Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
Ultra Facial Cream

3.7

Aqua, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Squalane, Bis-PEG-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Sucrose Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Stearate, Urea, Myristyl Myristate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Imperata Cylindrica, Stearic Acid, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-8, Glycine Soja Oil, Tocopherol, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Myristyl Alcohol, Collagen, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine ,Chitosan, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate.

on 11/3/2011 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Those of you who experienced stings or irritation, check your product because it might be fake!

I purchased this cream from Strawberrynet. When I applied it on my face, I felt sting for first 10 sec and then it got ok....
As I saw a few reviews saying it does that, I thought that was normal.
After using it for a week I started having eczema on my face. It became extremely dry and itchy. I had no doubt about the product and just thought I might have eaten some bad food.

Then I was going away for a week, and as the jar was just too big to carry, I just dropped in at Kielhls store to get some little sachet samples. They gave me generous amount of samples so I could just take them on my trip.
Amazingly it DID NOT sting at all. The color, texture or smell...it was exactly the same but it did not sting! What's more? My skin started to calm down once I started using the samples.

When I came back home, I checked the jar that I purchased from Strawberrynet.
It looked just so real but looking at it very close, I found an evidence that it was fake.
The label - on its bottom right corner where it says "lift", genuine products have another label underneath when you lift the outer label, that states all the ingredients etc. The one I got from Strawberrynet didn't have anything underneath.

So those of you who's been having skin trouble with this prouduct (and if you purchased yours online!) check your product.....as it might be fake!!

on 2/21/2017 2:59:00 AM

First days, weeks, month ..I was really happy with this cream. My skin looked great, I was thinking that I have found finally ideal base for under my foundation! Everything looked just amazing till one day :(
After month using this cream I have found 3 big pimples on on the chin and neck. But something like this I have seen first time in my life! Big, red acne painful mountain! You can do anything with this! you can not cover it, squeeze it, only what you can do is waiting 5 long weeks.
Of course I didnt noticed that this cream can do it because 1,5 month was all great.
then my kiehls is finished-everything backed to normal.
After half year and using different cream i was back to Kiehls ultra facial...again the same story: 1,5 month fantasticskin and then 4 big pimples!! He is guilty!
the I have checked what is inside the cream and there are few very very bad ingredients Peg , Mirystyl and a lot of preservatives-these things demage our skin.
No more !!

on 6/7/2013 12:14:00 PM

I won a year's supply of this through a Kiehl's/Facebook competition. Before receiving it, I had never tried it. I moved three years ago from a very humid area of the us to a very dry one. My skin was really complaining about that dryness. All kinds of flaking, wrinkling, just ugh. I've tried several different moisturizers and while in the humid area, I was very oily, and a very light moisturizer was all I could stand.
Here, because of the dryness, I began to look toward heavier and heavier moisturizers, almost completely losing that oiliness issue I'd had all my life.
This stuff though, this stuff is different. Feels very heavy to the touch, and that scared me. But after I put a dab on and smoothed it all over my face, neck and upper chest, I became delighted. It sinks in, really sinks in. There is zero greasy feel after, and my skin feels soft and comfortable. I have hormonal acne and this hasn't affected me as far as breakouts at all. If it was less expensive, I'd use it all over my body.
Bottom line: effective moisturizer that feels really luxurious, and it's from an eco-conscious company, so that makes me feel good. I dread when my year's supply runs out, as I'm already addicted and will absolutely have to repurchase!

on 6/2/2014 6:09:00 PM

Sorry Kiehlís Ultra Facial Cream Ė Iím just not that into you. After hearing such rave reviews, you have failed to satisfy my daily facial moisturizing needs. It was great that you were lightweight, non-greasy, and was quick to absorb into my skin, but I can get the same results from others at a fraction of the price. At $46.50 for 4.2oz, you are one expensive lady that I just canít justify spending money on mediocre results. Iíd rather spend $15-20 on 4oz bottle of Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer w/ SPF and get the same moisturizing results plus an additional brightening effect & daily SPF. With your fat round bottle and screw-top lid, itís been a hassle getting in touch with you. Aveeno just lets me do a quick pump with my finger and weíre done. Perhaps my face needs a lot more moisture than the average girl, but this relationship just isnít working out.

on 9/23/2006 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is AWESOME. A little goes a long way. Totally fragrance/irritant free. Ingredient list is unparalleled--squalane, glycerin and almond oil are included. It liquifies on contact and provides a high level of moisturization throughout the night (or day). It leaves my skin a little shiny, but I like to use it the daytime when I'm on Retin-A and follow with a little powder. I have Rosacea and very sensitive skin, and this cream is totally non-irritating, even while I'm on Retin-A. You can tell that Kiehl's put some extra effort into getting it right. After all, it's the namesake of their Ultra Moisturizing Lotion, which has a great reputation. Speaking of, I also use Kiehl's Ultra Moisturizing Lotion as a lighter moisturizer. Try it--you won't be disappointed!

