Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
Ultra Facial Cream

3.4

Aqua, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Squalane, Bis-PEG-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Sucrose Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Stearate, Urea, Myristyl Myristate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Imperata Cylindrica, Stearic Acid, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-8, Glycine Soja Oil, Tocopherol, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Myristyl Alcohol, Collagen, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine ,Chitosan, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate.

on 6/11/2018 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This made my skin burn so I returned it. It's never good when a product makes your skin burn.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product is the bomb shizzles. I think most of the negative reviews are because of scooping out too much product. This product is a moisturiser, not designed to get "absorbed" into you skin like a serum or essence. It is supposed to act as a barrier between your skin and external elements, helping to effectively lock the moisture in. And I think it does that extremely well, WITHOUT breaking me out. And I've tried everything drugstore even brands like Pai etc, nothing else is as gentle and effective on my skin as this is. With a little bit of experimentation, you'll be able to find the right quantity of this product you need for your skin. I still need to blot mid day, but I'm happy with the overall softening and protecting effect is has on my skin.

on 12/11/2014 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I had such high hopes for this cream and I really wanted to like it, but I just didn't. Let me start off by saying that I generally do not have an oily face. I do, however, live in a place that's always hot and humid. And I've never had any skin issues. I also hardly have pimples and stuff like that. I don't use foundation so I usually have to top my powder up once or twice throughout a long day, just on my t-zone area, but this thing made my face 2x more oily and sticky. I like my face smooth and matte after putting on makeup, but having this cream on made that totally impossible. Plus, when I first started using it I had tiny bumps on my cheeks. Not noticeable to anyone except for me, but nevertheless still there. It went off the more I use it though.

As recommended by the lovely man who helped me at the Kiehl's outlet, after washing my face, I use toner, followed by this cream, and then Kiehl's Ultra Light UV Defense SPF 50. I initially thought the product that was making my face so sticky was the sun protector, but it wasn't. It was this. This cream is thick and sticky, comparable to drugstore moisturizers. I also don't like that it comes in a jar because it's not very hygienic. I use a cotton bud just so that my fingers don't come in contact with the whole jar's content.

I wanted to throw this away after like... the first week, but the environmentalist in me would have had a heart attack. So I didn't. I decided to carry on using it anyway, but only on days when I stay home.

I have to say that this cream actually does hydrate and moisturize well, if you don't mind the thickness, stickiness, and added oiliness on your face.

I've gone back to my HG moisturizer (Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel!!), and I think I'll stop experimenting with moisturizers and just stick to that from now on.

on 11/10/2014 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this moisturizer in the winter in hopes of finding a thick hydrator for my dry skin. As time went on using it on a daily basis, i found that I had a reddish rash-like irritation around my nose and mouth area. It lasted months - i went to a dermatologist and she said it was Perioral Dermatitis which forms around the mouth and nose area. She gave me a medicated cream and thankfully it went away. I had to stop using every product during the medicated process. I remember asking the doctor if a product could've caused this and she said no, it's caused by an overproduction of yeast in the skin. I then searched online and found that the ingredient "isopropyl myristate" can cause this, which was in this Kiehls cream. I since then have stopped using the cream.

This is not to say this will happen to everyone, I have very sensitive skin and i believe everyone has their own unique reactions to different ingredients. But thought i'll share my personal experience in case someone too is having same reaction.

on 4/30/2014 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am on to my second jar of this stuff since December. I use this day and night and find if very hydrating. It is lightweight cream that absorbs well, allowing you to apply makeup soon after. Ever since using the Kiehls range, I have found that my skin is a lot clearer, softer and healthier. It is a shame that it's quite expensive though!

on 2/6/2013 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've tried many moisturizers from loreal, aveeno, Dior, Clinique, and clarins. I've never come a cross a moisturizer like this one, it keeps my skin moisturized throughout the day and a great base from my tinted moisturizer. I tried Khiels oil free formula thinking it would be better for my combination skin but it didn't help balance my skin at all. If you're not too sure to purchase this product ask for a sample and give it a try, you won't regret it!

on 12/22/2012 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

My skin is really easily dehydrated and tends to be on the sensitive side. I've used lots of other products from the drugstore, Lush and even some higher end brands. I love that this is fragrance-free because I'm very sensitive to scents. It is a really light cream that rubs into my skin beautifully. I have had no sensitivity or irritation - in fact it is very soothing and calming to my skin. I live in the PNW and while it isn't quite enough for our dry winters, it is easily layered with other products. I was in the Bay Area for a week and it was definitely too heavy for that warmer, more humid climate, but for PNW I think this is my HG. My skin used to be so dry and sensitive and awful - now I can actually try other products or wear makeup more than once a week without it freaking out! I wish it came in a pump instead of a jar for sanitation reasons, but a small jar only lasted me a month and a half. I typically use a raspberry-sized amount morning and night, sometimes mid-day as well. For what it does to my skin I'm totally happy with the price!

EDIT: My skin has gotten drier since the winter moved in. Truly dehydrated, flaking and cracking. I've had to move away from this product as it stings my dry spots. I've switched to HadaLabo products which have been fantastic, hydrating and super gentle. I still think it's a great product but is just not for me anymore!

on 6/4/2012 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Not that great, it slightly stings my skin but goes away after 5 seconds. Sure it's great at moisturising but it isn't anything HG or special. I've always thought it would be ULTRA moisturising but to be it's just a lighter version on QV or Cetaphil. Very basic so the price is a little iffy. It lasts so very long.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I received this as a sample when I purchased the Kiehl's Tinted Moisturizer in Medium, which I am unsure about. The moment I applied this moisturizer onto my face I knew it was something different. I haven't tried many moisturizers in my life, but wow this changed my life. Being 16 years old, I can't afford to purchase this, but I got my to mom, and for the most part she likes it. My older sister applied some and she said she would because it got her boyfriend to compliment her. But on to the actual product.. I'd apply this at night and wake up in the morning to feel my skin supple and incredibly soft. There isn't any special about this; in the sense that it's not supposed to make you appear 10 years younger, but the texture of your skin will improve. I especially recommend this product for those with dry skin. This product is amazing!

***
I used this again when I convinced my mom to purchase it, and it didn't work quite like it did when I initially tried it as a sample. Plus it's too expensive for a high school student, so I wouldn't purchase this.

EDIT: I'd much prefer this to not be in a jar container, because the air will ruin the ingredients' potency.

on 9/9/2007 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Wish this weren't so expensive --- it's my HG of moisturizing creams for cold weather (I have combination skin and aside from my t-zone, my cheeks can get super dry in the Winter): creamy, emollient consistency and the moisture lasts a relatively long time. Though this product is "unscented", I can't help but smell a faint, slightly-medicinal odor to it --- thankfully, it's barely noticeable.