Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
Ultra Facial Cream

3.7

Aqua, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Squalane, Bis-PEG-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Sucrose Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Stearate, Urea, Myristyl Myristate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Imperata Cylindrica, Stearic Acid, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-8, Glycine Soja Oil, Tocopherol, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Myristyl Alcohol, Collagen, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine ,Chitosan, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate.

on 12/6/2018 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

overall: 7/10

I like this cream overall. I got a free sample from Adore Beauty and have been using for the past couple of weeks. It's definitely moisturising and is non-irritating. However, I need a bit of a heavier cream for my dry skin, so I would recommend this for people with combo-normal skin rather than dry skin. Additionally, I'm not a fan of the jar packaging.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Such a good, solid, reliable moisturizer. Never irritated my sensitive combination skin. Worked perfectly in the summer when applied in a tiny amount (that is all that is needed in any event). I would definitely repurchase soon, should my current moisturizer not work out. Really impressed.

This cream is comforting and soothing for my skin. Not oily when a small pea sized amount is used.Glides on, blends well and is absorbed relatively quickly. Smell is a little chemical-like though but its subtle.

Day 3 of using. Hope it holds up well over time!

This is a nice, basic facial cream. It has a gentle formula and I experienced no issues with skin irritation or redness when using it. It kept my skin hydrated and feeling smooth and soft. I didn’t need to use a lot, so the jar lasts a long while. I also like that this cream doesn’t have a strong scent. This cream also provided a good base for makeup and didn’t interfere with application of foundation and concealer products. My skin looked soft, smooth, plump and healthy when using this cream. I definitely enjoyed using it and would recommend it happily. The only downside is that it is quite expensive for what is quite a simple cream.

on 4/28/2018 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Got this as a Birchbox sample. The formula is super moisturizing and gentle, but I don't care to pay so much for a basic night cream. In my late 50's I need some anti-aging juju, some retinol or hyaluronic acid or whatnot.

Like others have written I also experienced burning, so bad that I woke up after 2 days with little patches of burnt skin on the skin under my eyes and on my chin.

.. Never tried that before even with AHA, retinols etc.

My eyes also start tearing excessively if it gets too close to my eyes. Ugh.
Disappointed as I really enjoy the smell.

FYI, I didn't use it with any other products as I test new things out alone. I only used Clinique's Take off balm to remove my makeup before putting it on. I wanted to try it our for a month, like I usually do with new products, just to give it a fair chance, but this time I honestly feel scared as my skin just can't handle it. So I won't.

I don't think its fair to give stars if you are allergic to some ingredients in a product. I cannot be sure I am not allergic, but there is nothing in it I usually can't handle and my skin is usually quite resilient and I see many others have experiences the same. So, I did give it less starts for that reason. I am giving it 2 starts, one for doubt and only one more for the pleasant smell.

Besides the unlucky effect it had on my skin, it didn't feel very moisturising either. Almost drying down like clay, which I didn't enjoy. The texture in the pot in quite normal though, creamy and not gritty. Goes on okay as well, and as I said lovely mild smell of mint and something I can't put my finger on.

on 12/27/2017 11:24:00 AM

I received this as part of a gift set (which I bought for myself because it offered several Kiehl's products I wanted to try). I am 50 with dry yet hormonal acne prone skin. I use this moisturizer as a final step in the dry areas around my nose and mouth. I have had no reactions, and it moisturizes well. I plan to try the version with spf because I want to minimize steps. I am not sure if I would buy again, because I love the Rosa Arctica light cream far more.

on 12/20/2017 9:25:00 AM

Was looking for a new moisturizer to add to my beauty routine and my friend recommended me this one. Luckily I was bit skeptical and didn't rush into buying one of those: I asked for a tester in their store, even though the sales person wasn't very happy to do that she gave me a couple of testers, in the evening after using my normal products I've put the moisturiser on, I'm not gonna lie it felt light and nice, I was pretty happy with the feeling and the texture but then it took ages for it to absorb, my face felt sticky and it was annoying.. In the morning I woke up and immediately saw three horrible and painful breakouts... I was SO disappointed, since I had so many problems with my skin and zits for many years and only lately I've managed to put it under control, I still have some scars from my old acne and was so happy to almost have a clear face..and now I need to take care of those 3 new zits... very sad. Be careful, especially girls with problematic, sensitive skin...

on 12/5/2017 3:19:00 PM

The ingredients list on this product is really impressive. It's been around for a while but already contains so many of the hyped ingredients we love today, like squalane and urea. I bought this product and used it religiously for 2 months. It replaced other moisturizing products in my regime, and my skin felt moisturized while I was using it. So I never thought to blame this product when I started exhibiting symptoms of extreme dehydration in my skin - peeling, cracking, any cuts taking a long time to heal, extra oiliness, etc.

Finally, I want back to a BeautyEditor.ca post I really like that talked about another moisturizing product and in the process, discussed why you should avoid silicones in products. Silicones are often present in moisturizers so that the texture of the product feels sumptuous and pleasant to consumers. They act as emollients, meaning they make your skin FEEL smooth and healthy but without actually having a permanent cosmetic effect on your skin. Worse still, they can block other ingredients in the product from penetrating into your skin and actually improving it.

I went back to the ingredients list on this product. After water and glycerin, cyclohexasiloxane - a silicone - is the top ingredient. I've finally switched moisturizers and my skin is starting to recover from the dehydration I was suffering from!!

on 6/16/2017 3:15:00 PM

Again w the PARABENS ???

This made my skin calmer than the lotion type of the ultra moisturizer HOWEVER , it doesn't do great under powder as much .

Nor does it make my skin as soft as the lotion version .

Not buying it again unless they revise their ingredients to remove them pesky parabens!