Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
Ultra Facial Cream

3.4

Aqua, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Squalane, Bis-PEG-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Sucrose Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Stearate, Urea, Myristyl Myristate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Imperata Cylindrica, Stearic Acid, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-8, Glycine Soja Oil, Tocopherol, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Myristyl Alcohol, Collagen, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine ,Chitosan, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate.

on 6/11/2018 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This made my skin burn so I returned it. It's never good when a product makes your skin burn.

Like others have written I also experienced burning, so bad that I woke up after 2 days with little patches of burnt skin on the skin under my eyes and on my chin.

.. Never tried that before even with AHA, retinols etc.

My eyes also start tearing excessively if it gets too close to my eyes. Ugh.
Disappointed as I really enjoy the smell.

FYI, I didn't use it with any other products as I test new things out alone. I only used Clinique's Take off balm to remove my makeup before putting it on. I wanted to try it our for a month, like I usually do with new products, just to give it a fair chance, but this time I honestly feel scared as my skin just can't handle it. So I won't.

I don't think its fair to give stars if you are allergic to some ingredients in a product. I cannot be sure I am not allergic, but there is nothing in it I usually can't handle and my skin is usually quite resilient and I see many others have experiences the same. So, I did give it less starts for that reason. I am giving it 2 starts, one for doubt and only one more for the pleasant smell.

Besides the unlucky effect it had on my skin, it didn't feel very moisturising either. Almost drying down like clay, which I didn't enjoy. The texture in the pot in quite normal though, creamy and not gritty. Goes on okay as well, and as I said lovely mild smell of mint and something I can't put my finger on.

on 12/27/2017 11:24:00 AM

I received this as part of a gift set (which I bought for myself because it offered several Kiehl's products I wanted to try). I am 50 with dry yet hormonal acne prone skin. I use this moisturizer as a final step in the dry areas around my nose and mouth. I have had no reactions, and it moisturizes well. I plan to try the version with spf because I want to minimize steps. I am not sure if I would buy again, because I love the Rosa Arctica light cream far more.

on 11/22/2017 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not impressed. Does not hydrate at all nor make skin smooth, stings slightly upon application around mouth area, and caused small bumps (very few luckily!). They went away soon after I discontinued use. I used it one night only because it just did not hydrate

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This moisturizer is very nice and moisturizing, sinks in fast, and does not feel greasy or heavy at all. Now that I am on retinoids, this stings my face so I cannot use it anymore. However, I will definitely repurchase this once I am off the retinoids. The only con is that the packaging is very unhygenic, and it is rather pricey.

on 4/5/2015 9:59:00 AM

My husband uses this product in the winter to quell dry skin from shaving. It works okay, but this is overpriced for a cream that does not offer any soothing or anti-aging benefits. I find that oils work a lot better on his skin for a fraction of the price of this moisturizer. I would not repurchase this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Super hydrating and it works wonders for my skin! My face would feel so hydrated throughout the day and it does not make my face oily at all. A must have product for me.I'd recommend this to people with dry skin. It helps improve mine. :)

This is the perfect moisturizer if you are on Accutane or any other medicine that makes your skin dry. I imagine its perfect even if you just have dry skin. It is definitely not as oily as the Ultra Facial lotion for the face. Its creamier and less oily. After putting it on my skin glows and quickly absorbs it. I keep buying it. Love it.

on 7/21/2013 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I was looking for a moisturizer that isn't greasy or feel heavy on my skin but at the same time hydrate the dry areas of my skin. I was recommended this by the SA in Selfridges. For reference, I have an acne-prone oily/combination skin.

Unfortunately, this product is way too heavy for and feels greasy on the skin. I wish I got a sample because now I've just wasted £24. I also looked at the ingredients and it has almond oil and other oils in it, which is a big no-no if you have acne or oily skin.

I will not be repurchasing as it isn't suitable for me. This my be suitable for people with dryer skins but if you have acne-prone and oily skin definitely stay away from this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This product broke me out and is way too expensive. It is just completely silicons, oils and all the greasy ingredients you don't want on your skin.

You can just feel the silicones on your skin and it feeling greasy, you feel the acne coming up and getting worse. No, I prefer even a nivea creme.