizer in that I never break out when I use it, and it always manages to hydrate my skin and makes my pores and lines appear less visible (I don't know why but I'm guessing this is due to how 'plump' my skin looks and feels after I use it). Makeup application is always smoother after I use this cream too, and I don't even have to use much of the cream per application - a little goes a long way.

I know this cream is meant to be used as an all round moisturizer, meaning it can be used for day and/or night, but as a day cream I find it far too thick and rich to use in the hot and humid climate I live in and I also feel it just sits like a greasy mess on my face when I use it in the morning as it isn't absorbed into the skin immediately. So when some people say that this cream doesn't absorb well, I kind of get where they're coming from - it doesn't absorb quickly and can be quite greasy when you first apply it. However, when used as a night cream, by the time I wake up in the morning and observe my skin, I always feel it is far more supple and well hydrated than from the night before - perhaps it's just one of those creams that act a bit more slower and needs quite a number of hours to actually seep into the layers of the skin before its effects are noticeable?

I also love the smell of this moisturizer, it's not overpowering at all and quite delicate (almost nonexistent), and the cooling touch of the cream when first placed on my skin is always welcoming. So while I continue on my hunt for a HG daytime moisturizer and may get distracted by other new products in the market, at least I know that the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream is there in the background, ready to prove its worthiness to me yet again.

on 4/4/2015 4:09:00 PM