UPDATE: I do love this moisturizer and would recommend it to anyone who wants a great cream moisturizer. I, however, have switched over to 3 drops of jojoba oil in the morning and evening, and I'm loving the simplicity as well as the overall health of my skin.

Since it's debut back in late 2006, I've been very loyal to this cream. I'm now on my 4th jar of this, not counting the tens of mini/deluxe jars I've used and all the dozens of sample packets I keep in my overnight kit.

Like Clinique's DD Gel (which is also a standby workhorse of mine but its lighter texture works better for me in the summer), this sunk into my skin, moisturized, and lasted all day without being heavy. I could use it even on irritated post-peel/tretinoin skin without feeling any uncomfortable sting. I loved its fluffy, almost whipped texture and I reached for it as one of my most reliable, all-purpose, well-rounded moisturizers that didn't cost too much and performed beautifully. Something about it made my skin just feel clean and bright and happy. I especially loved it for the colder months because I found that it left this light but delightfully dewy, plumply moist feel and look.

But something changed.

For months now, my skin has been hating this. It simply will not absorb anymore--it just sits there on my face like a clammy, silicone slick. It has an almost mask-like feel to it. It still washes off easily and has a thin, light texture, but while I wear it, it almost feels like I have a fine layer of a water-resistant substance on my face. I keep trying to work with it--I've tried layering it w/ different products, pressing it in, rolling it in, tapping it in, praying over it, coaxing it to work with different massage techniques, etc....but nothing works. It feels almost like a silicone-laden hair shine serum on my face. My dehydrated skin has become increasingly ruddy looking and the pores seem larger than they normally do. My small patches of Renova-abused dry flakes can't seem to extract any of the humectants anymore. It's bizarre. It actually feels like it's suffocating my skin or somehow preventing it from absorbing moisture. Terrible.

(P.S. The only other time I've had a product just turn on me like this is with a Perricone cream (was it the Face Finishing?? can't remember), which I had also been very loyal to. Months deep into my love-affair with it, it just bottomed out and my skin just didn't seem to be able to benefit from the formula at all any longer. Same thing with this. And neither of the two formulas had changed either (I've checked). Very occasionally this also happens to me with a hair product, but after I do a clarifying treatment, it usually starts working again. With this and the Perricone product, though, no amount of tweaking seems to restore its earlier performance. I don't get it. I can see how hair product build-up can prevent a 'poo/conditioner from performing, but my skin doesn't have any "build-up"--I use peels/tretinoin/toner/etc. every day--but I have no explanation for this. Anybody with a better dermatological insight care to enlighten me? I'm flummoxed.)

on 10/2/2010 4:54:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Great moisturizer for nightime use and under sunscreen during the day. It doesn't irritate my skin or eyes. It is easibly absorbed and leaves my skin looking healthy. I use it over the Kiehl's Firming Concentrate, which is another amazing product. The Ultra Facial Cream moisturizers better than most $100-200 creams and appears to minimize fine lines.

on 4/30/2017 9:17:00 PM

Even though this is supposed to be okay for sensitive skin, there is something in it which made my face burn and turn red on first application. I was disappointed as I had read good things about this cream. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with reactive skin types like mine.

I absolutely LOVE this cream!
I've been through so many different brands and different formulas and nothing does the job like Kielhs.
I have combination dry sensitive skin, so picking the right moisturiser is essential for me.
Having a cream that is a tad too moisturising for me will instantly cause my skin to break out in spots, and one that isn't moisturising enough causes my skin to flake and go pink.
This is the perfect balance for me skin, and I've tried other creams but always found myself coming back to this one.
I love that it has no smell either! I've recommended this to so many of my friends and family and everyone loves it!

on 8/7/2013 9:21:00 PM

I really like this basic moisturiser, it soaks in with no grease and absorbs immediately and keeps me hydrated all day. It is very basic though so no other benefits. I rate this higher than the newly formulated clinique DDML, which still leaves a film on me and pills under certain other products. You wont have this issue with this. I rate this above CeraVe and other basic drugstore moisturisers. Its cosmetically elegant and is good for normal/dry types. No real smell no colour, very fine, not too thick and very reasonably priced.