Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
Ultra Facial Cream

3.7

Aqua, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Squalane, Bis-PEG-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Sucrose Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Stearate, Urea, Myristyl Myristate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Imperata Cylindrica, Stearic Acid, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-8, Glycine Soja Oil, Tocopherol, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Myristyl Alcohol, Collagen, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine ,Chitosan, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been usuing the Ultra Facial Moisturizer for the past year. It's not bad but it's not great. I was at the Kiehl's counter buying some of the Creamy Eye Cream with Avocado and noticed this new product. The salesperson let me try some. I was apprehensive at first because I don't usually like creams since they tend to be too heavy. I was delightfully surprised by the texture, it's creamy but silky and smooth. It is definitely a more substantial moisturizer than the original lotion formula. Also, my nose has been dry and chapped because of my allergies. After one night's use, my nose is no longer chapped but rather soft and smooth. My only qualm is that this product comes in a tub not a bottle so I use a cotton swab instead of digging my fingers in there. Overall, I think this a great moisturizer and since I am such a huge Kiehl's fan, I will definitely be repurchasing.

KIEHLS DID IT BIG TIME HERE!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS CREAM. ULTRA FACIAL MOISTURIZER IS MY GO TO MOISTURIZER & NOW THIS CREAM IS NECK & NECK. THE CREAM IS NOT TOO HEAVY, LIGHT & FLUFFY, YET A LITTLE COVERS SO WELL ON MY FACE. I AM USING THIS AS MY NIGHT CREAM & DURING THE DAY WHEN I KNOW I WON'T BE ABLE TO RE-MOISTURIZE ANYTIME SOON. THE PRICE IS IDEAL FOR A 1.7OZ JAR. $22.50!!! YOU CANT BEAT THAT. THIS IS BETTER THAN PHILOSOPHY HOPE IN A JAR IF YOU ASK ME, & I HAVE DRY & SENSITIVE SKIN. THOUGH I DO STICK TO PURITY MADE SIMPLE CLEANSER BY PHILOSOPHY, THIS IS WHAT I WILL USE AFTER A NICELY CLEANSED FACE. I WILL ORDER THIS AGAIN & AGAIN.

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I have tried a few of the Kiehl's moisturizers, including the famous Ultra Facial Lotion. I thought the lotion was ok, but rather basic, and when I apply it, the consistency is such that I feel like I'm putting Elmer's Glue on my face. But now I need a good moisturizer that absorbs easily because I've just started the Clear Skin Regmimen from www.acne.org (if you suffer from acne like I do, you MUST check out this website. I learned of it from MUA, and I'm so glad I did!). So I need a gentle cleanser (Kiehl's Washable Cleansing MIlk), plenty of Benzoyl Peroxide all over my face, and a good moisturizer to counteract the BP. With the new Ultra Facial Cream, I think I've found the perfect moisturizer. I was worried it would be too heavy, but it absorbs into my skin like a dream, even over the layer of BP. My skin feels soft and looks healthy. I love the cream version so much better than the Ultra Facial Lotion. Having turned 40 this year, I have had to rethink the way I moisturize my face, and UFC is the way to go. I might even have found my HG moisturizer.

on 6/19/2006 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

it's hydrating, lightweight, absorbs immediately,doesn't cause any breakouts and has no added fragrance. it is very affordable, simple and no sensitive reaction to the ingredients. I have dry skin so I use this in warmer months and panthenol protein face cream in the winter.

I am a die hard Ultra Facial lotion gal so this product and it's high ratings tempted me. It does not disappoint. has all the great qualities of Ultra Lotion but it's thicker, more emollient yet not super heavy & greasy. Felt like silk when applied. I use it around my eyes w/ no irritation. While Ultra Lotion would be my pick during summer for my norm/dry skin, this is a must have for all other seasons. Not sure why this is in a jar vs a squeeze tube which I would prefer. Minus one lippie for price - you can buy a simlar product called Beauty without Cruelty for way less. Overall good product.

on 9/23/2006 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is AWESOME. A little goes a long way. Totally fragrance/irritant free. Ingredient list is unparalleled--squalane, glycerin and almond oil are included. It liquifies on contact and provides a high level of moisturization throughout the night (or day). It leaves my skin a little shiny, but I like to use it the daytime when I'm on Retin-A and follow with a little powder. I have Rosacea and very sensitive skin, and this cream is totally non-irritating, even while I'm on Retin-A. You can tell that Kiehl's put some extra effort into getting it right. After all, it's the namesake of their Ultra Moisturizing Lotion, which has a great reputation. Speaking of, I also use Kiehl's Ultra Moisturizing Lotion as a lighter moisturizer. Try it--you won't be disappointed!

