Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
Ultra Facial Cream

3.9

Aqua, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Squalane, Bis-PEG-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Sucrose Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Stearate, Urea, Myristyl Myristate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Imperata Cylindrica, Stearic Acid, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-8, Glycine Soja Oil, Tocopherol, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Myristyl Alcohol, Collagen, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine ,Chitosan, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Such a good, solid, reliable moisturizer. Never irritated my sensitive combination skin. Worked perfectly in the summer when applied in a tiny amount (that is all that is needed in any event). I would definitely repurchase soon, should my current moisturizer not work out. Really impressed.

on 8/30/2018 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this a lot, especially in summer. My skin is normal/dry and this moisturizes it nicely. I get no burning like some other reviewers do - it's all what your skin likes and doesn't like. Mine likes this a lot. It's quite bland, and really rather "ordinary" so it's kind of pricey for what it is, but I like it enough to cough up the money for it. It sinks into my skin nicely, doesn't leave me greasy, and leaves my face nice and soft. The older I get the more trouble I have with moisturizers that sit on top of my skin and don't do anything; that is not what this one does, so I'm stickin' with it! Oh, and there's no fragrance! I much prefer no scent in my skincare - it serves no purpose whatsoever, and can be irritating. Thank you Kiehl's!!!

on 7/16/2018 3:10:00 AM

I used this cream for a couple of years and then for some reason it started making my face burn. So I stopped and called the company; FYI they were great about the return (I purchased the product online and they did not even make me mail it back to them).

I then searched around for some other creams and tried several, same burning reaction with everything. I guess I have sensitive skin. I have finally found my solution - apricot kernel oil, in a bottle, plus vegetable glycerin, in a bottle. I mix them together. They cost $7 + $5. No preservatives or toxins at all, just the raw products. The only catch is I don't think you can pre-mix them and leave the solution like that because the water-based glycerin will start to grow bacteria. You need to mix them together at the time of application or apply separately. It's really easy though. My skin doesn't hurt and doesn't have a load of chemicals on it 24/7. Much nicer!

on 4/28/2018 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Got this as a Birchbox sample. The formula is super moisturizing and gentle, but I don't care to pay so much for a basic night cream. In my late 50's I need some anti-aging juju, some retinol or hyaluronic acid or whatnot.

Like others have written I also experienced burning, so bad that I woke up after 2 days with little patches of burnt skin on the skin under my eyes and on my chin.

.. Never tried that before even with AHA, retinols etc.

My eyes also start tearing excessively if it gets too close to my eyes. Ugh.
Disappointed as I really enjoy the smell.

FYI, I didn't use it with any other products as I test new things out alone. I only used Clinique's Take off balm to remove my makeup before putting it on. I wanted to try it our for a month, like I usually do with new products, just to give it a fair chance, but this time I honestly feel scared as my skin just can't handle it. So I won't.

I don't think its fair to give stars if you are allergic to some ingredients in a product. I cannot be sure I am not allergic, but there is nothing in it I usually can't handle and my skin is usually quite resilient and I see many others have experiences the same. So, I did give it less starts for that reason. I am giving it 2 starts, one for doubt and only one more for the pleasant smell.

Besides the unlucky effect it had on my skin, it didn't feel very moisturising either. Almost drying down like clay, which I didn't enjoy. The texture in the pot in quite normal though, creamy and not gritty. Goes on okay as well, and as I said lovely mild smell of mint and something I can't put my finger on.

on 12/20/2017 9:25:00 AM

Was looking for a new moisturizer to add to my beauty routine and my friend recommended me this one. Luckily I was bit skeptical and didn't rush into buying one of those: I asked for a tester in their store, even though the sales person wasn't very happy to do that she gave me a couple of testers, in the evening after using my normal products I've put the moisturiser on, I'm not gonna lie it felt light and nice, I was pretty happy with the feeling and the texture but then it took ages for it to absorb, my face felt sticky and it was annoying.. In the morning I woke up and immediately saw three horrible and painful breakouts... I was SO disappointed, since I had so many problems with my skin and zits for many years and only lately I've managed to put it under control, I still have some scars from my old acne and was so happy to almost have a clear face..and now I need to take care of those 3 new zits... very sad. Be careful, especially girls with problematic, sensitive skin...

on 11/11/2017 3:49:00 PM

I don't reach for Kiehl's products because Cerave is usually my go-to brand for moisturizers, but a friend had an extra unopened one that she gifted me. I wasn't expecting this to be anything special but his cream has really surprised me. It is super moisturizing and has no fragrance. I use it as a night cream only on top of my Retin-A cream and it has blown Cerave out of the water, which I never thought I would say. I'd consider this my new heavy-duty, nighttime moisturizer. A little goes a long way. The packaging could be more hygienic. I'll definitely repurchase.

on 4/30/2017 9:17:00 PM

Even though this is supposed to be okay for sensitive skin, there is something in it which made my face burn and turn red on first application. I was disappointed as I had read good things about this cream. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with reactive skin types like mine.

on 2/21/2017 2:59:00 AM

First days, weeks, month ..I was really happy with this cream. My skin looked great, I was thinking that I have found finally ideal base for under my foundation! Everything looked just amazing till one day :(
After month using this cream I have found 3 big pimples on on the chin and neck. But something like this I have seen first time in my life! Big, red acne painful mountain! You can do anything with this! you can not cover it, squeeze it, only what you can do is waiting 5 long weeks.
Of course I didnt noticed that this cream can do it because 1,5 month was all great.
then my kiehls is finished-everything backed to normal.
After half year and using different cream i was back to Kiehls ultra facial...again the same story: 1,5 month fantasticskin and then 4 big pimples!! He is guilty!
the I have checked what is inside the cream and there are few very very bad ingredients Peg , Mirystyl and a lot of preservatives-these things demage our skin.
No more !!

on 7/3/2016 12:50:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is too expensive, but I do love it and keep comming back to it. It's very, very moisturizing and very gentle. Never causes me redness or clogs or breakouts, which many western creams can. I have very dry skin, and am eczema prone so have a weak moisture barrier, and this realy helps my skin. I recently over exfolliated and opted for this over some of my Asian creams. I was pretty red aroud the nose and has bumps and a sort of orange peel texture starting. This calmed and plumped up the skin pretty fast. This is great in winter when my skin has been blasted by indoor heat and outside wind. It has a nice slippery feel, that leaves your skin feeling coated and soft, but not greasy. If you want a cream 100% absorbs, this is not it. I love it on my hands as the feel really soft and I don't have to worry about touching my face. It smells like rice bran oil (canola or safflower smell). It reminds me of a thicker CosRX Overnight Rice Pack.

It has a good bit of oil , but no mineral oil or jojoba, which are break me out. It has avacado, sweet almond and rice bran, which are very moisturizing. . There are some ingredients that set off CosDNA, so might break others out and are some fatty acohols and silicones (Cyclohexasiloxane). I wish it wasn't so expensive but $35 for 4.2 oz jar isn't bad a it will last. They make a smaller size.