Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
Ultra Facial Cream

3.5

Aqua, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Squalane, Bis-PEG-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Sucrose Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Stearate, Urea, Myristyl Myristate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Imperata Cylindrica, Stearic Acid, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-8, Glycine Soja Oil, Tocopherol, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Myristyl Alcohol, Collagen, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine ,Chitosan, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate.

on 8/30/2018 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this a lot, especially in summer. My skin is normal/dry and this moisturizes it nicely. I get no burning like some other reviewers do - it's all what your skin likes and doesn't like. Mine likes this a lot. It's quite bland, and really rather "ordinary" so it's kind of pricey for what it is, but I like it enough to cough up the money for it. It sinks into my skin nicely, doesn't leave me greasy, and leaves my face nice and soft. The older I get the more trouble I have with moisturizers that sit on top of my skin and don't do anything; that is not what this one does, so I'm stickin' with it! Oh, and there's no fragrance! I much prefer no scent in my skincare - it serves no purpose whatsoever, and can be irritating. Thank you Kiehl's!!!

on 7/16/2018 3:10:00 AM

I used this cream for a couple of years and then for some reason it started making my face burn. So I stopped and called the company; FYI they were great about the return (I purchased the product online and they did not even make me mail it back to them).

I then searched around for some other creams and tried several, same burning reaction with everything. I guess I have sensitive skin. I have finally found my solution - apricot kernel oil, in a bottle, plus vegetable glycerin, in a bottle. I mix them together. They cost $7 + $5. No preservatives or toxins at all, just the raw products. The only catch is I don't think you can pre-mix them and leave the solution like that because the water-based glycerin will start to grow bacteria. You need to mix them together at the time of application or apply separately. It's really easy though. My skin doesn't hurt and doesn't have a load of chemicals on it 24/7. Much nicer!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this cream religiously for more than six years now and it is absolutely amazing.

Great for dry/dehydrated skin; feels lightweight and smooth. Perfect for traveling or even during long-haul flights, when your skin gets very tight and dull. I like the fact that this is not a scented product and little does go a long way.

I speak more about ways to use this cream, as well as other skincare saviors in a separate review here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/03/22/sos-skincare-gems-you-should-know-about) in case you need more inspiration, but other than that it is a great cream for people with sensitive, dry skin.

I got this as a samplr and since a friend of mine swears by this products I was really excited to try it.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with most of the comments here: the cream is not that hydrating. And that's coming from someone with combination/oily skin.
This product also contains quite a lot of silicone, which you can actually feel. It lays over your face and fingers when you apply the cream and forms a film on top of your skin - even when the actual cream is long sunk in. Ughh I hate that feeling.

I already decided that I didn't like this cream, but I was about to use up the sample size. However, I think this cream kind of broke me out. I did not get pimples or any redness, but after I used this for a couple of days I noticed quite a few white spots all over my face. I figuered that it has to be this product and threw the remaining product away.

on 12/22/2017 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have really dry skin with dry patches and flakes, combined to Canadian winter, this cream is not enough. I don't feel its moisturizing effect lasts.... Cheaper Cetaphil cream works better than this. I personally prefer thick and heavy cream though and this wasn't enough. Not impress at all.

This product is good but it is not suitable for combination skin, because it cause me break out seriously. It is better to get few sample to try before you buy.

on 12/8/2017 3:20:00 AM

Usually the minute the weather gets colder and the central heating goes on, my face goes like the Sahara desert. My trusty Nivea just isn't cutting it anymore. Somebody suggested I tried this, I have to say the price put me off for a long time but eventually got round to it. Instant relief! My skin looks beautiful and not a dry patch in sight. Still not sure about the price for such a small pot but maybe doable if I just use it in the winter months.

on 11/28/2017 4:24:00 PM

Love this cream for winter. It is perfect for my combination skin...doesn't feel too oily but doesn't dry out the cheeks. My skin gets flaky sometimes in winter and this cream takes care of that. I love how it smells too. My skin feels really soft after applying it which is always a bonus. It doesn't sit on my skin like other creams I've used. No breakouts.

on 11/22/2017 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not impressed. Does not hydrate at all nor make skin smooth, stings slightly upon application around mouth area, and caused small bumps (very few luckily!). They went away soon after I discontinued use. I used it one night only because it just did not hydrate

on 11/11/2017 3:49:00 PM

I don't reach for Kiehl's products because Cerave is usually my go-to brand for moisturizers, but a friend had an extra unopened one that she gifted me. I wasn't expecting this to be anything special but his cream has really surprised me. It is super moisturizing and has no fragrance. I use it as a night cream only on top of my Retin-A cream and it has blown Cerave out of the water, which I never thought I would say. I'd consider this my new heavy-duty, nighttime moisturizer. A little goes a long way. The packaging could be more hygienic. I'll definitely repurchase.