UPDATE: I do love this moisturizer and would recommend it to anyone who wants a great cream moisturizer. I, however, have switched over to 3 drops of jojoba oil in the morning and evening, and I'm loving the simplicity as well as the overall health of my skin.

on 9/27/2006 9:23:00 AM

This would be love at first sight, and as far as moisturizers go I am pretty hard to impress. I just suffered a major break out after trying out the SK-II line, and La Mer was no help. Neither were my former tried and tested products. I am Asian with combination skin. I normally only have to deal with the monthly zit, but recently had a worse-than-anything-in-my-teens break out. I live in a tropical and very humid city, but all the air conditioning tends to dry out areas of my face. I've tried several moisturizers and although they mostly do a decent job, some end up too greasy, or giving me shine on my nose that I just can't get rid of. Luckily, I tried Kiehls Ultra Facial Cream (the original lotion version did nothing for me). This is truly my dream cream! The texture is perfect, it absorbs easily and keeps my face matte. The SA told me it would make a great make-up base, and it really does! It keeps my make-up on the entire day (even with the humidity) - no touching up required! Needless to say I am in absolute bliss and would highly recommend this to anyone. No breakouts so far. In fact, it has calmed down the acne greatly. The packaging is unassuming and looks a lot like my hair wax, but I can't complain. I just love this stuff! - update: I had to take 2 lippies off. After a month of use I started breaking out again. The breakouts stopped as soon as I stopped using this. I tried again a month later and they definitely came back when I reused the moisturizer. It's so sad, particularly as it moisturizes really well. I guess it's not meant for me.

on 10/3/2006 9:54:00 PM

I would give my right arm for a lifetime supply of this cream. This cream is by far the best moisturizer I've ever used. I went on vacation to a really humid area and then returned back here in the states and my skin went crazy and dried out to the point where my face was red and burned whenever I put lotion on. I think I also had an allergic reaction to an eye cream. Anyway, I put a small amount of cream on for a couple days and my skin went back to its normal supple self. I LOVE this cream.. and I love kiehl's!! This cream is for dryer skins and a little goes a long way.. it is very moisturizing and the tub actually feels heavy for its size. If your skin is dry (esp in winter), give this a shot.. I love it.

**UPDATED: I have been using this cream for about a year, and I have not broken out at all which is odd, since I usually get several breakouts monthly. Other people have been saying they feel a burning? sensation when they put it on their face, but I think it's because your skin is so dry that it is burning. I usually put this cream on the 1st thing after I dry my hair, and the one time I waited longer, when I put it on my skin was already super dry and my face burned as I put it on. That's the only time that has happened. Anyway, I think it's a great cream and I'm going to keep using it especially since it keeps me zit free!!!**

on 10/9/2006 4:26:00 PM

I never thought my HG moisturizer would be $22 for 1.7oz. I only purchased it after reading a small blurb in Allure about glycoprotiens. My skin is partially oily, breaks out occasionally but dehydrated and really sensitive. I also live in a humid climate, but am exposed to air conditioning on a regular basis. I love this cream. Its very hydrating, but not too oily. If you don't need the hydration, then I think this would be too much, but its fairly lightweight in spite of the cream texture. It did not break me out and since it doesn't have aggressive active ingredients, it works perfectly over my IS Clinical Pro-Heal serum (another love). I wouldn't go as far to say that it CURED my problem skin, but it did not aggrevate it and did improve the hydration and texture (which is all it claims to do). I love it. I use it in conjunction with Shu Uemura Enriched Cleansing Oil and Kiehl's Non-Detergent Cleanser.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My skin has been completely dry and parched from frequent business travel and I had tried everything--a facial, hydrating mask, etc. and I could not shake the dull, taut, dehydrated feel until I used a sample of this which I received in the mail. It is INCREDIBLE. One use and my skin was soft, hydrated and supple again. I ran out to buy it immediately and was amazed how inexpensive it was vs. what I usually spend on moisturizers ($22.50 for a 1.7 oz. jar). LOVE IT!