Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
Ultra Facial Cream

Aqua, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Squalane, Bis-PEG-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Sucrose Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Stearate, Urea, Myristyl Myristate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Imperata Cylindrica, Stearic Acid, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-8, Glycine Soja Oil, Tocopherol, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Myristyl Alcohol, Collagen, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine ,Chitosan, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

This cream really saves my skin in the wintertime. I work in a very dry environment and no other cream I tried would moisturize my skin enough.It is a little bit expensive but a jar will last you a long time. Just ran out of my 50 ml jar and it has never broken me out or caused any problems for my dry, sensitive skin. Also use the Kiehls ultra facial face wash and toner to go with it and it works really well for me.

on 12/6/2018 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

overall: 7/10

I like this cream overall. I got a free sample from Adore Beauty and have been using for the past couple of weeks. It's definitely moisturising and is non-irritating. However, I need a bit of a heavier cream for my dry skin, so I would recommend this for people with combo-normal skin rather than dry skin. Additionally, I'm not a fan of the jar packaging.

on 8/30/2018 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this a lot, especially in summer. My skin is normal/dry and this moisturizes it nicely. I get no burning like some other reviewers do - it's all what your skin likes and doesn't like. Mine likes this a lot. It's quite bland, and really rather "ordinary" so it's kind of pricey for what it is, but I like it enough to cough up the money for it. It sinks into my skin nicely, doesn't leave me greasy, and leaves my face nice and soft. The older I get the more trouble I have with moisturizers that sit on top of my skin and don't do anything; that is not what this one does, so I'm stickin' with it! Oh, and there's no fragrance! I much prefer no scent in my skincare - it serves no purpose whatsoever, and can be irritating. Thank you Kiehl's!!!

on 7/16/2018 3:10:00 AM

I used this cream for a couple of years and then for some reason it started making my face burn. So I stopped and called the company; FYI they were great about the return (I purchased the product online and they did not even make me mail it back to them).

I then searched around for some other creams and tried several, same burning reaction with everything. I guess I have sensitive skin. I have finally found my solution - apricot kernel oil, in a bottle, plus vegetable glycerin, in a bottle. I mix them together. They cost $7 + $5. No preservatives or toxins at all, just the raw products. The only catch is I don't think you can pre-mix them and leave the solution like that because the water-based glycerin will start to grow bacteria. You need to mix them together at the time of application or apply separately. It's really easy though. My skin doesn't hurt and doesn't have a load of chemicals on it 24/7. Much nicer!

on 4/28/2018 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Got this as a Birchbox sample. The formula is super moisturizing and gentle, but I don't care to pay so much for a basic night cream. In my late 50's I need some anti-aging juju, some retinol or hyaluronic acid or whatnot.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this cream religiously for more than six years now and it is absolutely amazing.

Great for dry/dehydrated skin; feels lightweight and smooth. Perfect for traveling or even during long-haul flights, when your skin gets very tight and dull. I like the fact that this is not a scented product and little does go a long way.

I speak more about ways to use this cream, as well as other skincare saviors in a separate review here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/03/22/sos-skincare-gems-you-should-know-about) in case you need more inspiration, but other than that it is a great cream for people with sensitive, dry skin.

I have dry skin especially during winter, it becomes better during summer.
This was very good for the dry patches on my face when nothing else worked, during winter. It’s almost summer now and I was expecting it to become too oily but still absorbs nicely and my face does not become oily during the day either.
I feel it hydrates very well.
However, after long use, I started seeing some red pimples under my skin and this never happened to me before. I will discontinue and start using again later on to see if this cream is guilty.

Update (one year later now) - I continued using during summer and it was not too oily. However my face keeps getting dryer as I age and this winter the cream version did not solve anymore the dry patches that appeared. After some hesitation and trying some samples, I bought the balm version which is super-thick and it works perfectly. So I will use the balm for winter and the cream for summer, and they both work with anti-aging serum under them (as they don't have anti-aging properties) and make-up on.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

bought this on a whim during a plane journey from the airlines in flight shopping. love it. it's a standard white cream but not as thick. I have dry skin and this does the trick without clogging my pores. absolutely will repurchase this.

on 5/14/2016 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really like this product. It didn't cause any redness or other issues on my very sensitive skin. i use it on top of sunscreen, to ensure a good mu application.
It's quite a heavy moisturizer but my skin has been rather dry lately, so i like that.
it's not a miracle worker but a good solid allrounder. i'd probably take that on a trip when i can only take a limited amount of liquids and use it as a day and night moisturizer.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this moisturizer, my skin is very dry during winter, i sometimes keep scratching my skin because of the flakiness... This soothes very good. Yes its expensive but one jar will last me about 2,5 months during the harsh winter in northern europe. It stays hydrated all day! None of my other previous skincare does that. Will definately buy my 4th jar next winter.